RBS 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cracker wrote:Ringrose has been built up as the great centre of the future. Quite frankly he contributes very little and if he was not from Leinster he would not be near the team. That is not his fault but the fault of the Dublin press who have built him up so much he must feel under pressure to perform in every game. I have no doubt he will be an excellent international in the future but not now.
I disagree. Ringrose is going to be world class.
Well he's currently a world class bluffer
Not a bluffer.

Maybe others on his behalf, but I have yet to see any sign of bluffing from the young man himself.

Maybe those on both sides of the argument should get off his back and let him get on with developing into the very good player he promises to be, without the hype and pressure.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cracker wrote:Ringrose has been built up as the great centre of the future. Quite frankly he contributes very little and if he was not from Leinster he would not be near the team. That is not his fault but the fault of the Dublin press who have built him up so much he must feel under pressure to perform in every game. I have no doubt he will be an excellent international in the future but not now.
I disagree. Ringrose is going to be world class.
Well he's currently a world class bluffer
Not a bluffer.

Maybe others on his behalf, but I have yet to see any sign of bluffing from the young man himself.

Maybe those on both sides of the argument should get off his back and let him get on with developing into the very good player he promises to be, without the hype and pressure.
I'd rather he be allowed at his level

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

austintranslation wrote:Ireland shown up to be the average side that they are. One 'off' result in Chicago has sent expectations soaring for a side that is old and devoid of ideas when Plan A fails to work. A load of supporters have had a serious reality check during this tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supporters? Or the six nations brill brigade? As long as the FIRFU can fill the pish pan they don't care.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Jackie Brown wrote:
austintranslation wrote:Ireland shown up to be the average side that they are. One 'off' result in Chicago has sent expectations soaring for a side that is old and devoid of ideas when Plan A fails to work. A load of supporters have had a serious reality check during this tournament.

Supporters? Or the six nations brill brigade? As long as the FIRFU can fill the pish pan they don't care.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
6NBB is probably more accurate in fairness.

Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I don't doubt that Ringrose has potential but he appeared to go AWOL last night.Kearney was another disappointment along with Zebo, who not only has defensive frailties but his attack lacks Zip. Putting Tommy on the bench with his current form was unbeleivable, and then to bring him on with less than a minute to go only made it worse.
Was CJ Injured and if not why did they not get
SOB off and OMahony on. I know that Peter can be a bit of a loose cannon at times but better that than a damp squib.
Having had a quick scrol through the Provonces I see some expert from Leinster summed up PJ performance as SH--- personally I didn't think he did too badly adding 3 pts when Janny was off having his head seen to. With 58 seconds on the clock I couldn't see how he could effect the result not after the charge down and Roberts score.
There is the usual theme of blaming the thrower rather than the Jumper or caller at the Lineout.
Change the back three and restore Payne to 13, and bring on fresh legs when they can be effective and not too late in the day against England.
Time too to resurrect Henry's international career.
Start OMahony over SOB and if Janny not performing bring on PJ early in game.
On current form not looking good for a result against England so let the youngsters on to see what they can do.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Dublin4 wrote:Henshaw is to blame. period.
So wee Rabbie Henshaw is blaming his brainfarts on the fact that he was menstruating?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Joe circling the wagons. Top 3 finish is the target apparently, so must beat England next week.....

2 hopes if they play like they did last night...Bob and No

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

His face in the pre-match interview re closing the roof and the not so dry pitch. At least the coach was on time this week

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Fair play, Baggy, your boys deserved it. Enjoy the evening. >clapping The drinks are on us.

It is heart breaking, however,that Henshaw in his enthusiasm to help his forwards screwed up Best's try that would/could have won the game for us. Robbie is a class player and we will forgive him.
Wales were physically formidable and played as if their lives depended on it.
England have almost certainly won the 6N but I would still enjoy beating Hartley and Co next week and help to spoil their party.
No no no, D4 I won't hear a bad word against a :mexican: , it was very clearly Best's fault, after all he's from Ulster and therefore a liability, I won't hear a word of criticism of Henshaw.

As for the rest, it's just possible that my hatred of England might see me want an Ireland win next week against my better judgment ........or maybe I'll just not watch it.

Certainly my personal agenda to hate the FIRFU would be better served by an English win & would match my prediction of 2 wins, albeit I suspected they might be the first two games.

I can't wait for the day that Nucifora sacks Schmidt, for that will hasten the day that Nucifora himself gets the bullet. And on that day I'll dance a jig and drink mucho vino. Schmidt, great coach , poor selector and poor game manager last night, would in the main be collateral damage but I must campaign until Nucifora is gone, he's just a bagofshite, the rugby equivalent of Trump.

