Lions 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions 2021

Post by Dave »

Not sure. Ireland always break him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Can someone please tell me why Keenan is even mentioned when there is Stuart Hogg, Liam Williams and even Leigh Halfpenny ? All of them can catch the ball, can kick the ball - and some even from the tee..... And even Halfpenny can be creative with the ball.....

As for second rows, Itoje, AW and Hendy, with Ryan as the mid-week man.....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Blue supremacists I would say. He has no chance. There won't be many Irish backs. Henshaw, Murray or Sexton maybe. It will be taffs and poms plus Hogg.

Everyone gets so tetchy in lions years. It's hard to select one team from four for a reason. Hilarious when four can't beat one.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gatland is set to call up Wayne 'Barnsey' Barnes for the lions squad.

Wayne grew up in Wales.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Winners and losers after the 6Nations. Winners putting their hand up for selection, Losers shooting themselves in the foot.

Winners
Beirne, Henderson, Henshaw, Stander, Van der Merwe, Wyn Jones, Rees Zammit, A. Watson, Youngs

Losers
Ryan, Farrell, 2X Vunipola, Daly

If the tour goes ahead Gatland has major problems at loosehead, scrum half and outside centre. No obvious test starters in these positions.
LTHG
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No problem for Warren. He will select the current Welsh starter for that position.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

McGeehan xv now down to 1 englishman......Curry.
Maybe have to change the name to the Celtic Lions?!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big Jim Hamilton has Hendy in the Test team.

Good lad is Jim.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Mako, Jamie George, Itoje, Billy V and Farrell would have been the Sarries certs. I reckon 1 will miss out. Farrell and Itoje are rightly certs IMHO. Not sure which of the other 3 would miss out. Jamie George has the most competition but he was named as a cert by Gatland quite a while ago.

If he loses out I reckon Kelleher might get the nod ahead of Herring, alongside Ken Owen's and Cowan-Dickie
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Itoje is a cert to give away a sh1tload of penalties.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 am Itoje is a cert to give away a sh1tload of penalties.
I don't agree it's a recent development brought about by circumstances. He has been playing beyond the edge in a misfiring Perfidious Albion team trying to gain an edge, doing it all himself. In a balanced side surrounded by other performing players he won't have the same pressure to force the issue. He'll be great alongside Hendy in the row so he will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 am Itoje is a cert to give away a sh1tload of penalties.
I don't agree it's a recent development brought about by circumstances. He has been playing beyond the edge in a misfiring Perfidious Albion team trying to gain an edge, doing it all himself. In a balanced side surrounded by other performing players he won't have the same pressure to force the issue. He'll be great alongside Hendy in the row so he will.
I don't think England are that bad. The best players should be able to stop themselves from giving away so many penalties. Particularly against the SA pack. Don't get me wrong a colossal player on his day. However this issue of penalties given away versus mastering dark arts is redundant if too many penalties are given away. Looking at the stats from the 6 nations Hendy, Beirne and AW Jones were the most effective 2nd rows at the ruck.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ben Youngs rules himself out again.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So who will Gatland be picking at 9....?

You’d think Townsend would have a decent idea about who has been ripping up the Pro 14 for the last few years.
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

I think Conor Murray is one happy camper after reading the Young’s announcement. I’d really love it to be Conney but just can’t see it. Murray, Williams, & one of Care, Davies, Price, & Conney imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk