SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Out Half in Ireland really is in a bit of a challenging period in Ireland, Carty is the only one that you could say he is undoubtedly the best out half for his province. We have basically 3 and I would argue Madigan is currently the best of them, Leinster surely to goodness Sexton isn't their best OH now, and Munster with Hanrahan, Carbery and Healy no idea who would be at the top of their pecking order never mind building for the world cup. This is before getting into the politics of it where undoubtedly Sexton is undropable.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

lovesthehardground wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:55 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 pm Newsflash: Billy Burns is a very average flyhalf.
He's still not the reason Ireland lost on Sunday.
Absolutely not the reason.

I'm a POM fan, but his conduct and dismissal put Ireland in an awful hole. He has to carry the can.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

I haven’t read any of the previous posts but from what I watched Ireland were far better organised since 2019.
They were mostly from the off keeping possession, winning the breakdown and getting over the gain line. They were full of energy and in control.

With 15 men they would have won this game at a canter.
At the start of the match Murray kicked possession away and either the kick was to long or the kick chase didn’t happen. He then reigned that in and we kept the ball.

The red card happens and we keep ball in hand and we keep possession, Murray doesn’t kick but in my mind is to pedestrian and gives Wales to much time to align their defence.

We look as if we are in control and in command of the game and forehead we are in front for 12mins Murray starts kicking possession away and that’s when the game starts to change? Kick without a chase. Ball at times should have been in the stands!

Now I’m sorry but if the opposition don’t have the ball they can’t score, and that’s been A problem for Ireland, Ulster, Munster & Connacht, the only team who has starved everyone of possession is Leinster and who are also one of the best counter attacking teams in Europe, so they love you kicking the ball to them?

So yes Murray’s kicking was crap at times, he was slow to the breakdown, when JamisonPark appears faster delivery, quicker service etc the problem lies with the coaching plan.

Murray is slow, Sexton is past it, and Billy, The Byrne,s Carberry are not the answer, it might be Carty but should be Jackson.

Well done Ireland taking it to the wire but please take the next step, but preferably the right step and with a World Cup on the horizon that means leaving some great servants of Irish Rugby behind!

It was a brave performance but we as fans are fed up with nativity stupidity and just being clueless in what is a professional game!

I think I’m done out and said enough!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

If you haven’t read our posts why should we read yours?
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... CyOJP4eGpY

Ryan’s a good player but not quite sure I’d agree with this article...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The article is not as good as the author no doubt thinks it is.

Ireland didn’t seem to miss Ryan too much but Hendy will probably have to be satisfied with the bench again.

Sounded like Janny’s HIA was delayed until such a time as he was likely to pass it which, if correct, would be an interesting approach to player safety.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Why would Sexyton need an HIA, sure it was a tight Hammy.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:46 pm Why would Sexyton need an HIA, sure it was a tight Hammy.
Do you remember all those internationals when BOD would stagger off the field with a HIA and 10 minutes later he was back on?
It was crazy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mind that neurologist in France who told Johnny to take a 12 week break due to multiple concussions? Well he's alleging Johnny has had around 30 concussions in his career. He's sort of implying he'll be having issues in later life. Johnny is raging because this is inaccurate but also a breach of confidentiality. So basically he's raging that his inaccurate confidential medical details have been leaked.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

I'm back...

Scotland R-OOT!!

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Billy is getting another run out it seems. No sexton Murray or Ryan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Murray Kinsella has Ruddock in for POM. Ryan definitely out, Sexton a maybe. No mention of issues with Murray.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

It's official. Hendy is now the guilty party for one of the Welsh tries. The jury is out on the other try although it has been suggested that a line-out throw by Herring 15 minutes before the score may have contributed to it.
Personally I blame Stockdale. If he hadn't injured himself the tries wouldn't have been scored.
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

Hendy Captain , Burns to start no Sexton or Murray . Ruddock replaces O'Mahoney .
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Whiskey Malone RFC (JGP) at 9. Casey on bench.