6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Bobbievee »

Hapax Legomenon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:43 pm Stander just took 2019 off. Normal physical service resumed today.
Scotland turned the game into an arm wrestle as they often do. They slowed everything down and took advantage of laissez faire refereeing at the breakdown.
Agree. Every breakdown had a Scottish player "trying" to get back to his own side. And of course once they realised that the referee was lenient on this, they persisted with the inevitable slowing of the ball. Incompetent refereeing.

Hogg "try"-------booooootiful!
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

First match, nervy start as often with newish outfits. Game quality to improve over the coming weeks. Fair win for Ireland. Good start for Scotland's new 10. Now Andy F get stuck in on Monday.

Gregor T you showed admirable restraint with that wee sh####hawk Russell.

All the best from syncopated bass-players' heaven.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

France smashing the orcs, it's glorious
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Fun fun fun!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :D :D
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Even sweeter is the completely balanced and impartial BBC panel crying about the French 2nd try. Think Guscott is going to have a word with the officials, get it overturned. It's not fair.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Really interesting perspective from one of my D4 reporting friends...

He suggests that Ireland have shown clear signs of evolving since JS and also that sexton is still the business. Strangely I seen neither.

The only thing we agreed on was he agree that Cooney improved things and could start against Wales. His view Sexton carries weight.

Scotland lost that game ....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Excellent win for France. I thought they were going to make a balls of it in the last 20 minutes as usual but fair fecks to them for grinding out the win.

Dupont the most impressive scrumhalf in round 1. Miles ahead of the rest.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

England got out of jail to an extent with a point.

The big lad at Quins should have been at 8 and leaving Mako out just compounded that.

Dupont needs to learn to tell the time but he showed enough to give Dan something to think about for April.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:34 pm Janny with a trademark missed pen and then unforgivably misses touch with a pen in his own 22 and less than 30 secs on the clock.
I see your intuitive and unbiased rugby analysis is spot on as usual.
Sexton 19 Scotland 0
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:26 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:34 pm Janny with a trademark missed pen and then unforgivably misses touch with a pen in his own 22 and less than 30 secs on the clock.
I see your intuitive and unbiased rugby analysis is spot on as usual.
Sexton 19 Scotland 0
Those points wete all pretty much regulation but he did alright overall. Would have been up there with Hogg if Scot had scored before HT mind.

I am only moderately biased against the forces of the FIRFU btw. I reserve my harshest unjustified criticism for the Lionels.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:15 pm England got out of jail to an extent with a point.

The big lad at Quins should have been at 8 and leaving Mako out just compounded that.

Dupont needs to learn to tell the time but he showed enough to give Dan something to think about for April.
French gifted them that point with the kick at the end.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Sexton is still the business despite what you wish for.
I would start Cooney over Murray if only to rid ourselves of that awful box kicking.

Hoping Deegan gets no 8 on Saturday.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Best quote of the weekend from Dylan Hartley on BBC:

"I know more than anyone that if you do something naughty, you get in trouble. But I never did the same thing over and over again. My eight bans were never for the same thing. My criminal versatility was unbelievable. From what I’ve read, they’ve done the same thing over and over again. It borders on ignorance and arrogance."

I love his bare faced honesty :lol: :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The BOX Kick is executed by every scrum half -- some don't telegraph it to same extent and others ensure that the kick is contestable -- the problem with Murray is the kick is so telegraphed that the wings are legally hindered in contesting the catch.

As soon as Murray set himself for the BOX-KICK the Scottish wing dropped back and the hooker or Prop, blocked the chase with the Scottish scrum half then running back on the inside of the chasing wing to impede any contest for the ball.

A box kick is the kick of choice at any line-out or ruck within 10 metres of the touch line and between the 22 and half way line when the first receiver will be marked with a double tackle and fail to break the gain line and a direct kick for touch is not an option.

To be effective it has to be executed quickly off second phase possession before the defence adopt to their pre -ordained roles .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:25 am Best quote of the weekend from Dylan Hartley on BBC:

"I know more than anyone that if you do something naughty, you get in trouble. But I never did the same thing over and over again. My eight bans were never for the same thing. My criminal versatility was unbelievable. From what I’ve read, they’ve done the same thing over and over again. It borders on ignorance and arrogance."

I love his bare faced honesty :lol: :lol:
My gut feeling is that in time you might actually warm to the off-field post-rugby Hartley.. He isn't even English after all :lol:
Big Neville Southall