Lions 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Lions 2021

Post by jean valjean »

Saffas going 6-2 was always going to happen. I'd have had hendo on bench along with bierne as I still don't believe bierne is physically a good enough lock. Garlands wants daly to kick a winning pen from half way obviously.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dublin4 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:29 pm What does Murray have on Gatland? There is no rational explanation for this selection. Plodding performance at the best of times.
Sure he was great in 2017/2018 and there have been no other form scrum halves in Ireland apparently.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Expect the Springboks to win the 2nd test, as a result of desperation, having another match to get fitter, possibly even a bit of officiating bias.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shame Marcel the Mercenary isn't anywhere near the Springboks squad >seeya
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Has Rassie totally lost the plot?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fair fecks to him. Some baffling calls in that game. Gatland complains all the time so perhaps it's the only way to get parity. Coaches always say how they do not receive any feedback over complaints about poor referee performances. No accountability for refs and world rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

If we're going to have a video critique of every big game, we're in trouble.
I watched the whole crazy thing and while some of his points are valid others are one eyed crapola.
I think he's gone too far.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The game has a massive problem. Refereeing is incredibly poor and inconsistent. We all saw the replays of Kolbe being tackled in the air over and over. How it wasn't picked up is mind boggling incompetence. I think coaches are exasperated. There is a lot on the line for them. You could see it with big Dan this year over certain games and with certain refs. Something has to change.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Players should play; coaches should coach; refs should ref; and water boys should stop playing silly buggers.

Clarification should be sought in the normal way and not through twitter or youtubeye or even in press conferences, tv interviews. ... We all know it's about putting preasure on officials for subsequent games.

Erasmus is by no means the only one, but it has got out of hand. IRB needs to wind it back to preserve some yhe remaining respect refs have in the game.

As for the quality of refs being poor. Perhaps it is the tools they are given tonwork with.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:16 pm The game has a massive problem. Refereeing is incredibly poor and inconsistent.
Has always been thus, but now we have social media.
I've been preaching for years that there's too much for the referee to watch and now with so many cameras picking up everything, it's a thankless task. So unless we're happy to have a media led witch hunt every week. There needs to be some level of decorum established. The Rassie show was a total shambles.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Snipe - fair play to you for taking one for the team and watching the whole thing. I couldn’t face wasting an hour of my life with it.....well unless the alternative was having to listen to 60 SECONDS of Luke Fitzgerald.

Rugby is a bloody difficult game to ref. Look how many decisions can be debated even with the benefit of endless replays and slow motion angles. Of course rewatching a game you are bound to pick stuff up that you didn’t pick up in real time. The ref doesn’t get that benefit.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I should say not just refs but the officiating team. Especially the TMO at times. Many of the seemingly incorrect calls could be seen in real time or via replay. We all saw the disallowed try, the Watson tackle and the Kolbe tackle in the air. Fine margins here. After the Kolbe tackle the lions won a pen and took the lead. The Itoje jackal with SA 5m out was a big swing. He wasn't supporting his body weight, kneeling on the lions player with a hand on the ground. Clearly in view of the touch judge. Kolisi is speaking now about not being listened to by the ref on these issues.

The attitude is now to dismiss Rassie's concerns because of his behaviour. The usual channels are fruitless. The game doesn't improve and the frustration continues. World Rugby have their head in the sand and won't listen.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:45 pm ... So unless we're happy to have a media led witch hunt every week. ...
Won't be every week though. Not driven by coaches at any rate. It'll only be weeks when there's another match coming up.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

When did they stop even pretending to make the scrum a contest for the ball?
Faff is putting it so far into the second row that the hooker isn't even bothering to make it look like he's trying to hook it.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ages ago.

Hogg has been gash.