2016 Rugby Championship

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2016 Rugby Championship

Post by againstthehead »

bazzaj wrote:That was the greatest rugby performance I have ever seen.
They are just unreal and when you see individual skills combined with their team ethic it's simply lethal.
Allwe can do is look and admire.
Don't know if we can learn as our players simply don't possess those skill levels.
Offload and run in anticipation of it in the gaps.
Seems simple doesn't it!
I find it hard to believe that the AB forwards can just somehow naturally have these skill levels that other sides don't. Don't get me wrong, there is certainly an element of it but I think a lot of it is psychological. They just know what they're doing and totally believe in it. The coaches have enshrined a culture of quick ball and to 'have a go'. They don't think, they just do it and have total belief in the systems and in their team-makes. Other sides, have to eye up NZ and change their gameplans accordingly. NZ might tweek things a little week to week but generally the system and style remains the same but they just slot different personnel into the system.

NZ seem to be working to a 'total rugby' model where both the backs and forwards are almost interchangeable. Their backs today were cleaning out rucks like backrowers without giving it a second thought this ensuring quick ball across the park and of course they thrive on having the likes of Coles and Reid in the tramlines out wide.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Nice rendition of the Argentina anthem >clapping
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:Nice rendition of the Argentina anthem >clapping
Fit as feck

Rooster?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Saffers 15 NZ 57 in Durban.
9 tries to bugger all, 7 in the 2nd half.
Up to Ireland to halt the World Record winning run lol. I think Ireland are gonna get ripped a new one.
Confirming that this has been an entirely pointless exercise, I do not feel deprived for having seen almost nothing of it. BUt NZ were magnificent, how could you not watch it? Right?

I know they are they are so far ahead of the rest of humanity it is almost pointless even wondering who will beat them. I prefer watching matches , not exhibitions.

I suspect the fact that very few have bothered with this thread barring Agen to gush, Jizzbeg as assistant gusher & me to say how bored it makes me, says all that's needed. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

NZ are fabulous. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This tournament is a jokeshop
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:This tournament is a jokeshop
Is it still on?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:This tournament is a jokeshop
Is it still on?
It's somehow endee up in london
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

It's a jokeshop yet contains the 4 RWC semi-finalists. Says a lot about the world game at the minute although at least England are making some strides in the right direction. I know sides need to rebuild but the vacuum left concerns me a little. I can see rugby falling further off the radar in Australia if their demise continues much longer.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:It's a jokeshop yet contains the 4 RWC semi-finalists. Says a lot about the world game at the minute although at least England are making some strides in the right direction. I know sides need to rebuild but the vacuum left concerns me a little. I can see rugby falling further off the radar in Australia if their demise continues much longer.
Don't jump uo conclusions dingerend

Being a jokeshop has nothing to do with the teams in it

Maybe go back to basics and understand geography and economics. Then come back
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Because a game was played in England? Fair play to Argentina if they get a bit of coin out of it. If it allows them to keep a player or two in Argentina then happy days. Likewise to Ireland and nz for playing in the us. Financial no brainer for nations that don't have the financial clout of England and France but want to be at the top table.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:Saffers 15 NZ 57 in Durban.
9 tries to bugger all, 7 in the 2nd half.
Up to Ireland to halt the World Record winning run lol. I think Ireland are gonna get ripped a new one.
Confirming that this has been an entirely pointless exercise, I do not feel deprived for having seen almost nothing of it. BUt NZ were magnificent, how could you not watch it? Right?

I know they are they are so far ahead of the rest of humanity it is almost pointless even wondering who will beat them. I prefer watching matches , not exhibitions.

I suspect the fact that very few have bothered with this thread barring Agen to gush, Jizzbeg as assistant gusher & me to say how bored it makes me, says all that's needed. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

NZ are fabulous. :thumleft:
And I will continue to gush.
As a coach myself they are forcing me to re evaluate the way the game should be played but perhaps I should be thinking of the way the game can be played.

Eddie Jones is a great coach but he sets a game plan according to the tools he has with England.
The fact is they don't have front rowers throwing no look offloads and 20 metre inch perfect passes on the hoof.
Until he does he will just have to watch and admire.

Having said that SA did not help themselves by flying out of the line and missing tackles presenting gaps for the New Zealanders to pour through.
In contrast New Zealand defend in threes and the third man flies up to apply the inside squeeze.
They don't defend-they attack without the ball.

I think that the Lions could match them but I don't think Gatland is the man to do it as he's too set in his ways.

The key is to live with them till the last part of the game and try to match their impact when thy run away with the game.
Wales managed the first bit in recent games with NZ but we're blown away subsequently.

A tactic maybe to hold back the likes of the Vunipolas, Otojay even Henderson back till the last part of the gamein order to match their impact..
Create an impact team within a team.
Can't see how else they will live with them but they are going to have to think outside of the box to do so.

Tipuric would have to be involved as I think that he's terrific.
Gatland exposes his limitations everything he ignores him.
Last edited by bazzaj on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:Because a game was played in England? Fair play to Argentina if they get a bit of coin out of it. If it allows them to keep a player or two in Argentina then happy days. Likewise to Ireland and nz for playing in the us. Financial no brainer for nations that don't have the financial clout of England and France but want to be at the top table.
Youre clueless and hopeless at the same time

Where is the ignore button on tippytalk?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:It's a jokeshop yet contains the 4 RWC semi-finalists. Says a lot about the world game at the minute although at least England are making some strides in the right direction. I know sides need to rebuild but the vacuum left concerns me a little. I can see rugby falling further off the radar in Australia if their demise continues much longer.
6 attempts, not one team could restrict NZ to less than 4 tries, NZ win 6 games with a positive points difference of 178, that Agen is a fraction shy of a 30 point margin in every game & that is why despite the obvious quality, the competition is indeed what brother Russ describes as a jokeshop.

NZ are magnificent, I suspect all others look very beatable in the AIs. Lucky old Ireland get NZ twice. Will be interesting to see Ireland can keep them under 50 points in either game.

Wales & England have "the other 3", England will slaughter them, Wales not so much, they never beat Australia.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

It's not fun watching the ABs because you know, no matter what the score is at the time, around the 60 minute mark they just power away from their opponents. As Baggy says, you want to watch matches not exhibitions.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Any chance of them using the AIs as an opportunity to give a few new guys a run?
No , thought not.
Then again,it probably wouldn't matter anyway. They define SID.