Novice

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by Vanhelsing »

Be brave say what u really mean,Ireland big win over England
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

England have a physical game which brings the opposition down to their level of incompetence.

And while they seldom obtain a turn over they frustrate the recycle and reset their defence successfully and busy enough at the breakdown to ensure that the referee seldom blows for being off side in the middle of the pitch .

Watching Ireland playing Scotland exactly how many times did the commentators mention England — the game they are commenting on is on ITV
England v France was on BBC .

Ireland started nervously with some needless mistakes and rushed plays they need cool heads against England who while looking like a blunt knife have sufficient talent to take advantage of any mistake or gifted opportunity to score .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I didn't see anything from England in this championship to suggest they are to be feared. An England victory will require Irish cooperation.
Ireland are more creative and more dynamic. The only thing I would worry about is our defence being sucked into a narrow formation. England have serious gas out wide.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is easy to understand the selection Rob Kearney and why he got Man of the match when the opposition kick the ball
To him . He is one of safest full backs against teams who kick the ball .

He seldom gets beaten in the air his kick return is varied and when on a run return he usually successfully gets in front of his support . Opposition rarely isolate him. On a runs and metres made basis he can be the player who looks the most successful .

Of course the statistics don’t show that other players seldom have the same space to run into when they get the Ball or the same opportunity to run at defenders at pace .

From the spectator’s point of view he is boringly unexciting and rarely found short provided the opposition don’t run at him and if he is exposed he can usually hide behind a team mates previous missed tackle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:I didn't see anything from England in this championship to suggest they are to be feared. An England victory will require Irish cooperation.
Ireland are more creative and more dynamic. The only thing I would worry about is our defence being sucked into a narrow formation. England have serious gas out wide.
Feck off Snipe. Way too sensible.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Big difference between England now and when Eddie Jones took over is a fit and firing Billy Vunipola.
Mightened be the greatest ever number 8 but he gives go forward from even static situations and gets over the gain line.
He created quick ball off the front foot and therefore people to play off him and even made Haskell look a player.
England have looked ponderous without him and Saracens have missed him massively as well.
None of their players have his gain line hunger.

By contrast we have carriers galore.
Its ridiculous how good Furlong was yesterday in terms of being a ball carrying prop.
Mom all day for me.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Ireland fans. Gwan. Don't you mean NIreland fan. Image
Rugby is played on an all island basis here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Watch England this week and 2 weeks back
They cannot clear out a ruck
It's literally like watching 15 Toner and Kearneys hit rucks

The other teams are adept at flooding the breakdown, clearing out the opposition beyond the ball and leaving the ball presented on a plate

skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Looking forward to next week and believe firmly Ireland can do it. However the most important man on the pitch will be wearing neither green nor white and there will be massive pressure on him.Ireland's discipline record in this six nations against England's is light years better and rightly so. Let's watch Jones place questions on the man in the middle with the media piling in behind. Let the mind games begin.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

skiboo wrote:Looking forward to next week and believe firmly Ireland can do it. However the most important man on the pitch will be wearing neither green nor white and there will be massive pressure on him.Ireland's discipline record in this six nations against England's is light years better and rightly so. Let's watch Jones place questions on the man in the middle with the media piling in behind. Let the mind games begin.
Who is ref?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It was only the TMO that stopped the Welsh winning at Twickenham and I don’t think the same passion exists for denying Ireland the Grand Slam than it does when it’s the other way around.

Daly brings something to the party but, other than that, there’s not much craic and I fully expect Ireland to win comfortably.

I shall be guldering for the Ulster contingent before crossing town to see Damien Dempsey at the Roundhouse.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

My fave moment of France V Engerland was the time Ford tried to clear out the French front row. Top marks for effort. Zero for execution.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:My fave moment of France V Engerland was the time Ford tried to clear out the French front row. Top marks for effort. Zero for execution.

Beauxis missing touch at the end was hard to top for sheer comedy value. The look on his bake afterwards was priceless.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Angus Gardner is the scheduled referee at Twickenham. Seems to have attracted quite a lot of criticism early in his career. Maybe that is the joy of refereeing? Same nationality as Eddie Jones.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Nothing in that shoulder to the head.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.