Re: Weemen's Rugby

Post by Cockatrice »

Ulster to play on pitch during competition could be considered strange
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cockatrice wrote:Ulster to play on pitch during competition could be considered strange
Ulster moving their home pre-season game to the weekend of Aug 18-20?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Six matches on the pitch in 3-5 days should test the pitch... maybe Ulster will play friendly away but my understanding they are looking to play weekend before ladies final.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

See UR are promoting the Ladies RWC.. and only right that they do.. I look forward to see how Ireland fair as I understand that some of the Irish ladies have never played a game of proper rugby in their lives before..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:See UR are promoting the Ladies RWC.. and only right that they do.. I look forward to see how Ireland fair as I understand that some of the Irish ladies have never played a game of proper rugby in their lives before..
........what makes you think they'll be playing "proper rugby" anytime soon? :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

Sorry ladies just a wee joke. >EW

Speaking of Ladies Rugby, I hear that once again Ulster is trying to find someone to coordinate weemin's rugby, the last man having fallen on his hole/sword. Maybe it's time a woman was given the job. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, I know, a woman looking after weemin's rugby. Odd thought probably. I was thinking Lady P might do a good job, seems to know a fair bit about rugby and about weemin too. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Trust the weemin to show that there's hope for the U S of A yet.

http://web.mit.edu/wrugby/oldsite/APerfors_rugby.htm
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

How great is weemans rugby in Ulster? has it the leadership to take us forward?

btw.. there is a new series on SKY called LOGAN..... feck me I don't know how the man did it but he is a genius.....

It tells of unarmed combat in the South Atlantic against numerous enemies, it tells of fights against workers rights in communist Russia and how the game of rugby was expand against three continents by a man more widely known that Gibson and McBride.. compelling viewing I recommend a watch.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Cockatrice wrote:How great is weemans rugby in Ulster? has it the leadership to take us forward?

btw.. there is a new series on SKY called LOGAN..... feck me I don't know how the man did it but he is a genius.....

It tells of unarmed combat in the South Atlantic against numerous enemies, it tells of fights against workers rights in communist Russia and how the game of rugby was expand against three continents by a man more widely known that Gibson and McBride.. compelling viewing I recommend a watch.

Sadly not, bit, the newly installed chair person of women's rugby has flew the coup after half his committee walked, as they discovered how poor he was, apparently the powers to be picked someone who was the best for the position. Women's rugby has gone back a few more years, until they take it seriously we will be shît.

I also hear they sacked all the senior coaching structure, not all yes men.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cooke are advertising for more players under the guise of "the biggest female club"

Which is okay until you realise if everyone joins Cooke who do they play against?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Cooke are advertising for more players under the guise of "the biggest female club"

Which is okay until you realise if everyone joins Cooke who do they play against?

So, too many Cookes spoil the broth?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Wait, so lets get this right, The women world cup in Ulster this year, Ulster have no chairman, no committee, no senior management. sums a lot up in how the powers to be view women's rugby.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Wait, so lets get this right, The women world cup in Ulster this year, Ulster have no chairman, no committee, no senior management. sums a lot up in how the powers to be view women's rugby.
Aye IRFU get the main gig then feck around all season and Ulster follow up by really fecking up the chairman post, remember thinking at the they missed out on a couple of decent candidates that would drive things forward.
Surprised, not in the slightest.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Wait, so lets get this right, The women world cup in Ulster this year, Ulster have no chairman, no committee, no senior management. sums a lot up in how the powers to be view women's rugby.
IRFU have released a replica shirt for this world cup. Cant see a mens version available currently

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
IRFU have released a replica shirt for this world cup. Cant see a mens version available currently

That's sexist, phone the solicitors immediately
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Does anyone know ow the ticket sales are going in Belfast ? I don not know much about rugby to be very honest, but why has Ireland not released their World Cup Squad, reading other websites all the other teams have, I would have thought that the coach would have known his team a while ago.
"This doesn't look good Parker"