Lions 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Lions 2021

Post by Cockatrice »

Strangely I didn’t see Sinclair’s TV I didn’t throw my toys out of the pram breakdown as anything more than a pathetic whinging Ashton think he has a god given right to be on that plane …
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 pm Strangely I didn’t see Sinclair’s TV I didn’t throw my toys out of the pram breakdown as anything more than a pathetic whinging Ashton think he has a god given right to be on that plane …
Are translations available.......or is Rumn posting under two handles
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lord Sinckler clearly has a very high opinion of himself and doesn't take disappointment too well.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

If you haven't seen it, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSG-oH4WNqU
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Porter and Furlong was the right choice, both appear to be top professionals that do their job and do it outstandingly well. The centres do appear to be an interesting one at first glance, suspect the initial plan is to have Farrell there and pretty much just kick for position and try to get the forwards to win it. Can't imagine it is going to be pretty.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think they have gone for the bigger men. Zander Fagerson is a big unit too. He offers plenty around the park.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big men are important, but I recall the demolition job Paul Wallace and Tom Smith did on Oz Durant and co.

I don't mind Sinclair's reaction. He cares which is kind of important and as an individual he has come a long way since the last tour.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Always remember the mouthful sexton and farrell gave sinclair after he was gloating at the end of the 2nd test. I am sure things like that don't go unnoticed by management and the 6-8 weeks in a bubble will mean tubes will not be tolerated.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Most people would have had him in their expected squad. He’s rightly disappointed and emotional and was just very open and honest about how he is trying to deal with the disappointment. Nothing wrong with that. Whether people think he should have been picked or not I see nothing wrong with this interview as most of it is about how he felt and about coping with disappointment.

Of course there was a former Ulster centre who threw his toys out of the pram and whinged and gurned about not being selected for Ireland, saying his face didn’t fit, but that was different.....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gatland probably still has a grudge after he got arrested on the last tour. Poor potty mouth Kyle. Keep crying.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bart S wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:57 pm Most people would have had him in their expected squad. He’s rightly disappointed and emotional and was just very open and honest about how he is trying to deal with the disappointment. Nothing wrong with that. Whether people think he should have been picked or not I see nothing wrong with this interview as most of it is about how he felt and about coping with disappointment.

Of course there was a former Ulster centre who threw his toys out of the pram and whinged and gurned about not being selected for Ireland, saying his face didn’t fit, but that was different.....
Any difference between a one off tour every 4yrs and regularly getting overlooked for your country in favour of playing other guys out of position?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cave always claims it he was taken out of context by the D4 meeja as he was having a pop at them. He phoned Joe to clear things up. It didn't change things.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Sinckler didn’t suggest there was anything “unfair” in his non selection and had the good grace to wish those picked all the best.He has missed out on what for players remains the biggest accolade in terms of selection and what he described as the best experience of his life in 2017......minus the arrest presumably!

The fact that Cave went on in later years to say how great it was to work with Joe Schmidt and how Jared Payne was a better player than him was maybe refreshingly honest, but does take away from his original gripe.

I’m no great fan of Sinckler (though I do think he’s a good player and should have been picked) and I don’t get all of the hype around the interview but it’s pretty clear that it’s not an ego trip on his part and his intentions with the words he said were pretty commendable in my opinion. He has been very open about working with a mental health mentor in more recent times and how that has helped him cope with the disappointment. Fair play to him I say.

Both Cave and Sinckler were passionate in their own ways and expressed disappointment with good reason IMHO. I certainly don’t think Sinckler’s disappointment and reaction was any less justified than Cave’s though.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don’t disagree with any of the above but I’d have been more impressed if Sinckler had gone on to tell the kids that getting arrested and being sent off for swearing at the ref aren’t the best ways to go about achieving your career goals.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:25 pm Cave always claims it he was taken out of context by the D4 meeja as he was having a pop at them. He phoned Joe to clear things up. It didn't change things.
The one thing I never understood was why Joe took him to the world cup in 2015 and then didnt play him when the centres got injured. If he wasnt going to play him when the other centres were injured then he should have picked a utility back instead who could cover centre. He could easily have left him at home in the 1st place.