Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:The Barsteward Jones is here(possibly still being paid by the ARFU) to get his revenge for 2003(I can still see his face and the Aussie PM when Johnno hoisted the cup in front of 'em), he's here to sell us down the river before the World Cup(I like the half Jap description lol). Ireland will win.
Half-Jap Eddie is a detestable corner boy who believes himself to be endlessly smart. The bladdy Bogtrotters almost certainly have the best coach in rugby, pity I hate his guts too. I suspect the Paddybastards will choke on the day and Half-Jap's Twickinghouse record will remain "undefeated".

Thing is, I don't give a toss one way or the other. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Taken from the BBC

Eddie Jones: England boss sorry for offensive comments about Wales and Ireland

England head coach Eddie Jones has "apologised unreservedly" for offensive comments he made about Wales and Ireland.

At a sponsors' talk in July 2017, the Australian described Wales as a "brad pitt little place" and spoke about how disappointed he was by a recent defeat by the "scummy Irish".

Jones, 58, said he was "very sorry for any offence caused" and added: "No excuses. I shouldn't have said what I did."

A spokesperson for English rugby union's governing body said the remarks were "inappropriate" and the RFU would apologise to its counterparts in Ireland and Wales.

England's next match is against Ireland at Twickenham on Saturday.

Referring to their 13-9 defeat by the same opponents in the 2017 Six Nations, Jones said: "We've played 23 Tests, we've only lost one Test to the scummy Irish.

"I am still dirty about that game. We'll get that back, we'll get that back don't worry. We've got them next year at home, we'll get them back."

The video of Jones' talk was uploaded to YouTube by Fuso - the Japanese parent company of England sponsors Mitsubishi - in July last year but has only now gained wider public attention.

Earlier in the talk, Jones discussed Japan Under-20s losing to their Welsh counterparts 125-0 shortly after he took over as Brave Blossoms head coach in 2012.

"Who knows Wales? Are there any Welsh people here? So it's this little brad pitt place that has got three million people. Three million!" he said.

Ireland won this year's Six Nations with a game to spare and will complete a Grand Slam if they beat England on Saturday, which is St Patrick's Day.

England, winners of the two previous tournaments, could finish as low as fifth with defeat.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

The real reason he's not going back on public transport!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So Eddie Jones is a d-ckhead. Who knew. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:So Eddie Jones is a d-ckhead. Who knew. :D
Frankly I'm shocked, on behalf of you scummy bogtrotters I've decided to take offence. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a patch on that nice Mr Lancaster.

#FOH-JE
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

France: 15 Benjamin Fall, 14 Gael Fickou, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud (c), 12 Geoffrey Doumayrou, 11 Remy Grosso, 10 Francois Trinh-Duc, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 8 Marco Tauleigne, 7 Wenceslas Lauret, 6 Yacouba Camara, 5 Paul Gabrillagues, 4 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 3 Cedate Gomes Sa, 2 Adrien Pelissie, 1 Jefferson Poirot

16 Camille Chat, 17 Dany Priso, 18 Rabah Slimani, 19 Bernard Le Roux, 20 Mathieu Babillot, 21 Baptiste Couilloud, 22 Lionel Beauxis, 23 Geoffrey Palis

3 changes, most significantly their captain Guirado is out. The "Edinburgh 8" still frozen out. Jacques Brunel saying that they will be available for selection for the June tour of NZ.

Wales: Halfpenny; North, S Williams, Parkes, L Williams; Biggar, G Davies; R Evans, Owens, Francis, Hill, A W Jones (capt), Tipuric, Faletau, Navidi.

Dee, Smith, Lee, B Davies, Shingler, A Davies, Anscombe, S Evans.

Scotland: Hogg, Seymour H Jones, Grigg, Maitland, Russell, Laidlaw, Reid, Brown, Nel, J Gray, Swinson, Barclay (capt) Watson, Wilson.

McInally, Bhatti, Fagerson, R. Gray, Denton, Price, Horne, Kinghorn.

England: 15. Anthony Watson, 14 Jonny May, 13. Jonathan Joseph, 12, Ben Te'o, 11 Elliot Daly, 10. Owen Farrell, 9. Richard Wigglesworth; 1. Mako Vunipola, 2. Dylan Hartley (c), 3. Kyle Sinckler, 4. Maro Itoje,5 George Kruis, 6. Chris Robshaw, 7. James Haskell, 8 Sam Simmonds

16. Jamie George, 17 Joe Marler, 18. Dan Cole 19. Joe Launchbury, 20 Don Armand, 21. Danny Care, 22. George Ford, 23. Mike Brown
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Only change for Ireland is Henderson starts and Toner is on the bench.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well at least if we don't manage to win we have extra Ulstermen to blame. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

England have a more solid look now. Better pack, even with Hartley still there. Far better backline with their best, by a considerable distance, 10 now playing at 10.

So Ireland will require a top performance to grab that grand slam. However we can do it. Gwan Ireland.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Robshaw and Haskell are AIL.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Eddie has taken his Jap's eye off the ball.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Dave wrote:Robshaw and Haskell are AIL.
Give me Hayes and Irvine any day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Van der Westhuizen the touch judge in Eng v Ire this Sat has been replaced by Nigel Owens, after it was confirmed he reffed a training session in Camp Eddie this week.

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Neill_M wrote:Van der Westhuizen the touch judge in Eng v Ire this Sat has been replaced by Nigel Owens, after it was confirmed he reffed a training session in Camp Eddie this week.

Crazy they thought this was ok

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Neill_M wrote:Van der Westhuizen the touch judge in Eng v Ire this Sat has been replaced by Nigel Owens, after it was confirmed he reffed a training session in Camp Eddie this week.

I was watching Sky Sports News earlier, during a live Q&A with EJ and DH.
A journo asked the question about this being ethical, given how VdW had attended the England camp to give advice.
EJ appeared quite smug about this, saying that it was an IRB issue.
The IRB must have stepped in quite quickly to make this change.
We will just have to put up with NO getting his mug on the screen as often as he can :banghead: