6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11516
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Shan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Italy scored a couple of nice tries but really only allowed into the game because France snoozed their way through the game.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11981
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm

solidarity wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm
I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game but, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
In this instance it's Ireland doing the travelling >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
GLENN CORNICK
Squire
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: Salamanca

Re: 6N 2020

Post by GLENN CORNICK » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:50 pm

I see Genge has taken over the roll of resident dik for the England side, with a snide corner-boy image; innit?
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.

User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by solidarity » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:30 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm
solidarity wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm
I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game. I'd also fancy them for the championship. They should beat the Scots but, against the Welsh, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
In this instance it's Ireland doing the travelling >EW
Fixed. :thumleft:

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11981
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 pm

solidarity wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:30 pm
big mervyn wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm
solidarity wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm
I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game. I'd also fancy them for the championship. They should beat the Scots but, against the Welsh, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
In this instance it's Ireland doing the travelling >EW
Fixed. :thumleft:
:thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

Dublin4
Warrior
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Dublin4 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm

The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
With the problems at half back, England should be huge favourites.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11981
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Dublin4 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm
The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
With the problems at half back, England should be huge favourites.
Farell has won the 2 games he needed to, assuming there isn't a balls up in Rome.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22917
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Snipe Watson » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:23 pm

We play Italy in Dublin this year, but you're right.
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by solidarity » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Dublin4 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm
The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
With the problems at half back, England should be huge favourites.
Farell has won the 2 games he needed to, assuming there isn't a balls up in Rome.
Ahem. I expect a fix will follow very soon.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11981
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

solidarity wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 pm
big mervyn wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Dublin4 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm
The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
With the problems at half back, England should be huge favourites.
Farell has won the 2 games he needed to, assuming there isn't a balls up in Rome.
Ahem. I expect a fix will follow very soon.
Ahem .. touche I think Solids :lol:. My daughter is actually going to that game!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17325
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: 6N 2020

Post by BR » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:00 am


Parks missed opportunity could/would have changed everything and I wonder if another ref would have stuck by his instinct. He was two feet from the ball with a clear uninterrupted view and immediately called try only for someone to cast doubt.
No ref worth his salt with a TMO available would have let that go. I listened to the ITV commentators going on about how close it was, but in reality, from the right angle and even in real time, he'd lost it well short and there wasn't even a hint of downward pressure.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11981
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 pm

Thought there was a fair element of doubt about Vdf's meself. The video evidence was certainly inconclusive although the ref seemed happy enough with what he'd seen of the grounding.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2363
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by justinr73 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:57 pm

I didn’t think HP had scored in real time but the interesting one was VDF’s try. The first thing Poite said was “I have no idea”.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17325
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: 6N 2020

Post by BR » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 pm
Thought there was a fair element of doubt about Vdf's meself. The video evidence was certainly inconclusive although the ref seemed happy enough with what he'd seen of the grounding.
My reading of it was the ref saw the ball grounded, but not the grounding. Video evidence didnt show anything, let alone anything that would negate the try. They did do one of those magnifying glass shots after the game where you could just about see a ball being grounded somewhere that looked roughly about the line, but i don't think the tmo would have had that at the time, nor do i think it would have been enough for 2nd question.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6753
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: 6N 2020

Post by rumncoke » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 am

On push over mauls -- nine times out of 10 -- if the grounding is doubtful the referee --could turn round and award a penalty try for collapsing the maul --- assuming grounding awards 5 points -- a penalty try awards 7 the lesser of two evils is to award the try.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

Post Reply