Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Japan RWC

Post by shamalicious »

Looks like we're losing Jordi. Conan out of the WC with a fractured foot.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am Looks like we're losing Jordi. Conan out of the WC with a fractured foot.
The way things are going he won't be gone for long :😆
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:45 am Wee Joey >seeya And Paddy Jackson laughing spreads his wings.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One dimensional rubbish by guys who would eat themselves if they were chocolate.
Shocking performance from a poorly coached set of backs as blunt as a turnip. Best strike runner sees the ball twice in the whole game. Every ball moved to Keet.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice inclusiveness at the start.. the Tricolour and the old Ulster provincial fleg.. now I thought Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal fell under the jurisdiction of the former?... obvious the NI flag offends some.
NI doezn1 have a fleg
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:45 am Wee Joey >seeya And Paddy Jackson laughing spreads his wings.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One dimensional rubbish by guys who would eat themselves if they were chocolate.
Shocking performance from a poorly coached set of backs as blunt as a turnip. Best strike runner sees the ball twice in the whole game. Every ball moved to Keet.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice inclusiveness at the start.. the Tricolour and the old Ulster provincial fleg.. now I thought Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal fell under the jurisdiction of the former?... obvious the NI flag offends some.
NI doezn1 have a fleg
"Banner" thats recognised by both Athletics and football?... Strangely dropped in 73. I would suggest the Union flag may be more offensive to those who seek to be triggered. But my point remains.
Exterminate all rational thought
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:58 am
big mervyn wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 am

NI doezn1 have a fleg
"Banner" thats recognised by both Athletics and football?... Strangely dropped in 73. I would suggest the Union flag may be more offensive to those who seek to be triggered. But my point remains.

IRFU flag should be used. I agree that the flags used are not appropriate.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

So, number one team in the world? Which world are we talking about? That was grim.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Any thoughts on ITV's coverage of the World Cup? Most seems fine to me, the usual stuff, but I do like the wee 'teaching sessions' talking through thefiner points of the game and illustrating them with walk throughs in a tea house.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

For me it was more Scotland’s very poor performance than Ireland being world beaters that I took from the first game. All credit to Japan for playing all the rugby anything less than a win would have been a travesty and Ireland simply had no plan B.

CI.... I questioned at the Scotland game when had the Irish Rugby team reverted back to playing under the tricolour and the provincial Ulster flag from what I had assumed had been the IfRU flag. Small point that wouldn’t bother most but for me it wrangles but then it will be me that is the bigot for daring to even raise it.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cockatrice wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:44 pm For me it was more Scotland’s very poor performance than Ireland being world beaters that I took from the first game. All credit to Japan for playing all the rugby anything less than a win would have been a travesty and Ireland simply had no plan B.

CI.... I questioned at the Scotland game when had the Irish Rugby team reverted back to playing under the tricolour and the provincial Ulster flag from what I had assumed had been the IfRU flag. Small point that wouldn’t bother most but for me it wrangles but then it will be me that is the bigot for daring to even raise it.
Maybe its a Brexit statement to put it up the "Brits". D4 hypocrisy: it should bother people. Shoulder to shoulder and all that :roll: balance or IRFU flag only imo.
Exterminate all rational thought
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

After the PJ stuff it was apparent there was one rule for the Southerners and one for the Nordies
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I don't agree that Ireland were terrible/awful.
Yes they did make stupid errors in the second half like the Stander/Farrell accidental offside that led to the Japanese try. Japan were brilliant and played out of their skins. We must give them some credit.
The fact is though that Japan have been here before beating SA and then losing to Scotland. I don't think that will happen but it might. However, today was fantastic for the tournament.

Unless Ireland do something really stupid they should pick up 10 points from Russia and Samoa. They then finish either 1st or 2nd, probably 2nd.
The last game of the group on Sunday 13th between Scotland and Japan should be a cracker.

The real significance of today was that we probably will end up playing the ABs in the quarters. As we all know, Ireland, down through history, never ever beat the ABs, right?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I assure you, Ireland were brutal today.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Let's give Japan some credit. They were very aggressive and well organised.
There can be only one
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Let’s give Ireland some credit, they were wonderfully Shiite.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

#FOFIRFU-BOI
#FREETHEULSTER3
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm I don't agree that Ireland were terrible/awful.
Yes they did make stupid errors in the second half like the Stander/Farrell accidental offside that led to the Japanese try. Japan were brilliant and played out of their skins. We must give them some credit.
The fact is though that Japan have been here before beating SA and then losing to Scotland. I don't think that will happen but it might. However, today was fantastic for the tournament.

Unless Ireland do something really stupid they should pick up 10 points from Russia and Samoa. They then finish either 1st or 2nd, probably 2nd.
The last game of the group on Sunday 13th between Scotland and Japan should be a cracker.

The real significance of today was that we probably will end up playing the ABs in the quarters. As we all know, Ireland, down through history, never ever beat the ABs, right?
You're dreaming. Ireland were totally gash. No intensity, lost all the collisions, set-piece just about held up against a tier 2 nation. Devoid of any attacking threat apart from kicking the ball. Yes, Japan were excellent but Ireland showed pretty much nothing of substance for 80 mins. The style of rugby was just so dull and predictable. Japan could have and possibly should have won by 10 points plus. Sexton and Aki will of course make a massive difference but nevertheless that was shameful but not the first time Ireland have been appalling at a world cup.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'