6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn »

Was the winger onside from the kick?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Aye. Nobody can beat the French like the French can beat themselves.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:28 pm Grabbing someone by the dick, has our game come to this?
Hopefully a lengthy ban will be handed out. Anything less will mean that the rugby authorities condone this scumbag stuff.

I have no time at all for the Welsh and they were far from innocent yesterday but even I have no option but to say that some of the English players, including their captain, were a disgrace.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

It takes a special talent to make this Scotland team look anything other than a hopeless rabble. France have that talent in abundance. It was always going to happen to them. It was just a question of when.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Yip, the French had only themselves to blame. Lots of scruffy stuff. They were clearly playing to a pattern but not with the nous to think their way through a match when the pattern breaks down. Shows the value of a mixture of old heads with young blood.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The Marler stuff was a bit of fun - get over yourselves.

The red card was harsh. MT would have been expecting North to be heading for the corner but the tackle took him inside.

I fully expected Scotland to win today.

France were fortunate to beat England and Wales.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm The Marler stuff was a bit of fun - get over yourselves.
Not according to AWJ. But sure, he's only the victim.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It didn’t seem to stop him playing on for the rest of the game but I understand Mrs Jones was a bit frustrated about it this morning.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm The Marler stuff was a bit of fun - get over yourselves.
Not according to AWJ. But sure, he's only the victim.
The Tuilagis are serial thugs
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Marler thinks he's a character and a bit of a comedian. House of Rugby promotes this side of him.
In reality he's an attention seeking dipstick who loves a nasty cheap shot.
His actions were an assault on AWJ, plain and simple.

ps Eddie Jones should also be pulled for his 13 against 16 comment. All part of the do what you like say what you like culture.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:30 pm The red card was harsh. MT would have been expecting North to be heading for the corner but the tackle took him inside.
That explains the lack of any arms in the tackle then. :roll:
It was a stonewall red, by the letter and the spirit of the law.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

flatpass wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:01 pm I have always considered tigerburnie to be an authentic rugby supporter. Good perceptive comments over the years. But the post today about England/Wales is not worthy of him. Most of us in here are no lovers of Wakes or Welsh tactics over the years, but yesterday England plumbed the depths. A thuggish display bearing little resemblance to the game we love. Yes, play hard and on the edge. But not like that. As for Marler, he deserves to have the book thrown at him.
England v Wales has always been a game over the edge, it was unpleasant from the off from both sides, Johhny Mays battering with the elbow set the scene, then Parkes attack on Manu continued it, the ref and tmo did not take a look at either with two England players with head injuries, one with the player leaving the park. You are surprised that the players decided to sort this out for themselves. British & Irish Lions 99 call ring a bell? led by an Irishman by the way and yes I would have followed him. pi$h poor refereeing led to the game being as tough as it was, funny thing, none of the players are complaining, including George North, only fans seem to have a problem, Alun Whinge Jones has embarrassed himself complaining about Marler whilst the world and his dog are laughing about Thomas's joke response to it. Seems far too many people are far too offended on someone else's behalf.
My perception of this match matches that of the majority and not just the English and I consider(and so do others) that I am an authentic rugby supporter. Now you are of course free to disagree with that. I came here and replied to comment, I did not come on here to seek controversy.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Well, I seem to have hit a nerve. For the avoidance of doubt I do consider you an authentic rugby supporter and have regularly enjoyed and benefitted from your comments on this forum. That is not in doubt. Nor is my respect for Leicester Tigers, a true rugby club. But what passed yesterday for a rugby match was not a good sight. Again for the avoidance of doubt I have no time for the Welsh tradition of dirty tactics. My point is that 2 wrongs do not make a right. And yes the officials didn’t help. But England let themselves down big time. Marler is a disgrace, not a comic figure. Snipe is right. It was an assault. You just cannot do something like that. Willie John and his Lions played in a different age where players took their own retribution on the pitch. But it’s a different age and a different game and with different laws. You and I might prefer it was otherwise, but the world is now a different place. In Willie John’s day Marler would have been carried off on a stretcher. But despite our different perspective, I hope you always feel welcome on this forum.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I don't think anybody is offended. Generally we tend to call out foul play when we see it. For example I recall we had a nice discussion on here a good few years ago about the bag snatching tendencies of one Leo Cullen. He was a dirtbag for it and so is Marler. We've discussed dirty tackles so we are hardly going to ignore Tuilagi's effort. Nobody should ever ignore the dirty stuff Wales engage in.

Refs are a huge problem. I like Wayne Barnes because he is strong and takes no sh1te. The guy yesterday was apologising to Tuilagi for having to give him a red. That weakness allows all players to take liberties. World Rugby need to be ruthless and boot out refs displaying any signs of weakness.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Wayne reffed today’s game from the touchline.