6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6N 2020

Post by justinr73 »

Yes, Stander's carrying.

He's made 95 more carries this season than any other backrow in the squad (Deegan is second).
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Stander typically carries directly into contact and these days doesn't make many metres. Indeed in recent games he seems to lose ground when carrying. Would be interesting to see the metres gained stats for his carries. However whatever about facts or perceived facts I also suspect AF will name Stander at 6. Leaving out POM, while justifiable and a decision I'd possibly take myself, is going to have an impact not just at lineout time but also at the breakdown. We don't have an out and out openside and Stander isn't known for groundwork.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 am Yes, Stander's carrying.

He's made 95 more carries this season than any other backrow in the squad (Deegan is second).
What Shan said.
In addition Stander takes the ball static where he used to be much more dynamic. He's getting no return for all those carries and that's why Deegan should start at 8 with POM, who is a better all round player, at 6. If POM fails to deliver I'd replace him with Doris for the rest of the tournament.
There can be only one
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

1.8m per carry for Stander.

POM beats Stander by 8 turnovers to 4.

Deegan has the lowest tackle success rate and no turnovers.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Murray and Sexton again. Words fail me!
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

It’s a question of balance & preference.

If toner is selected to assist the new hookers at the lineout, then You really need a 2nd carrier in the back row, as the pack overall will be short. VdF Pom stander was a bad combo, lightweight, and only stander carried - and he was expected every time by the opposition. Effectively he was setting up for a 1 metre tight carry ruck.
I’m not a massive fan, but I expect an improvement if he is teamed with Doris & shifted to 6, with carries a little further out. I can’t imagine AF going with a backrow with VdF having the most experience.
I’d rather have stander than POM, and if Leavy regains fitness for next season, he’s nailed on in my side.
Ritchie & Watson will be a pain in the Brennan at ruck time. Yes Pom gets big turn overs, but he gives pens away too. No way Pom & stander on pitch at same time for me time for gradual change. IH in 2nd row may help POm with selection re lineout assist, & less need to carry.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Kinsella seems to think it’s Stander, VDF and Doris.

Herring, Hendy, Addison, Stockdale but no Cooney....
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

The team is allegedly:
Healy Herring Furlong
Henderson Ryan
VDF Doris Stander
Murray Sexton Henshaw Ringrose
Stockdale Addison Larmour/Conway

Subs: Kilcoyne Kelleher Porter Dillane Deegan Cooney Byrne Conway/Larmour
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Murray. 😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

If JL is fit to play I’d be surprised if he’s on the wing. He is now the Lein 1st choice 15, has he actually played wing in last 3 mths?
Frankly I’d think it a waste personally. I’d want him on the ball in space with his electric footwork & low centre of gravity, as much as possible. I’d be telling GR to pull his finger out too, betweeen him & RK the wingers have had feck all ball for 6 mths.
If the wingers are given licence to feed off JL we could open things up nicely.

I’m a big fan of WA, but JL has that X factor, I want to see if he can do it at the top table....and I think he can.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Are we all obliged to use this schoolboy code?
Does spelling people's names out in full take so long in these busy people's lives?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

At least initials give a clue its the t-ats who use nicknames nobody has heard before who get me.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

If Murray is indeed selceted 9, it's disappointing for Cooney and also it could indicate we will be seeing the same turgid shyte witnessed for the last 12 months. More box kicks and static ball carrying.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Poor stuff not selecting Cooney. He can't do more than be the best 9 in Ireland for the last year at least.

Waste of time putting Larmour on the wing. Wingers will be spending most of the day chasing after poor kicks from Murray and trying to turn it into something positive. Conway is the best in Ireland at doing that and Stockdale is well used to it. Then again it may be a waste having Larmour at 15 too if we have no plan to give him any ball.

P!ssed off at the thoughts of another game where our primary plan is to give away possession.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Still all speculation of course. Maybe we're in for a bright new world. Surely there could be no better time to try something different. Even if it falls apart, we aren't going to get hammered by the Scots. Is it worth looking at this 6N as a 'learning experience' where winning or losing isn't everything but looking to the future is?