RBS 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by Snipe Watson »

And that was all she wrote. Woefully inept first half.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joe out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

So we get back into the game by playing direct high intensity stuff. As soon as we go ahead we start kicking the ball away....ffs who makes calls like that. That drop in intensity let scotland back into the game.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Oops!
Giving the bookies a miss!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The game was lost in the first half Scotland were always going to get penalties in the second half to keep Ireland under pressure the fact the penalties came late after Ireland had taken the lead matters little with a ref like Poite really you can rest assured he will penalise you at some stage .

The point difference flatters Scotland the win doesn't too many weaknesses in the Irish defence to deserve the win.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

postby rumncoke » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:24 pm

The point difference flatters Scotland the win doesn't too many weaknesses in the Irish defence to deserve the win.
Yes... a 5 point win, very very flattering :roll:
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Less than 13 minutes gone in the England v France game, and England have a player sin binned for a dangerous tackle. Surprisingly, it's not Hartley, but Jonny May.

ITV commentators saying it was harsh, but it was the right call for me

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I've never particularly liked the Scottish rugby side.
Possibly due to the fact that they had similar resources to us yet we rarely beat them in the late 80s and 90s.
That was annoying whereas we never really should have expected to beat other sides.
Just plain annoying losing to them almost like losing a local derby.

Good coaching has made a huge difference with them and all I feel now they are missing is belief after years of averageness.
Younger players don't tend to be burdened by failure as we found when Gatland introduced 5 new caps for us en mass when he was at the helm after a number of barren years.

With Glasgow they have a side that have tasted success and that core is driving their team as the great Munster and Leinster sides did for us.
The bad news for them is that those Irish provinces have been revitalised and are being harnessed by some of the best coaching staff in world rugby.
Hopefully that will send them back to the drawing board tae think again.
It's a strange fixture Jizzer, when I was a lad we used to bate them out the gate then things swung in their favour and more recently Ireland have been more dominant.

The two pro teams there has both challenges and benefits but I read that 13 of the Weegies team that horsed Tigers are there today.

Irelands problem is rushing SOB into the fray, he has developed a history of breaking down quickly after every comeback. There is a good replacement but if he's called on too early then that takes away the impact late in the game. Another of Schmidt poor selections.

On a good day you think the Irish backs could be good, but they aren't a unit whereas the Scots are. With that and away from home I'm not sure where all the confidence is coming from. I think this is a real seize the day game, whoever gets the start will be hard to beat, I don't see the Irish backs coming back from 14 down. That said I think the pack should win the game...... if they don't fück it up.

I'm away to Derry's walls and then onwards pubwards.

Sleep well little Britons >EW
Haven't seen the game but reading the reports it sounds like Bagsters called it pretty spot-on. Cracking result for Scotland which could add a bit of additional sparkle to the 6N. France look to be a challenge thus far too.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

ITV commentators are Bellends
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

222toHounslow wrote:ITV commentators are Bellends
Swapping to RTE.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Interesting game. Thought France showed a physicality that I haven't seen from them in a while. Looked a decent side and their defense was superb at times. Thought the ref gave a few home-town decisions in the 2nd 40 which gave England a bit more possession and field position than they deserved. Good result in the end of England though.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

againstthehead wrote:Interesting game. Thought France showed a physicality that I haven't seen from them in a while. Looked a decent side and their defense was superb at times. Thought the ref gave a few home-town decisions in the 2nd 40 which gave England a bit more possession and field position than they deserved. Good result in the end of England though.
No decision was worse than:

"The ball's out!"
Peep!
"You can't dive on the ball!"
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dreadful stuff. We lost to a team we should be beating. It is unacceptable and most of our players did not perform up to the required standard. Even when we got into a winning position there was no on field leadership to drive it home.

Players who were badly missed - Donncha Ryan and POM.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

You wouldn't be a Munsterman by any chance?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!