6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:47 pm Wayne reffed today’s game from the touchline.
He did his best. The ref was incredibly weak.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Agreed.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm The red card was harsh. MT would have been expecting North to be heading for the corner but the tackle took him inside.
That explains the lack of any arms in the tackle then. :roll:
It was a stonewall red, by the letter and the spirit of the law.
Spare me the mock outrage Snipe.

Was it as bad as the French red or even the French yellow?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Who gives a flying f*ck about the 6 nations now anyway! The GS is dead and nobody remembers the Champions if they don't achieve it. It'll probably be decided on points difference in October now :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

I have always felt welcome here and like it not ya might just be stuck with me lol...…………………………….only sad thing is I cannot see the Tigers in the sooper doper cup next year, so we won't be crossing swords on the pitch any time soon.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

International rugby really is a crock of shyt these days. Most tier one teams have up to a third of carpetbaggers. Whats the fecking point?

The punch actually made me quite nostalgic, We should be applauding his attempt to instill some old school traditional values.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Both referees were weak -- the New Zealander being a New Zealander saw nothing wrong about the targeting of Bigger with a double" no arms" hits never mind the sorry its a red .

Marler thinks a dicky feel is just a joke -- sorry son its a its weakest "a red rag " wind up seeking retaliation gamesmanship and unsporting conduct -- Ok he didn't press the family grapes into the best wine or leave the guy counting them --but it is provocation.

To day the first tip tackle was a red never mind the second -- the second was in my book less deserving in some respects in so far as both players were standing up and could defend themselves a thing lacking in the first tip tackle.

It is the inability to define the allowable and and unallowable dark arts which makes scrum time such a time waste -- because referees haven't a clue -- if your scrum is going forward you get the penalty despite the fact the only reason its going forward is because your breaking the laws . and then props team mates start the wind up congratulating him for cheating and winning a penalty -- a penalty is something which should not be based on being won by Foul play and definitely not something worthy of congratulations and wind -up celebration .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:51 pm I have always felt welcome here and like it not ya might just be stuck with me lol...…………………………….only sad thing is I cannot see the Tigers in the sooper doper cup next year, so we won't be crossing swords on the pitch any time soon.
Joe Marler may be up for some sword crossing if you like. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:25 pm Who gives a flying f*ck about the 6 nations now anyway! The GS is dead and nobody remembers the Champions if they don't achieve it. It'll probably be decided on points difference in October now :roll:
The unions care Mervyn. GS is for fans and players. Championships and high table positions is for unions and especially union money men.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

For those that thought Marler's tickling was just a harmless joke, consider this - if he did that in any other workplace or any other place for that matter, he would find himself on a sexual assault charge and upon conviction (it was caught on TV after all), signing the sex offender's register, and sacked from his job. Simple as that.

For those who disagree, the former First Minister for Scotland might be glad if you were to be part of the jury in his forthcoming trial. :roll:

I have no time for AWJ, but what Marler was doing looking to provoke AWJ into a reaction that would get him sent off. He should himself have been sent off. I hope the citing commissioner does his duty.

As for MT, it matters not whether it was better or worse than other events that did or did not get red cards at the weekend, it was a shoulder charge to the head, so by the laws of the game, a red card. The fact that Eddie Jones said that when a player is going for the line that low, "the only way to stop him is by a shoulder charge" (quote may not be exactly verbatim, but it's close enough), just shows him up to be the complete moron he is. As England coach, he needs to be brought to account both for that comment and his "16 man" one. The RFU should at least publicly censure him for those comments, and 6N Disciplinary wotsits should be charging him with bringing the game into disrepute (or whatever World Rugby equivalent is these days).
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Basically I was taught below the waist shoulder first and wrap above the waste arms first .If a wing was close to touch a b---dy good shove with maximum force was usually sufficient to put the man in touch.

Although a player going low it is very difficult to not be close to head high -- for me it was the fact he was actually hitting late and high the a degree of mal- intent as were many of the English hits in both ruck and maul --shoulder first if we can't shift them we'll bruise them charges at an opponent -- not a case of joining a ruck or maul to push or bind unto a teammate-- more a charge at a ruck to harm an opponent.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Manu should have a yellow at worst, slow motion shouldn't be used, but actually in this case it clearly showed his shoulder hit Norths shoulder, not his head. To be honest if George North is so delicate that some are screaming it could have ended his career, the lad should not be picked, he seems to an accident waiting to happen. I had to retire due to a knee injury, even at the level I played at, the coach said he wouldn't pick me as he didn't want me doing any more damage to myself by risking injury, the Welsh management seem to be lacking in a duty of care in Norths case.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:48 pm Manu should have a yellow at worst, slow motion shouldn't be used, but actually in this case it clearly showed his shoulder hit Norths shoulder, not his head. To be honest if George North is so delicate that some are screaming it could have ended his career, the lad should not be picked, he seems to an accident waiting to happen. I had to retire due to a knee injury, even at the level I played at, the coach said he wouldn't pick me as he didn't want me doing any more damage to myself by risking injury, the Welsh management seem to be lacking in a duty of care in Norths case.
I dislike this whole notion in rugby at the moment about point of contact and this example highlights the issue. In MT case he was completely out of control going for a hit rather than a tackle. He had no way of adjusting and appeared at the last second to turn his head away, probably in self protection so could not see where he was going to make contact. This means that the point of contact in this hit was completely by luck rather than judgement and the choice between yellow and red in incidents like this should not come down to luck.

Its the same situation when a player is taken out in the air, if a player is "tackled" or "hit" in the air deliberately then it should not matter if they land on their head or back. It should be red card no matter how they land as again it is purely luck how they land unless the tackler has kept hold of them. I once saw a player hit in the air and they spun over 180 degrees and landed on their back, so a yellow card was given.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

A few years ago what Manu did would have been a brilliant tackle, but if they're trying to crack down on the rugby league style shoulder charges I understand why he got it. In my view, mitigation for North's height should only be relevant if MT would have ever been tackling legally and that isn't the case.

The current vogue term of a 'dominant' tackle is a bit of a problem for world rugby; 'proper' tackling technique is never going to knock someone back like a shoulder hit is, so when they get a chance players are almost invariably leading with the shoulder and trying to wrap afterwards. Most games have a number of hits like the one Tuilagi put in and at it seems to me that referees only show interest when a player looks to have been hurt as a consequence.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:20 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm The red card was harsh. MT would have been expecting North to be heading for the corner but the tackle took him inside.
That explains the lack of any arms in the tackle then. :roll:
It was a stonewall red, by the letter and the spirit of the law.
Spare me the mock outrage Snipe.
Nothing mock about it. It was a disgraceful action.
Was it as bad as the French red or even the French yellow?
Yes and yes.
Tuilagi's was a cheap shot delivered to a defenceless player who has had a series of head traumas. He lowered his arm and led with his shoulder.
At least Haouas was man enough to stand up and blatantly take a swing. He may have been monumentally stupid and deserved his red card but he can at least blame the red mist.