6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 am Farrell gives a good impression of somebody who is as thick as pigsh!t in his media interviews. You could put that down to my middle class bigotry against his Northern working class persona and poor command of English ("they was, we was" ffs! :roll: ) but Sean Edwards seems as sharp as a tack in comparison.

... and the apple doesn't apoear to have fallen very far from the tree in that respect :lol:
The English in general are well known for struggling with their own language more than most. Tis not down to intelligence in most cases. It is for this reason that many folk from around the world who want to expand their ability to use English flock to Ireland year after year. They especially want to learn how to say things like "dem, dees, dis and dat" Praper fecking English. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

When they were reading out the Oirish election results I was hoping somebody would get 3,333 votes.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

As I seen it both kick in behinds came from the very obvious lack of a covering 15. Jones stated before the game they had identified a weakness that they would explore not sure if it was this or elsewhere but we will continue with same old same old until either reality sets in or France dismantle us..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Cockatrice wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:05 pm As I seen it both kick in behinds came from the very obvious lack of a covering 15. Jones stated before the game they had identified a weakness that they would explore not sure if it was this or elsewhere but we will continue with same old same old until either reality sets in or France dismantle us..
Larmour was target number one without a doubt. He was beaten out by Daly and May early on with high balls, failed to call the mark and didn't have the positional nous in the lead up to the Sexton fumble. I can see his potential in the league when he gets a chance to run from the back but at test level it doesn't seem likely and Ireland don't set up to be able to support him if he makes sixty meters and gets chopped down.

The Italy game is a freebie for Farrell. He gets the chance to cut out a lot of big names under the guise of 'its only Italy at home' or resting the big names but it is actually a great chance to try something out. Cooney, Doris, Byrne at the very least. You can't roll the dice without rolling the dice.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Some talk of the Italy game being in doubt because players based in Treviso may have travel restrictions imposed.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If Will Addison could actually stay for for a week it would give Ireland some options.

Would like to see a back 3 of Addison, Larmour and Conway against Italy, with Baloucoune on the bench.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Having to walk up that weird helter-skelter in new shoes to get to the back row of the South Stand has crippled me.

I thought my feet weren’t too bad but then the alcohol wore off (about noon today)....
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:58 pm When they were reading out the Oirish election results I was hoping somebody would get 3,333 votes.
fufty/feefty :lol:

[Is that thee-thoussshhsand thee-hundred and thirty thee?]
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:33 pm Some talk of the Italy game being in doubt because players based in Treviso may have travel restrictions imposed.
I'd say the entire thing is in a large degree of doubt now. Numbers will spread like wildfire across Europe between now and 7th March.

How do England possibly play Italy in Rome?

Indeed, will we even play Toulouse in April. The whole thing could be shutdown.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The Irish health minister wants the Italy game postponed and is going to speak to the IRFU.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 pm The Irish health minister wants the Italy game postponed and is going to speak to the IRFU.
Reminds me of the Foot and Mouth season.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:36 pm
big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 pm The Irish health minister wants the Italy game postponed and is going to speak to the IRFU.
Reminds me of the Foot and Mouth season.
There is a lot of hysteria right enough. When it inevitably spreads it has the potential to really feck up the Heineken Cup.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Is it much worse than the normal flu? Maybe they should just let it run it's course and let us get some immunity. However the numbers are dropping in China, but can you trust them?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:51 am Is it much worse than the normal flu? Maybe they should just let it run it's course and let us get some immunity. However the numbers are dropping in China, but can you trust them?
Hardly. The European outbreak should provide more reliable data. Looks as if it may not be much worse than normal flu but those with compromised health and the elderly are afforded some protection from that through vaccination.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The authorities down here made a complete ballix of the "decision" to call off the Italy match yesterday.
The Chief Medical Oflicer of the Department of Health announced it and the Minister went on tea time news to the same effect without anyone telling the IRFU. Nobody thought through if this applied to other 6N games or even the France v Ireland game the following week? Nobody thought through did this apply to the u20s or the women?
Nobody thought through - could you play it behind closed doors just on telly?
What a screw up.
Meanwhile 11 flights from Italy arrive in Dublin Airport today. Cead mile failte.