#fuc'ktheFIRFU
#deathtonucifora
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:I said to the guys at work this week that we had given the initiative to Wales by leaving our best back rower on the bench and persisted with a guy who has become a very poor player in the 7 jersey and it would probably cost us the game. It did cost us the game. Heaslip and Stander are decent players but they cannot carry a dead player on their backs against a very good back row.

That is not to say that others did not perform.

Some day Joe may realise that leaving the real captain and pack leader out of this team is asking to be second best. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the game would never consider not playing POM, as I have said for the last few years. Retarded selection has cost us dearly yet again.
Wise words from the Ambassador for Turnipstan. I'll tell you this free, gratis & for nothing, not only is SOB a shadow of his former self in terms of playing ability & for my money not even remotely a no. 7, but unless my eyes deceive me he has physically shrunk, he looks like a wee fella at present.

For me if you are going to play 2 sixes and an 8, the best 2 sixes both play for Munster. Whilst if I were an Ireland supporter, I would share your frustration, as an ABI fan I just have to point out that you have previously ridiculed my own assertion that Schmidt is a dodgy selector.

So pal, you can't have it every way. >EW I'll give you a clue, I agree that O'Mahony should not only start but he should absolutely be captain.

I am fast growing a body of support that Schmidt is not the messiah, he is merely a very very good but flawed coach, dodgy selector, by far too loyal to "his players" who with very few exceptions are Mexicans. He also has a disturbing facility to blame his bit part players, even if they only play for 10 minutes in the game, again shielding "Joe's boys".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Joe like other Coaches before him will pay a heavy price for loyalty to players he trusts but are past there prime .

When Barnes failed the yellow test for high tackle on Sexton I sensed that Ireland had little chance of winning .

In Barnes book a single unseen and assumed offence in the red zone gets a red for failure to release the welsh did all night to ensure slow recycle with immunity .

There is no way an English referee should have been in the middle for that game .

The penalty count of course looks fair but a bin player is worth at least 5 - 10 points

How hitting a player in the face with a knee is not dangerous even if accidental is a question MrBarnes should think about .

As you can gather I don't consider Barnes had a good game but the it is hard to be totally immune to a welsh crowd

Go

The bit in green is absolutely correct Ron'n, it is a major fault, the world and it's mother knows that Bob is "great in the air", just absolutely crap on the ground, and last night failed the gut check for tackling by a fullback. Whilst Schmidt was busy blaming Jackson for their first try, I watch feeble attempts by Earls & Zebo to commit to a tackle of North but I also noted Bob ambling back and getting with in the circle of "I could do nothing about it so didn't commit myself to it", that circle being far enough away to shirk, not close enough to be lambasted for not tackling. Joker :roll:

Other Mexicans that were way below their best last night, SOB big time, the two props but especially LH, Heaslip, Sexton was poor again, Henshaw made one really crucial error but was otherwise as good as anyone for Ireland. Was Ringpiece on "lght duties"?

Others on the shitlist for underperformance (much to my delight of course) Best, Zebo was practically wasting oxygen, Murray but then he should have come off before halftime well done Schmidt :roll: , Stander. I'd give a bit of credit to Ryan, Earls despite being not overly effective, Toner though not his best game. That's about it.

Most of the rest Ron'n, you could have saved the effort. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Joe is possibly the most conservative selector I have ever seen. He persists with "test match experience" over form way too long. Most of the wee girls who attend Ravenhill to gossip and look hot could tell you Tommy is done for example. I'd like to see some youth v England eg Adam Byrne... but I won't be holding my breath.

Janny was a genius for breaking the defensive line all night and the daft Welshies threw the ball to him twice. Paddy does the same thing once (our game plan?) and gets found out. Them's the breaks.

If Ringrose was ours there is zero chance the media and great unwashed would be putting up with his performances. Was a bakebook post earlier this week along the lines of "Ringrose v Payne at 13". I'd say 70-80% Ringpiece. Then balls.ie effectively has Kearney as Ireland's MOTM. Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching a different game.
No Dearie, you just have a different agenda and disagree with alternative Mexican facts.

I think the FIRFU should have a challenge match, :mexican: v the Rest of Ireland. Much as Mexico have great depth I believe the Rest in a match would knock their melt in. Never happen of course but it would be a salutory lesson to the fuc'king Mexicans that many of their "mature" players can manage club level because of talent around them, but at top level are a feck'ing bust.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The backline is misfiring because neither centre is a good enough passer. The only way a winger gets the ball is via jannies loop or a cross kick. What ever happened to the 15 coming in on the 13s shoulder? Ireland never do it. Payne needs to come back in to add a bit of fluidity at least.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ref bottled a red card inside 2 mins in England game. Scotland being taken apart...

austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Can't wait for Jonathan Joseph to run against Rob Kearney next week.