Tom Court

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Tom Court

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Interesting article from J Bradley about TC https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 13820.html

HIs most telling quote about that day in Twickinghouse when Fattie Ross chickened out early: "But if you accept the responsibility of the jersey, you have to give it all you've got. I got offered to come off injured several times during the second half but I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I'd known I'd taken the cowardly option."

Clearly like me, he thinks Ross was a coward who came off for reputational reasons rather than injury. He's not wrong about the Mexican press either.

Got to love TC.

Nice work JB :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tom Court

Post by Dave »

I will forever despise that fat kunt
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:I will forever despise that fat kunt
Should have been taken out to Twickers car park and shot for cowardice.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Was known by the players as White Flag Ross after that match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It was a dark day for Irish rugby and made worse by the Dublin media who would have hammered Ross if he had been good enough to play for the Munster of the first decade of this century. He got away with it and Court was hammered instead.

That being said I think most of the sane Irish supporters knew at the time who was to blame.

Thankfully these days specimens such as Ross would not find a place in the Irish squad. The hope is that we continue to develop depth so we won't return to such a scenario in future.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Wasn’t he NEARLY as bad as the Hond when he first came over to us and then we farmed him out to someone like pertemps Bees (whoever they were?)? Maybe there is hope for the Hond yet.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:Wasn’t he NEARLY as bad as the Hond when he first came over to us and then we farmed him out to someone like pertemps Bees (whoever they were?)? Maybe there is hope for the Hond yet.
Think you are right Bart and with my slight knowledge of Lionels, I believe but am not certain that the Bees, clearly the poor man's Wasps, are housed in Birminghouse.

Of course, these days how TC played for Ireland is a matter of no interest to me, he was an utter stalwart for Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Mike Ross was a fat mess only on the pitch to hold up a corner of the scrum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mike Ross was a fat mess only on the pitch to hold up a corner of the scrum.

Doing that would be enough to be on the shortlist for Ulster player of the season.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tom Court is a quality bloke and was a damned good loosehead.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mike Ross was a fat mess only on the pitch to hold up a corner of the scrum.

Ireland lost a grand slam in 07 because they had an immobile tight head
Lost at home to scotland 2 years ago because of an immobile tight head

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

At least with Fattie Ross, you knew the only thing performance-enhancing thing he took was KFC, the Rodders diet.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Bart S wrote:Wasn’t he NEARLY as bad as the Hond when he first came over to us and then we farmed him out to someone like pertemps Bees (whoever they were?)? Maybe there is hope for the Hond yet.
Bit harsh. When Court arrived at Ulster, he'd only been a rugby player for about eighteen months. The Hond, on the other hand, has possibly never been a rugby player...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Think you are right Bart and with my slight knowledge of Lionels, I believe but am not certain that the Bees, clearly the poor man's Wasps, are housed in Birminghouse.

Of course, these days how TC played for Ireland is a matter of no interest to me, he was an utter stalwart for Ulster.
Formerly Birmingham Solihull
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk