Will he stay or will he go?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Will he stay or will he go?

Post by Bart S »

Reckon he will go. He has delivered a Grand Slam, taken Irish rugby to the highest level it has ever been on the world stage and beaten the AB’s twice plus won a couple of championships. Only thing left to be judged on is the world cup and he is staying for that anyway. Anything less than a SF will be viewed as a real failure, although given the draw (QF against SA or the AB’s) a quarter final defeat may be more likely than a semi final one.

Anyway, next world cup is in 4 years so even if ireland fail at this one i can’t see him hanging around that long.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

He has the same number of grand slams as the great Declan Kidney. Nothing special. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

True -- but Kidney had the BoD the God on his side and failed to beat the ABs -- Joe has Twice
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Feck me, the worlds going to end apparently because Joe leaves, is it feck!

He a part of the sum, but he's not the only part. Players, management structures, provinces.....

Academys all over Ireland are starting to produce, Leinsters is ridiculous at present, even our own is showing the most positive signs it has in the professional era.

Since Joe sent the clown north to ourselves Farrell has solidified the Irish defence beyond recognition.... what had this to do with Schmidt.

Like or loathe the IRFU the foundations are in place for this success to continue for a very long time.

Does any dim witted fool thing Ireland cannot attract a new national coach of Schmidts ability?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Feck me, the worlds going end end because Joe leaves, is it feck!

He a part of the sum, but he's not the only part.

Academys all over Ireland are starting to produce, Leinsters is ridiculous at present, even our own is showing the most positive signs it has in the professional era.

Like or loathe the IRFU the foundations are in place for this success to continue for a very long time.

Does any dim witted fool thing Ireland cannot attract a new national coach of Schmidts ability?
I'm sure when Kenny Dalglish left the job in 1991 many thought that any dim witted fool of a manager could win the title with Liverpool.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... nals-rugby
Ireland thrashed the United States 57-14 in Dublin on Saturday to complete a second-straight autumn series clean sweep, with Schmidt afterwards admitting he is very nearly ready to confirm his long-term future plans.

“I’m just incredibly lucky to have the IRFU (Irish Rugby Football Union) with the patience they have,” said Ireland boss Schmidt.

“I’ve committed to a certain time-frame with them and I’ve stuck to that.

“I’ve given them an indication and I just need to talk to people tomorrow and that will be made public early next week.

“It might be frustrating for you guys but it’s really wrecking my head.

“They’ve said, ‘don’t be rash, if you change your mind we’d love to continue that conversation or if you change your mind another way let’s talk about that’.

“They’ve set out about five different scenarios and have been great with me.

“I’m a small cog in a machine.”
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wendyball expert, ban him. >EW

On mature reflection, I care not if Josef stays or goes. Nucifora is an entirely different kettle of budgies, I hope he dies imminently. He is a malign presence who delights in saying no to Ulster, a reverse Paisley if you will. Could anyone tell me when he last said yes to an Ulster request?

You cannot have failed to notice a dark satanic look about his miserable pelt and scowling presence. I believe him to be not if this world, the antiUlsterChrist incarnate.

#driveastakethroughhisblackheart.

To be sure to be sure, faith and begorrah my Lidl Bogtrotting chums.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

WeeWorld wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Feck me, the worlds going end end because Joe leaves, is it feck!

He a part of the sum, but he's not the only part.

I'm sure when Kenny Dalglish left the job in 1991 many thought that any dim witted fool of a manager could win the title with Liverpool.
Kenny Dalglish? Liverpool? WTAF :roll:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

yer too young to understand .

But the Rules changed and Liverpool got caught
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Feck me, the worlds going to end apparently because Joe leaves, is it feck!

He a part of the sum, but he's not the only part. Players, management structures, provinces.....

Since Joe sent the clown north to ourselves Farrell has solidified the Irish defence beyond recognition.... what had this to do with Schmidt.

Agreed. He's not the be all and end all. A fantastic coach yes but he has the best irish squad ever. Having said that, Joe probably knows that post Sexton there is a massive hole in the team. With Paddy they had a replacement in which Joe had really invested a lot of time and effort into. Joe will cite family reasons but the FIRFUC must now see what a mistake it was to sack Paddy and Stu. Now they have lost Joe, too.

After yesterday, everyone can see why Leinster picked Byrne over Carbery.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Feck me, the worlds going to end apparently because Joe leaves, is it feck!

Agreed. He's not the be all and end all. A fantastic coach yes but he has the best irish squad ever. Having said that, Joe probably knows that post Sexton there is a massive hole in the team. With Paddy they had a replacement in which Joe had really invested a lot of time and effort into. Joe will cite family reasons but the FIRFUC must now see what a mistake it was to sack Paddy and Stu. Now they have lost Joe, too.

Brilliant can't stop laughing

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

War of attrition wrote:
Dave wrote:

Brilliant can't stop laughing

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Try putting a pillow over your own face. Ask a friend to hold it down for about 3 minutes. Should work.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

He also has two shared titles which are credited to Paddybastardland by virtue of points difference. Points difference FFFS. :duh: Bullshit. They were as good as England & Wales in those years, not one iota better, champions my reeking clunge.

Luckiest grand slam ever, fluke DG by Sexton from th'ee miles against a French team who deserved victory, DG crept about 3 cms over the bar, Mexicanbastard. I watched it in the clubhouse in Armagh, every other cu'nt was cockahoop, this cu'nt was gutted. I knew nothing good would come of it. I was right, lepreseanbastards.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He has just been awarded coach of the year by some people.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

you don't need a good general - just a lucky one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk