Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: November test matches

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
WW I can only say, speak for yourself...which you clearly did, but I took not one iota of joy from that.

Seldom have I seen as poor a NZ team, the game was a top arm wrestle which I usually enjoy, but not today, a pretty boring game when the best team in the world are so easily subdued by a bunch of honest bogtrotters who deserved their win by being marginally less ordinary.

Doubtless several or a few of you will have been carried away and thought they were watching a modern classic. It was modest fare when you have no live for either team.

Lots of perspiration, very little creation from either side. Pretty crap for those of us who like seeing both teams beaten except when they play England.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Now Dave - That is what you call predictable. :D
Just like the dull 80 minutes of biff and bash and only a successful kick and chase to enliven it.

I'm glad for Rory, that apart, a joyless game to watch, defences all over attack and the blatant man if the match Peter O'Mahony, it amazes me that clowns watch a game but see nothing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

connachtfan wrote:I feck love Jim Neilly.
It's not an offence to be gay, you don't need to confess. Only in your parochial part of the shithole that is Ireland would a :flower: like you think you have to apologise for some man love.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
It's not an offence to be gay, you don't need to confess. Only in your parochial part of the shithole that is Ireland would a :flower: like you think you have to apologise for some man love.
Listen to me Baggy, It's not your fault!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I’m still angry at the FIRFU but you can’t help but get sucked in by these games.

Stockdale’s try was phenomenal and Peter O’Mahony is just a bloody warrior, that grab was something else.

Incredible to beat the AB’s on home soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The FIRFU are not Ireland. Ireland are the players. The FIRFU are just the clowns in suits.
Tell me Dave, which one of the players spoke out about what was done to Paddy & Wee Stu, remind me who that was.

Oh yeah, not one of them spoke out publicly, not Rory, not Hendy, not Peter O'Mahony and obviously not one Warren Gatland.

Fück Ireland.

#bringthemhome
#fücktheFIRFUCs
By that logic you would have to say feck Ulster.

Rory was prepared to be a character witness. That was always going to be counter productive, I'm afraid. Hendy is a best mate and has visited both players. He has had this on his social media account.

Not speaking out publically is better PR. It's not an arugment you can win with any counter narrative or words of consternation. You are dealing with emotionally driven behaviour and an illogical rabbling noise of non-specific disapproval. You can't shout that down. You know they will get bored when it stops trending on twitter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Emotionally drained after watching that, I just hope we can get to hang on to Joe post World Cup
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

connachtfan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
It's not an offence to be gay, you don't need to confess. Only in your parochial part of the shithole that is Ireland would a clown like you think you have to apologise for some man love.
Listen to me Baggy, It's not your fault!!

Nah, think I'd prefer to listen to whales than a >bud like you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I’m still angry at the FIRFU but you can’t help but get sucked in by these games.

Stockdale’s try was phenomenal and Peter O’Mahony is just a bloody warrior, that grab was something else.

The FIRFU are not Ireland. Ireland are the players. The FIRFU are just the clowns in suits.
Tell me Dave, which one of the players spoke out about what was done to Paddy & Wee Stu, remind me who that was.

Oh yeah, not one of them spoke out publicly, not Rory, not Hendy, not Peter O'Mahony and obviously not one Warren Gatland.

Fück Ireland.

#bringthemhome
#fücktheFIRFUCs

Rory was prepared to be a character witness. That was always going to be counter productive, I'm afraid. Hendy is a best mate and has visited both players. He has had this on his social media account.

Not speaking out publically is better PR. It's not an arugment you can win with any counter narrative or words of consternation. You are dealing with emotionally driven behaviour and an illogical rabbling noise of non-specific disapproval. You can't shout that down. You know they will get bored when it stops trending on twitter.
LOOK .... I know very well about Rory and Hendy, but look.... when the Lionel RFU were buggering players about, they acted as a team, said up with this we will not put, and they won every time. No country can sack an entire squad, not even NZ.

Are you suggesting we expect less from our players never mind those from the grey skies of the Irish Bogtrotter Republic?

Not good enough for me, shouldn't be for any Ulster person.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Hendy will be scrapping for a bench place with Beirne, as if Jo sticks with Best and Cronin then neither can be relied upon to deliver at lineout time without Big Dev there.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Fück Ireland.

#bringthemhome
#fücktheFIRFUCs

LOOK .... I know very well about Rory and Hendy, but look.... when the Lionel RFU were buggering players about, they acted as a team, said up with this we will not put, and they won every time. No country can sack an entire squad, not even NZ.

Are you suggesting we expect less from our players never mind those from the grey skies of the Irish Bogtrotter Republic?

Who knows what conversations went on between PJ/Olding and the ulster players in relation to this. If the decision was made and cnsidered final then Best and Hendy would have had a lot more to lose by making a protest than the IRFU would have had to lose. Would PJ and Olding have wanted that or maybe even actively discouraged that?

It doesn’t appear as though any strong friendships have been broken on the back of this, so I certainly don’t feel in a position to criticise players without knowing what has been discussed between them.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Emotionally drained after watching that, I just hope we can get to hang on to Joe post World Cup
Sad, attention seeker, hanging around the Irish international thread repeating the same tired old tom kite on the night of Ireland's greatest victory ever. It's all about you baggy as usual. Know your type, every bar has one.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote: Who knows what conversations went on between PJ/Olding and the ulster players in relation to this. If the decision was made and cnsidered final then Best and Hendy would have had a lot more to lose by making a protest than the IRFU would have had to lose. Would PJ and Olding have wanted that or maybe even actively discouraged that?

It doesn’t appear as though any strong friendships have been broken on the back of this, so I certainly don’t feel in a position to criticise players without knowing what has been discussed between them.
Bart, what about "public support" do you not understand? You can make whatever supposition you like about other things, the fact is that not one Irish player spoke to support them before or after the FIRFUCs sacked them and that sanctimonious fück Spring mocked them whilst stabbing them in the back, side and face.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

You know about Rory and Hendo now? You forgot about them earlier. Look Baggy, I'm not up for a game of goal post move aboutery. I don't remember vilifying players who didn't speak up being a thing before. The blame for this lies at the feet of the FIRFU and their lacky Shame Warren Gatland. I don't wish to dilute my hate for those entities by some erroneous subplot.

I support Ireland NOT the FIRFU. No D4 kunt will take away my past, present and future as an Irish rugby fan. I also won't have my not moving on-manship questioned by any person. I fully conscious my support for Ireland and have considered all the angles. I don't expect any further questions to be asked.

I thoroughly enjoyed the world class and home grown Ulsterman, Jacob Stockdale, eviscerate the might ABs tonight. I will be leaving this nonsense here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

You know about Rory and Hendo now? You forgot about them earlier. Look Baggy, I'm not up for a game of goal post move aboutery. I don't remember vilifying players who didn't speak up being a thing before. The blame for this lies at the feet of the FIRFU and their lacky Shame Warren Gatland. I don't wish to dilute my hate for those entities by some erroneous subplot.

I support Ireland NOT the FIRFU. No D4 kunt will take away my past, present and future as an Irish rugby fan. I also won't have my not moving on-manship questioned by any person. I fully conscious my support for Ireland and have considered all the angles. I don't expect any further questions to be asked.

I thoroughly enjoyed the world class and home grown Ulsterman, Jacob Stockdale, eviscerate the might ABs tonight. I will be leaving this nonsense here.
I've known about Rory & Hendy as long as most I would think, however like Bart you are confusing private sentiment with public support. The entire Irish squad sat on their hands "publicly" and nobody questioned the decision. The end.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

This from the NZ Herald. Pity they didn't consult Baggy as they may have realised it was just one average team beating another.
Ireland can now claim to be the best team in the world after producing a stunning performance that was brave, creative and relentless.

They deserved the win and with it, they deserve to be seen as world rugby's best team even if the rankings don't agree.

They were unbreakable. They were so resolute that you have to wonder what was in each and every one of heir engines.

It will be a long, long time before we witness a performance that brave. They were the better team. They had an answer to everything the All Blacks threw at them and they never panicked, never looked overawed by the occasion.

As for the All Blacks, they were almost as good and that is something that will hurt. The word almost. It's not normally there but the truth of things at the moment is that Ireland versus New Zealand is the great rivalry of the modern age.

And maybe, just maybe, Ireland having won two of the last three can say they are edging it.

They kept New Zealand try-less and that's something in itself that speaks to their quality. And talking of quality, it has to be acknowledged that this was the game of the season – a brilliant frenetic test, drive to an emotional frenzy by an atmosphere that was electric.

What made it so special was the commitment. It's rare indeed to see two teams give such compelling defensive performances in the same game.

Both flirted with being offside, but probably kept it just about legal for just about long enough and between them they barely missed a tackle. And when they did, their respective scrambling was so effective that whatever half chance had opened, disappeared with similar haste.

The quality of the defence was partly forced by the quality of the attack as both teams moved at incredible pace and with definite purpose bobbing about, bustling here, there and everywhere frantically looking for a hole to open or some space to make itself known.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Wonderful, wonderful test match. I thought Barnes was very good. He allowed a contest and a contest is what we saw. High intensity, tough rugby. Ireland were quite simply immense. Never took a step backwards and Joe's decision to start with big Toner was a belter. Securing set-piece ball was key to laying the foundations along with a rock-solid defense. Players like Rigrose and Earls did the basics well whilst Stockdale provided that touch of class to get the all important try. It was a game of small margins as a game of World #1 V #2 should be. Exceptional coaching/management from the Irish set-up and exceptional execution and intensity from the team.

NZ will lick their wounds and will learn more from this defeat than 20 wins. Ireland will gain a belief that probably no other side in world rugby has - that they can beat the All Blacks. The World Cup is lining up to be something very very special.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'