Six Nations Final Week

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Final Week

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Joe says in this morning's papers that he will decide if he wants to stay in Ireland after the SA tour. I guess being called names on this site has nothing to do with his deep thinking. Filthy lucre may be more relevant....

I take it everyone in Ulster wants rid of him, but my question is, who do you wish to be his replacement? What fresh qualities will the new coach need to bring?
Rather we got rid of the shackles of the entire system
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Joe says in this morning's papers that he will decide if he wants to stay in Ireland after the SA tour. I guess being called names on this site has nothing to do with his deep thinking. Filthy lucre may be more relevant....

I take it everyone in Ulster wants rid of him, but my question is, who do you wish to be his replacement? What fresh qualities will the new coach need to bring?
I've also noticed this type of comment from the Leinstertainment social mob.
Apparently if you have not the qualifications to a higher standard to the incumbent you are not allowed to voice an opinion

COYBIG Ireland are brill
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

What I've wanted all along - someone with no links to any of the provinces whatsoever so there will be a fair selection policy.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'd like Nucifora to take over.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Someone who picks the form players in their best positions no matter what province they came from. So basically no one who has ever coached in Ireland before.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:

Someone who picks the form players in their best positions no matter what province they came from. So basically no one who has ever coached in Ireland before.
And yes, I'd be happy to see the back of him.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:

Except through IRFU directive

According to humph Payne was signed as a 13 replacement for BoD. UR were given special dispensation to play him at 15

The IRFU select the team based on their own KPIs. IMO Joe is powerless to pick the majority of the side
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

There is a trend in Irish rugby to hint you might leave these shores merely to negotiate a better deal to stay. Joe appears to have gone stale, been found out call it what you will but his value and thus negotiating position has been depleted and needs a lift. Interesting this was leaked before before the Scotland match which might reflect how confident he might be in getting a win. I think if the Scots play how they played against France Zebo and Earls weakness in defence will be exposed and we will lose however the D4 press will pick up on AT's lack of real pace as a reason for defeat.
As far as a replacement is concerned does it matter if Nucifora remains in the background with other influencers!!!!!!!1
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Man for man that Scotland side shiites all over Mexico
Tell me, oh wise one, how many of that Scottish team were slaughtered on their own lawn a year ago, 10-40 on our own pitch FFS, they were showing promising signs then without getting results.They've had a good RWC form a crap group and then got snattered by England & Wales though not badly.

I think it's a pretty balanced game given Ireland's injury issues, which could give us something worth watching, but I believe your hypotenuse does not equal the sum of your other two sides, hence, yer talking keek pal. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

skiboo wrote:As far as a replacement is concerned does it matter if Nucifora remains in the background with other influencers!!!!!!!1
Hence my suggestion to bring him to the fore.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Tell me, oh wise one, how many of that Scottish team were slaughtered on their own lawn a year ago, 10-40 on our own pitch FFS, they were showing promising signs then without getting results.They've had a good RWC form a crap group and then got snattered by England & Wales though not badly.

I think it's a pretty balanced game given Ireland's injury issues, which could give us something worth watching, but I believe your hypotenuse does not equal the sum of your other two sides, hence, yer talking keek pal. Image
A Scott Johnson inspired Scotland

Possibly the only coach in history who ever makes sides worse

Add last year PoC, SoB, a fit Irish tight head, and Scotland not having a 7 fit to lace my boots
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

I think it's a pretty balanced game given Ireland's injury issues, which could give us something worth watching, but I believe your hypotenuse does not equal the sum of your other two sides, hence, yer talking keek pal. Image
A Scott Johnson inspired Scotland

Possibly the only coach in history who ever makes sides worse

Add last year PoC, SoB, a fit Irish tight head, and Scotland not having a 7 fit to lace my boots
For info, of the two 23s tomorrow:

Ireland have 12 players who were involved in last year's game (Payne, Henshaw, Sexton, Murray, McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Heaslip, Healy, Reddan and Madigan)

Scotland have 8 (Hogg, Seymour, Visser, Laidlaw, Dickinson, Ford, Swinson and Harley)

Vern Cotter was coaching Scotland last year not Johnson.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Still blaming Johnson
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brian McLaughlin
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Big Smoke Culchie wrote:

Except through IRFU directive

According to humph Payne was signed as a 13 replacement for BoD. UR were given special dispensation to play him at 15

The IRFU select the team based on their own KPIs. IMO Joe is powerless to pick the majority of the side
Rather like the BOEMPC setting interest rates, Joe's selections are driven by his KPIs and the constraints placed upon him by the IRFU.