Lions 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

allezlesverres
Initiate

Re: Lions 2021

Post by allezlesverres »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:59 am
There's no way Simmonds is coming into the team for the last test.
Oof.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:16 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:59 am
There's no way Simmonds is coming into the team for the last test.
Oof.
Lol, who knows what is going on in Gatland's head, except bring on the Welsh when it really gets down to it.

I got a few right, Wyn Jones was probably a gimme given the scrum issues, hopefully Owens helps with that too. Hendo incredibly unlucky, my unbiased head says he should have started to strengthen the scrum and move Itoje to flank.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

On the bright side Hendy will come back to us injury free😀
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The only feck I give for this bullsh1t
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Gatland made his first mistake making AWJ Captain nice man WAS a great player in his day but --big BUT --- I don't think the he has the same energy now -- the heart is there - the will is there but the x factor is missing . Being Captain makes the guy undroppable ,

Playing Lawes at 6 it was obvious Gatland was trying to match the physical aggression of the BoKs and it work in the first test because the game was played with out the degree of interruption which enable the BoKs maintain their momentum in the second .

So far it the games to date most of the game has been off the ball and blindside of the ref with all eyes centred on the ball in the air .

As rugby goes it not boring just F---in monotonous because the Boss don't contest the catch as a catch but as an interfering hand with a tap anywhere to create panic the alternative is the hang back and thump high tackle .

E=with out de Klerk there might be a bit more running and passing by the BoKs this time trying to get the ball to their wings either passing or cross field kicks.

Simmons is basically a swop for Lawes at 6 offering a bit more experience at ball carrying and possibly less thump.

When Gatland lost North for Outside centre his midfield became unknown I think is original plan was Henshaw /North , to bench Farrell
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Bangors wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 pm On the bright side Hendy will come back to us injury free😀
I'm gutted for Hendy, i hope this doesn't take the wind out of his sails. It's a career defining moment because he has to resign himself now to the prospect of never getting a Lions cap. That performance in the A game was really unfortunate. I personally dont think he did much wrong but he imposed himself on the game a lot less than he had done in the previous warm ups. It looked like he was free wheeling to make sure he didn't get injured and could start the following test (which he was a dead cert to start before AWJ came back). I don't think Beard is half the player Hendy is but he had a much better showing in the A game which seems to have been a big audition for Gatland. Also, he's welsh.

Has anyone heard rumours of covid in the Lions camp? I picked up some mutterings earlier in the week but nothing since.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

I see Messi is leaving Barcelona for financial reasons and there will be few teams that can afford to sign him.
Is he any good at rugby? Munster could afford him.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Argentinian 10...the GOAT?

Nope give us PJ.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

To put it simply. I am not even remotely interested in anything to do with the Lions. The whole Lions thing is a farce and waste of time when they take a player like Henderson away from his family for weeks and don't use him. I know who I hope wins tomorrow.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

>appl my sentiments exactly
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

This Lions tour is the greatest borefest of all time.
The second test was excruciatingly drawn out and the matches are devoid of any rugby. No atmosphere, no crowds, nothing. And lots of disappointed players wondering why they went.

Today, Limerick v Waterford in the hurling semi final is on at the same time. My father would probably turn in his grave but I am watching the hurling rather than the muck in Cape Town.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Come on the Deise
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Well said Dublin 4.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Four countries versus one. Behind the hype that's all it is. Lions have to win with no home fans or bin the concept.