6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Dublin4 »

Keenan has been very impressive for Leinster. Don't forget he was on the Ireland team that got to the u 20 World Cup final a few years ago. He is extremely mobile and he is smart between the ears. A bit like another Blackrock boy, Garry Ringrose.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don’t think anyone is forgetting that but so were Adam McBurney and Greg Jones, plus others who have drifted into obscurity, and it’s of no relevance.

On the very limited occasions Keenan has made the Leinster team since then he’s done OK and even managed to score a try once.

Cooney was benched once in three years and got cut from the squad.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Conway is a make do and has very limited experience at full back Henshaw was tried and found wanting and basically in my opinion a bit like Sexton "an injury waiting to happen' for the last couple of seasons never the same player after the second AB game when he got crocked .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Conway is a make do and has very limited experience at full back Henshaw was tried and found wanting and basically in my opinion a bit like Sexton "an injury waiting to happen' for the last couple of seasons never the same player after the second AB game when he got crocked .
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Well it kind of looks as if Henshaw is covering centre and 15 doesn’t it.

Garbisi at 10 for Italy - looks a good find for them.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Went pretty well today.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

I was a lot more confident before the Italians went over for that last try. France looked dangerous.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’d be surprised if that makes a difference but I guess you never know.

The way France play means that Ireland are likely to need to score 4 to win and that there is every chance of doing it.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Well the 81st minute of a match is no time for heroic defence and a broken jaw with about 5 games to come -- not to sure how the Irfu made a 35m loss there must be some future debts etc accrued in there somewhere or expected loss of revenue from advertising etc as well crowd money.

Don't read a great deal into the win Italy are not a top 8 side play with passion but lack that magic touch

Wasn't to over impressed with the referee seemed to whistle like he had an interest in the result.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wing-cmdr Robshaw CDM and bar has contributed something to Ireland's cause, cemented his "nice but dim" reputation and fecked up his own valedictory outing against his beloved Engerland.

Admit it. Ye'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh 😅😅😅😅
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Keenan and Connors had excellent debuts, as in a sense had Doris. Didn't I say that Keenan was fast? Shame about Ringer's jaw. Stockdale looks good for FB.
If Ireland win the 6N because of freakish scores next week it will not be deserved as England are clearly the best side.
I expect a big score in Rome but Saturday night will be interesting and entertaining.

I don't know how tight the restrictions are up North but life down here is pretty boring at the moment and I will take any diversion available. At least we have the Masters to look forward to.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dublin4 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 am Keenan and Connors had excellent debuts, as in a sense had Doris. Didn't I say that Keenan was fast? Shame about Ringer's jaw. Stockdale looks good for FB.
If Ireland win the 6N because of freakish scores next week it will not be deserved as England are clearly the best side.
I expect a big score in Rome but Saturday night will be interesting and entertaining.

I don't know how tight the restrictions are up North but life down here is pretty boring at the moment and I will take any diversion available. At least we have the Masters to look forward to.
Pretty boring here as well but at least we have Gaa/shinners/dup to be guaranteed to do or say something really stupid to liven us all up.
E.g. We would like a new 100 million plus Gaa stadium please; we have 15 million :lol: :lol:
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Cooney called into Ireland camp with Gibson Park injury concern.
So happy we have Alby to keep wee Dave company would have been bricking it otherwise lol
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

This is just why Alby is here. Good to have him. I've always had a soft spot for Shananananananana but Saturday wasn't his finest hour. Too may wee breaks into space that wasn't there.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Henshaw in for Ringrose. Farrell no 23 for France game.