6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn »

If only Engerland needed that game for a slam :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I shall be popping along to HQ tomorrow.

I was supposed to be seeing my fellow BT9-er Paddy Raff but the wife is going with her mates instead.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Decent match so far, England's defence is ferocious with little interest in whether it is legal or not.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Anyone else sickened by the thuggery on display during the Lionel’s v Taffs?

Has it come to this, when sportsmanship has been replaced by ‘Win at all costs’ mentality?
We all know the Welsh play the very edges of the laws and they’ve done so for years, but the Little Englander/rule Britannia performance from Eddie’s mouth breathers was disgusting.

The media, the RFU and the English supporters seem content to put up with any level of thuggery, just so long as their team wins.
We watched Joe Marler, who wouldn’t get a job doing the door at Lavery’s, repeatedly nipping Wyn Jones penis. We watched the England captain lash out at a player on the ground and then shove Biggar to the ground.
Fine examples for the sporting youths of today. Absolutely fantastic role models for a generation.
Bill Beaumont once asked why the World seemed to hate England...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

I thought the tone of the match was set in the first minute when Biggar was hit with a no arms tackle as he fielded the ball.
Farrell as usual got away with murder.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Agree with what other's have posted, was really surprised the double tackle on Biggar wasn't reviewed. Was also a game in which I noticed so many players from both sides being held on the ground so they couldn't have any impact on the next phase. Lot of dark arts on display indeed.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The English defence is a two man tackle first in goes low the second shoulder first high. the maul and ruck are hit in exactly the same fashion.

The excessive delay in release is the favourite ploy within the 5 yard area -- imported and perfected into the irish game by Cullen .About 50% of leinster's try have their origin in the ploy.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Best performance by a side playing against 17 I have ever seen, changed my mind about Eddie, he is spot on with his preparation, he knew the Welsh would try to gouge and elbow their way into the game, they have taken over from the French as the dirtiest team around. Johhny May was cynically elbowed in the head and went off with concussion and the tmo and ref didn't even have a look at it, red card all day long. Alan Whinge Jones was lucky it was only a "handshake" he got as he was looking for a fight, Marler just laughs off the provocation he was getting all day.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Grabbing someone by the dick, has our game come to this?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

With the demise of Saracens, England have taken on the mindset of the “Wolf Pack” mentality, win at any, any cost!
Everyone hates us and we don’t care.
Like Saracens, hopefully what goes around, comes around.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

I have always considered tigerburnie to be an authentic rugby supporter. Good perceptive comments over the years. But the post today about England/Wales is not worthy of him. Most of us in here are no lovers of Wakes or Welsh tactics over the years, but yesterday England plumbed the depths. A thuggish display bearing little resemblance to the game we love. Yes, play hard and on the edge. But not like that. As for Marler, he deserves to have the book thrown at him.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Why do the home side frequently change their strip in rugby? "Advantage blue" shouts the ref :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I don't imagine there's any relationship between this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51745646 and the hard man stuff, but you never know.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Tozer is apt
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Is Faye Tozer responsible for Ireland's hard man stuff?
Big Neville Southall