SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:34 am It's at the stage now that we need some kind of technology in the ball that can tell the ref if the ball was grounded. They just can't be trusted anymore to come up with consistent and fair judgements.
Yes. I propose some sort of live wire mesh in the in-goal area, and surrounding the ball, thus enabling an electrical circuit to be completed in a successfully grounding. A non-lethal current of course, just enough to add to the entertainment :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 am
Dave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:34 am It's at the stage now that we need some kind of technology in the ball that can tell the ref if the ball was grounded. They just can't be trusted anymore to come up with consistent and fair judgements.
Yes. I propose some sort of live wire mesh in the in-goal area, and surrounding the ball, thus enabling an electrical circuit to be completed in a successfully grounding. A non-lethal current of course, just enough to add to the entertainment :thumleft:
Scrum caps with lights on them so when the ball is grounded the lights go on. Of course you need a grounding to complete the circuit.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

lovesthehardground wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:59 pm
Can't see anything but an English victory. Kilcoyne starting at loosehead?! Sinckler will tear him a new one. VDF and Conan?! Woul;d have kept Beirne at 6, Stander at 8 and O'Mahony at 7. Brought Roux into the row. May have lost a bit of mobility about the park but would have had more fight and fire which we will need against this English pack. Big Billy and super Mario to have a field day (vomit). Hopefully Bundi will launch himself at that salbber Farrell and do us all a favour. Hard to see how the media will blame Stockdale for the pack getting stuffed up front but Im sure they'll find a way.

Hope Stander has a good un. Deserves a decent send off.

Sets a new record for punditry in respect of the number of things wrong in one paragraph.
Any tips for the Grand National?you are

I am what....?
Hands up I got most things wrong. At least Stander got his send of. Just goes to show there are only two infallible people in this world. The pope and bobbievee. Yeah I know you wouldn't believe it of the pope. Oh and the Grand National - I'd put 50p each way on Red Rum. Here he's in with a shout this year.
LTHG
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Do red cards ruin the game?
I don’t think any of the red cards issued during the 6 nations were for a deliberate act of foul play therefore would a fairer punishment not be to remove the offender permanently from the game but to permit a him to be replaced after 10 mins?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

mid ulster maestro wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 am
Scrum caps with lights on them so when the ball is grounded the lights go on. Of course you need a grounding to complete the circuit.
Excellent ideas ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:17 am
damianmcr wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:13 am
big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 am What was the problem with the acrobatic Rhys Zammit try? I was watching with the sound off and couldn't figure out why it wasn't given
Touched the base of the flag post
I thought the flag was in play?
Mervyn

I thought so too, but seems touch flag 1mm above the ground is in play, but where flag touches the ground, it is 'in touch'...

see extract from world rugby laws : https://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=21&language=EN para 15

''CORNER FLAG POST

if the ball or ball-carrier touches a corner flag or corner flag post without otherwise being in touch or touch-in-goal, play continues unless the ball is grounded against the post''.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 pm
damianmcr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:28 pm This BBC comms is sickening.
Brian Moore is terrible.
As a player Brian Moore was extremely annoying, bordering on hateful, BUT as a commentator I think he's very insightful and, above all, unbiased.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Any word of hendo's injury? Read that he was replaced because of a shoulder issue. Be our luck to have him ruled out of the quins game after playing the best sequence of games in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Brian Moore is great when England aren't playing. When they are he can't help but let the passionate fan come put.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:Any word of hendo's injury? Read that he was replaced because of a shoulder issue. Be our luck to have him ruled out of the quins game after playing the best sequence of games in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Everytime he plays for Ireland he gets injured. He came back from injury (from an Ireland game) in the autumn to get injured again playing for Ireland. Same thing has happened again. Hopefully nothing serious.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tighthead Prod wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:18 am
justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 pm
damianmcr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:28 pm This BBC comms is sickening.
Brian Moore is terrible.
As a player Brian Moore was extremely annoying, bordering on hateful, BUT as a commentator I think he's very insightful and, above all, unbiased.
In the first five minutes he was banging on about what a huge psychological moment it would be if the French were to score.

They promptly did and then he said that the Welsh were so experienced that it was no big deal.....

Make your mind up please Brian.

Funny when he tried to big the ref up for “speaking both languages” (as if that’s never happened before) and Davies said he didn’t realise the ref had learned Welsh.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Absolutely bonkers game - great watch.
Think GAlthie needs to keep his mouth shut, re the red card esp as FR had the covid outbreak & have messed up the Sco fixture. The comments I’ve read are very poor.
That said
DuPont / serin, Jalibert / Ntamack - what great half back options.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The act of foul play was a compound on the flying in off the feet which preceded it

In some ways the French and Welsh deserve each other both can play some beautiful rugby and mix it with a sneaky fouling mind set that any advantage is acceptable no matter how achieved

Anyway back to Ireland the win disguises the fact that Ireland at the moment can’t string a back move together .

Earls try was straight off the training ground a gap and charge for the line — well executed but be honest you can train a dog to walk on it’s hind legs . It was a set play not an open play try — pure Joe rugby if you can spring a set play you can win the game provided you can defend

And the win means the menu will not change - stick the ball up your jumper kick your penalties .

If hadn’t been England it would have been boring .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well Ireland have some silverware under Andeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh F. now. The annual 'We played shyte all year but at least we beat England' Trophy - it is being celebrated widly online.

There was an 800 year period in which Ireland struggled to achieve this. Indeed a large portion of the time the Oirish didn't have the carbs. The scotch were also hammering the North for a bit, a fair bit of territory was lost.

The engerlish also were busy with some other issues around the world. Those genocides will not commit themselves, you know.

Anyway, FIRFU.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Who are the best team in this years 6N? :scratch:

I suppose it's France.

The 6N rivalling the Pro12 for mediocrity.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall