Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Japan RWC

Post by Dublin4 »

for 80 minutes?
We led until the 58th minute.

Of course we were not good but they were really excellent in humid conditions with a home crowd behind them.
Last week you were in ecstasy over the win against Scotland. Today you are in despair.
The truth is in the middle.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm I don't agree that Ireland were terrible/awful.
Yes they did make stupid errors in the second half like the Stander/Farrell accidental offside that led to the Japanese try. Japan were brilliant and played out of their skins. We must give them some credit.
The fact is though that Japan have been here before beating SA and then losing to Scotland. I don't think that will happen but it might. However, today was fantastic for the tournament.

Unless Ireland do something really stupid they should pick up 10 points from Russia and Samoa. They then finish either 1st or 2nd, probably 2nd.
The last game of the group on Sunday 13th between Scotland and Japan should be a cracker.

The real significance of today was that we probably will end up playing the ABs in the quarters. As we all know, Ireland, down through history, never ever beat the ABs, right?
Ireland don't get past the quarter finals either.

There maybe is a one off performance lurking deep within this Ireland team but that is a hark back to the 90s really, where we could give it a good lash on a one off occasion against superior opposition.
The reality however is they aren't as good as Japan.
Ireland were beaten by them in every facet of play.

Scotland played unbelievably in the first game in the sense that it was like they had never seen Ireland play before when there are pigmies in the Congo basin who have worked out Ireland's game plan.
By contrast Japan knew Ireland would kick the ball away and decided they would keep it and starve Ireland of possesion thus keeping them constantly defending and ball starved out of the game.
Ireland tactically looked archaic but by contrast the Japanese were playing a modern quick intense 15 man game.

All the ridiculous excuses were trotted out from the wingeing Irish pundits who blamed the weather, the ref Hendy and anything to the extent that I thought Brexit was going to be called into account.
Everything blamed that is but the main culperate namely Joe Schmidt who remains exempt, inspiring misplaced Colonel Kurtz type loyalty in his former deluded disciples.
It's ironic that the Japanese played with a certain familiarity that reminded one of the great Leinster sides he coached.
POC stated before the game that Schmidt would know the name of every Japanese player and how they played.
Schmidts famous attention to detail is irrelevant if he is setting his side out to play the same way every time regardless, with Haig like mentality.

My hatred of the Ireland set up is well documented on here however this was more importantly a victory for rugby.

Where's it all gone wrong for Ireland?
Maybe they should ask the twitter trolls or their sponsors as they seem to have such a fecken say in it!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

There seem to be two Irelands. One plays vith vigour, flair and accuracy. That was the one that started this morning. Then the other Ireland took over, the one. that can be bullied and goes into a shell and plays by numbers. Like everyone else, I guess we'll win both remaining games. A third win against the ABs? I suppose it's possible.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Frank — there could be some blame to be lates a Joe ‘s door but it is a mental effect in reverse .

Ireland were two trys up and hit by a couple of penalties - and start to freeze in the starting blocks handing the initiative to Japan .

The one thing Joe would preach is don’t give away stupid penalties — if you get a couple of calls against you - and your in the frame of mind - you start to change your approach and the team is in trouble — Ireland didn’t trust the ref before the match started and it turned into a self profiling prophecy .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Without Sexton instructing and calling the plays Ireland are rubbish.

We all know that the best replacement for Sexton was, and is, Paddy Jackson.

Whenever Nucifora and Schmidt got rid of Paddy I hoped we would be able to see their mistake if Sexton was injured - today, I am pleased to say, we saw it. Ireland did not deserve any better. The way the Ulster players were treated a couple of years ago was a disgrace of the highest standard.

As well as Ulster losing lots of season ticket holders Ireland are losing matches.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I doubt if those two had even a vote or a say in Paddy’s exile — I have always considered it was first and foremost an Ulster foulup initially .

But Irish woman hood wanted to make the lying tart with a mouth like a sewer and the sexual habits of a ****e a national role model and heroine —
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

In what World was it initially an Ulster foulup? If you don’t think Schit’s was asked his opinion re the Ulstermen’s sacking, you weren’t paying attention at the time.

I loved every minute of Japan’s win today and I hope there’ll be further embarrassment for the FIRFUC’s team. One dimensional gameplay versus a team prepared to play Rugby and Schit’s team had no answers. Wee Joey isn’t good enough to clean Paddy Jackson’s boots.
I’m still laughing my Max Walls off thinking about that pathetic performance by the World’s No.2 team .
Number two’s always stink.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Logan should have stood by Paddy announced a suspension of 6 weeks saying that had already been suspended from the date of being charged for a crime they had not committed — he allowed the sister hood to take over instead of taking the wind out of their sails .

Pointing out that Paddy’s input to the text messages was minimal .
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:39 pm for 80 minutes?
We led until the 58th minute.

Of course we were not good but they were really excellent in humid conditions with a home crowd behind them.
Last week you were in ecstasy over the win against Scotland. Today you are in despair.
The truth is in the middle.
Haha good luck with finding any posts where I was ecstatic about Ireland beating scotland.... Ireland will now have to play the reserves against a well rested russia. Now russia are pretty crap but Ireland will feel the pressure if things dont go their way early on.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

solidarity wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:13 pm There seem to be two Irelands. One plays vith vigour, flair and accuracy. That was the one that started this morning. Then the other Ireland took over, the one. that can be bullied and goes into a shell and plays by numbers. Like everyone else, I guess we'll win both remaining games. A third win against the ABs? I suppose it's possible.
The two Irelands being before the they tossed the two Ulster players on the scrap heap and after.
Ireland are so utterly reliant on an aging Sexton now as they've built a side around him.
No decent team will allow Sexton to dominate as he used to.
Wrap arounds, box kicks jump catch drive, yep that's about it from Ireland.
Psst don't tell anyone ffs!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

The word for the weekend, Sesame Street style, is Schadenfreude :red:
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:23 am Logan should have stood by Paddy announced a suspension of 6 weeks saying that had already been suspended from the date of being charged for a crime they had not committed — he allowed the sister hood to take over instead of taking the wind out of their sails .

Pointing out that Paddy’s input to the text messages was minimal .
Spot on Rum.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Agree with Rum too, unless Logan was instructed from Dublin on what to do then it is all on Logan.

As for Ireland obviously very poor, lacking dynamism and much of a clue especially in the second half. Thought all of our front row subs were better than the starters, Beirne more effective than Hendo. In the backs when Carberry came on he was simply awful, putting more pressure on those who he passed to and too jittery rather than running in a simple way that allows the outside backs to support. Strangely we were trying to soften them up in the forwards to give us an overlap in the backs but were achieving literally the opposite, them having a full compliment of backs and us short a few. Weird!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watched the first half again -- as soon as Japan got into the Irish half they were awarded a penalty

at least 2 out of 4 were unreasonable calls-- a failure to roll away and the one against Murray.

The referee had previous against Ireland and as I have stated the forwards were in fear of him and stopped playing in the second half .

Carberry the less said the better -- Carty at least had a good twenty minutes before he mentally went to sleep for lack of a swift service because the Irish forwards failed to contest the ruck.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

twiglet wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:57 pm Without Sexton instructing and calling the plays Ireland are rubbish.

We all know that the best replacement for Sexton was, and is, Paddy Jackson.

Whenever Nucifora and Schmidt got rid of Paddy I hoped we would be able to see their mistake if Sexton was injured - today, I am pleased to say, we saw it. Ireland did not deserve any better. The way the Ulster players were treated a couple of years ago was a disgrace of the highest standard.

As well as Ulster losing lots of season ticket holders Ireland are losing matches.
Nucifora and Schmidt didn’t get rid of PJ. Vodafone, BOI and Philip Browne in that order showed him the red card.
Browne succumbed to the pressure of two sponsors, both managed by angelic females.