Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by ruckover »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:Pathetic selection.
Should have been Adam Byrne
Stockdale is surely worth consideration given his recent form.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Tough on Tommy but the door swings open for Fergus. :D
This Forum will melt down with the number of pantomime villains Joe has set up for it. :lol:
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

I'll be amazed if Fergus doesnt make the Lions. He's brill.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Meanwhile BBC doing some top trolling.

"Scrum-half Murray sustained a shoulder injury while fly-half Sexton was not concussed after a head knock."
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil F wrote:ATH: I fear that looking at things on a game-by-game basis doesn't really seem to point to where Ireland have had problems in the 6 Nations in the last couple of seasons. Ireland have struggled to score points against good teams. The flip side is that they haven't lost many games by some distance. England away last season is the only time Ireland have been reasonably convincingly beaten in the last couple of seasons. At the same time, Ireland have won fewer games in the last two seasons that they've won. It suggests to me more of a structural problem with Ireland than a couple of close calls in a given game going against Ireland. Once or twice, sure but not over 9 games in two seasons. Ireland don't score enough points. It's ironic because in the Autumn and Summer games, Ireland scored fairly freely and played some great rugby. When it comes to the 6 Nations, that all seems to stop. Ireland, on their day, can beat any team but unlike England, Ireland haven't built that into any kind of consistency, though. Ultimately, it suggests to me that teams have sniffed out Ireland's attack and big changes are needed. Ireland can beat England next week but it's not a foregone conclusion. If they can't find a way to score points, it's gonna be a long afternoon.

As the oaf you are addressing might say: "You have it in a nutshell Neil".

He's such a dunce, never ever thinks before jotting off some crap.

Ireland have no cutting edge whatsoever, 13 tries on 4 matches seems fine, but 9 were against Italy, 3 against Scotland (2 of which were by Ulstermen who unless Sexton is maimed will probably get 20 minutes between them on Saturday) & the 2 yard sneak by the excellent Murray against FRance before drawing a blank last week.

Murray & Sexton have been passed fit - well they are going to play, Sexton at least is no way fit and hasn't been, he's a walking sicknote. Munster fans will probably in dread that Murray gets broken and a promising season ends.

Thanks also to that wanchor Schmidt for giving Tommy 58 seconds in which to fracture his leg. >threaten >threaten >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Meanwhile BBC doing some top trolling.

"Scrum-half Murray sustained a shoulder injury while fly-half Sexton was not concussed after a head knock."
It's high time that everyone just accepted that Janny the Loop should be renamed Janny the Unconcussable
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Tough on Tommy but the door swings open for Fergus. :D
This Forum will melt down with the number of pantomime villains Joe has set up for it. :lol:
Joe as you call him is just a blue nosed ballix, never liked him, never will. I believe that contrary to his polite presence on a TV camera, he's a nasty piece of work who happens to be a good but flawed rugby coach.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
This Forum will melt down with the number of pantomime villains Joe has set up for it. Image
Joe as you call him is just a blue nosed ballix, never liked him, never will. I believe that contrary to his polite presence on a TV camera, he's a nasty piece of work who happens to be a good but flawed rugby coach.
There is a bit of Trump about Joe. He has started responding to criticism in meedya. Next he will ban them from press conferences.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

ruckover wrote:
Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:Pathetic selection.
Should have been Adam Byrne
Stockdale is surely worth consideration given his recent form.
Stockdale, Byrne and Sweetnam all worthy of consideration given their form and scope. Still who wants any of that when you can select a 30 year old who achieved the rank of "solidly average" in his prime. It's f-cking sad.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
DWFinn
Novice

Post by DWFinn »

The only meltdown in town is the Joe Show, and I'm REALLY enjoying it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

DWFinn wrote:
This Forum will melt down with the number of pantomime villains Joe has set up for it. Image
Joe really must hope that he's got an iron clad contract with the NZRU as he's played himself out of the job

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

DWFinn wrote:
Exactly Joe is having a meltdown himself.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Joe really does not help himself haha
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

austintranslation wrote:Joe really does not help himself haha
Maybe fergus is cheaper than Gilroy?

austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Russ wrote:
austintranslation wrote:Joe really does not help himself haha
Maybe fergus is cheaper than Gilroy?

True, he wouldn't have to pay expenses to transport Gilroy down to D4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk