6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Jackie Brown »

If anyone can find Josh Van Der Flier can they send him to Dublin please. Another game being carried by CJ.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Does the over hyping of Murray's average performances mean we will get Cooney back to play the Cheetahs?

Don't want to see Shanahananana v Pienaar.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Murray ok, but Cooney better. He introduced a whole different tempo .
But when the out half captain says that his scrum half was the game winner, what chance for Cooney?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Murray was decent. It is always the case that a sub 9 coming on late in the day appears to speed things up. I say that as someone who called for Cooney to start. No need to be ridiculous for provincial reasons.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:07 am If anyone can find Josh Van Der Flier can they send him to Dublin please. Another game being carried by CJ.
Last seen scoring a try. You may have missed it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Then disappeared
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 am Murray was decent. It is always the case that a sub 9 coming on late in the day appears to speed things up. I say that as someone who called for Cooney to start. No need to be ridiculous for provincial reasons.
True. But experience suggests that Cooney coming on atc
any point speeds things up.
A good 10+ mins spent around the Welsh 22 failing to secure a BP. Cooney comes on and its done.

To me that says Cooney was at least 10 minutes late arriving.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cooney’s delivery at least a gear faster if not two it was chalk and cheese however a central contract will ensure the status quo for at least another year...

Wales appear to be learning a new game plan with a coach deciding to start putting his style down early. North is done and their new centre learnt what a missed tackle means at this level.

Parks missed opportunity could/would have changed everything and I wonder if another ref would have stuck by his instinct. He was two feet from the ball with a clear uninterrupted view and immediately called try only for someone to cast doubt.

How so many sides can’t take advantage of a broken Sexton remains a mystery to me.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'll give Sexton his due he doesn't sherk his responsibilities in defence (when he gets there ) but he is not as paces now as he was.

I think the review of grounding was requested by the Irish players --and the one mistake a referee seeks to avoid is giving a try -- that isn't . the Irish media would have been on him like a swarm of bees -- that ref has few friends in Munster and he knows it.

A visit to Munsterfans is educational -- basically on the back of CJ's performance the Munster players beat the Welsh all on their own -- nothing changes.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:42 am
Shan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 am Murray was decent. It is always the case that a sub 9 coming on late in the day appears to speed things up. I say that as someone who called for Cooney to start. No need to be ridiculous for provincial reasons.
True. But experience suggests that Cooney coming on atc
any point speeds things up.
A good 10+ mins spent around the Welsh 22 failing to secure a BP. Cooney comes on and its done.

To me that says Cooney was at least 10 minutes late arriving.
Yes I agree with that.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

France eight points up within eight minutes. Looks like it might be a long afternoon for the Italians.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:08 pm France eight points up within eight minutes. Looks like it might be a long afternoon for the Italians.
After 20 years, the Italians still don't add anything to this tournament.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Not JVdF biggest fan but stats appear to suggest he ran just two metres less from half as many runs as CJ and also made 12 tackles plus scored one try. Hardly missing maybe he does unseen work but as I say not his biggest fan.

With two MotM performances that should cement CJ for the next Lions tours and limit the introduction of a new eight for a while..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

What are the French like? Dominate then go to sleep, fantastic flair and a host of silly penalties. At least they're never boring.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game but, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.