November test matches

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: November test matches

Post by Shan »

againstthehead wrote:Wonderful, wonderful test match. I thought Barnes was very good. He allowed a contest and a contest is what we saw. High intensity, tough rugby. Ireland were quite simply immense. Never took a step backwards and Joe's decision to start with big Toner was a belter. Securing set-piece ball was key to laying the foundations along with a rock-solid defense. Players like Rigrose and Earls did the basics well whilst Stockdale provided that touch of class to get the all important try. It was a game of small margins as a game of World #1 V #2 should be. Exceptional coaching/management from the Irish set-up and exceptional execution and intensity from the team.

NZ will lick their wounds and will learn more from this defeat than 20 wins. Ireland will gain a belief that probably no other side in world rugby has - that they can beat the All Blacks. The World Cup is lining up to be something very very special.

South Africa beat NZ this year.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

Jockster wrote:7 points up against the best team in the world and Carbery is brought on with 3 mins 30 secs left.....explain.
Never beaten ABS at home before you keep your world class players on long as possible

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:Wonderful, wonderful test match. I thought Barnes was very good. He allowed a contest and a contest is what we saw. High intensity, tough rugby. Ireland were quite simply immense. Never took a step backwards and Joe's decision to start with big Toner was a belter. Securing set-piece ball was key to laying the foundations along with a rock-solid defense. Players like Rigrose and Earls did the basics well whilst Stockdale provided that touch of class to get the all important try. It was a game of small margins as a game of World #1 V #2 should be. Exceptional coaching/management from the Irish set-up and exceptional execution and intensity from the team.

NZ will lick their wounds and will learn more from this defeat than 20 wins. Ireland will gain a belief that probably no other side in world rugby has - that they can beat the All Blacks. The World Cup is lining up to be something very very special.
The winner of this weeks competition to see how many cliches you can fit in one post :roll:

That said, I*'ve been waiting for one of the clowns who were getting their excuses in early to come on and say what a good match he had. I've seldom seen a ref communicate better, maybe it stood out to me because the rugby was just biff and bash with nothing but effort to commend it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
War of attrition
Novice

BTW think Barrett did full game
Younger stronger
brad pitt like wee padfdy

War of attrition
Novice

Paddy too much lager

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Far too many posts on here off topic, or with personal abuse, so deleted or changed. Pls make my job easier as I don't and can't read everything, but I'd rather not have to keep making changes/deletions. It spoils the board for everyone else.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

My ears are still ringing and my face is still grinning. From the moment I got on a packed supporters train at Lisburn to the moment the final whistle blew will live long in my memory. Two groups of brilliant players who delivered a wonderful game in perfect conditions and I am blessed to say I was there. :D
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:Far too many posts on here off topic, or with personal abuse, so deleted or changed. Pls make my job easier as I don't and can't read everything, but I'd rather not have to keep making changes/deletions. It spoils the board for everyone else.
Well said Fermain.

The thread is about the November test matches, and (much as I like him) not Baggy and his one man mission to keep repeating himself about hating Bogtrotters and everything green.

BTW - well played to the entire Ireland squad, and especially our Ulstermen, born bread and buttered, or drawn into the clan from wherever. :red:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bogtrotters.

#FOFIRFUCs
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Bogtrotters.

#FOFIRFUCs
:lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
LOOK .... I know very well about Rory and Hendy, but look.... when the Lionel RFU were buggering players about, they acted as a team, said up with this we will not put, and they won every time. No country can sack an entire squad, not even NZ.

Are you suggesting we expect less from our players never mind those from the grey skies of the Irish Bogtrotter Republic?

Not good enough for me, shouldn't be for any Ulster person.
You know about Rory and Hendo now? You forgot about them earlier. Look Baggy, I'm not up for a game of goal post move aboutery. I don't remember vilifying players who didn't speak up being a thing before. The blame for this lies at the feet of the FIRFU and their lacky Shame Warren Gatland. I don't wish to dilute my hate for those entities by some erroneous subplot.

I support Ireland NOT the FIRFU. No D4 kunt will take away my past, present and future as an Irish rugby fan. I also won't have my not moving on-manship questioned by any person. I fully conscious my support for Ireland and have considered all the angles. I don't expect any further questions to be asked.

I thoroughly enjoyed the world class and home grown Ulsterman, Jacob Stockdale, eviscerate the might ABs tonight. I will be leaving this nonsense here.
I've known about Rory & Hendy as long as most I would think, however like Bart you are confusing private sentiment with public support. The entire Irish squad sat on their hands "publicly" and nobody questioned the decision. The end.
Neither did any of the Ulster squad. They were likely following advice. It isn't a reason to withdraw support for Ireland. I have supported them for a fair bit man and boy. I won't let any kunt in a suit take that away from me.

FIRFU
#bringourboyshome
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I enjoyed that game.

Re Barnes - why is he telling the NZ team when the ball is out on the Irish side?

For me it is an example of the way he coaches and lets infringements go. Another is the way he ignored infringements in the scrum provided the ball gets played.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:I enjoyed that game.

Re Barnes - why is he telling the NZ team when the ball is out on the Irish side?

For me it is an example of the way he coaches and lets infringements go. Another is the way he ignored infringements in the scrum provided the ball gets played.
Why does he insist on addressing all the players as "mate"?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I don't mind him letting play continue if the ball is at the back of the scrum. Makes for a better spectacle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not being one to go down a we are brill road because in every game mistakes will be made .

But there is no such thing as a bad All Black team . Every team needs a bit of luck to win a close game or a lack of luck to lose .

Stockdale got a nice bounce to run his try -- Having charged down Stockdale's kick Read had the misfortune to knock on . Covering back PoM reaches for a ball and had the good fortune to reach out and catch cleanly denying the ABs a try .
Heading for the line an AB off loads backwards to a chasing Kearney --

Small things but the difference between winning and losing -- they were not a bad New Zealand team just one whose luck ran out .

That said, there is the school of thought which says you make your own luck - and the game yesterday would support that idea .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist