SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

germcevoy
Initiate

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by germcevoy »

I can’t get over Gareth Davies causally toe poking the ball away with five seconds on the clock.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

POM should never be allowed near an Irish squad again. Hoping he gets six weeks minimum and gets the f out of it. His mindlessness was the equivalent of six sin bins. No team can take that.

But what an incredible performance from the XIV left and the subs! Also taking into account Ryan having to go off.
It must be a long time since Wales had such a hollow victory and the Man of the Match was pathetic. Wyn Jones must have been embarassed.

That's our six nations done and dusted. Ireland will pay hugely for the massive physical effort today and will be unable to give the French much of a game next week.

The other positive I draw was the superb performance in the rest of the first half which deserves a good watching back during the week.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dupont etal will eviscerate #notmycountry next week.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I agree, Snipe.
France will be fit and ready after their training session yesterday
Ireland will be hard pushed to get 15 on the pitch.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

As soon as the red was given it was game over.
There wasn’t just the 14 men for 65 mins it was all the implications:

POM is a lineout jumper adding pressure to ire, and taking pressure off a poor welsh lineout. We had no back jumper.
Automatically lost henshaw from backline whenever we had a scrum, hampering 1st phase attack.
The scrum dominance I was expecting never really came, along with Ryan’s head injury it meant the front 5 advantage and front 5 subs had to be managed. Rather than blitz them after 50/55 mins.

Wales were poor. There was a lot to be admired in the ire performance. Porter beirne Henderson 2 backrows, centres Lowe & Keenan had decent games. Sub props good.

Thank god we had as much possession as possible, but if I was FR I’d be looking to get mileage into Irish legs next week it’ll tell in the final 20.

Doris was a big miss. Much is made of Ireland’s back row options however most are average. A decent ban for POM can hopefully open up a hole. Hoping we get Doris / Leavy within 6 mths. PJ would be on 50 caps by now. JGP sped the game up. Burns isn’t the answer at 10. Centre combo was good. Keenan very tidy at 15. A 5th place finish is now likely.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It is Sexton who should never play for Ireland again. What a complete disgrace he is. He gets absolutely poleaxed on the field but still appears to fight with the medic about going off for a HIA. The term role model was thrown around a while back. What kind of role model behaves like that around an issue that has the potential to have very serious lifelong complications or worse. How many young players watching him will attempt to hide symptoms or deny they have been affected on the pitch. He has a history of this but he is never called out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Yes, fifth looks like a good bet. Italy will lose everything... obviously. Can't see Ireland getting anything against France or England but it will be interesting to see if the new Scotland are the real thing. Could be a fun match against them. France should walk away with the trophy, unless they go all French of course.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'm not convinced by Scotland yet. England were massively off the pace and Italy could have given them a game.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 pm It is Sexton who should never play for Ireland again. What a complete disgrace he is. He gets absolutely poleaxed on the field but still appears to fight with the medic about going off for a HIA. The term role model was thrown around a while back. What kind of role model behaves like that around an issue that has the potential to have very serious lifelong complications or worse. How many young players watching him will attempt to hide symptoms or deny they have been affected on the pitch. He has a history of this but he is never called out.
Agreed.

10's need a bit of arrogance about them but Sexton takes it a too far. He is full of his own importance. As you say, Dave, as a role model for young 10's, in the context of head injuries, he really ought to know better.

Anybody know a good Irish10 playing somewhere, maybe outside Ireland, in the English Premiership perhaps, with international experience behind him and a good few years left yet?

I do.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Paddy Jackson should be starting for Ireland but that's only stating the obvious. It is also obvious that that will - sadly - not happen.

In the circumstances, Sexton played very well in the first half but at 35 going on 36 you just can't expect more. Billy Burns is a grand player but not really at the level. IMHO Carty was discarded too quickly. Carberry if fully fit would be good. But that's a hope for next season. Harry Byrne blew his chance to impress crying off the H Cup game before Xmas. Ross Byrne is a bit like Burns and not really going anywhere.

All of this is a shame as Ireland have a fine team across the positions and the coaching looks very good. Even Murray looks back to form.
The 6N is an oasis in the gloom of the pandemic but to be honest, this is a write off season and counts for little in all sports.
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Ireland in dire need of the Ginger Prince - who would ever have guessed! Karma is a b***h lol.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Even if they relented and called Paddy up. I suspect he'd tell them to shove it.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

The 9 & particularly 10 situation is ridiculous and has been poorly handled. The pace rises considerably when Murray goes off. Sextons body can’t handle more than an hour at Int Level. There should be an edict from IRFU that young promising halfbacks are given gametime ahead club stalwarts but who lack int quality.
POMs red will cost the Irfu at least £1m in prize money.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:34 pm Even if they relented and called Paddy up. I suspect he'd tell them to shove it.
I hope he would.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Irish rugby fans are the worst. They are on Billy's Instagram account writing on photos from weeks ago. Terrible stuff. Other pros are pleading for them to stop.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?