SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:16 pm Ireland are brill. Andeh F is the saviour of Irish rugby. World Cup semi incoming...
Control yerself!
Plenty of hard ons for Ireland but I find them a painful watch in rugby terms.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Lowe is so bad it's laughable.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Today, thanks to society I could identify as a woman despite my chromosomes. I could tell people I'm dick van dyke the cockney singer and chimney sweep.

Both scenarios are more plausible than James Lowe being Irish. Or a rugby player for that matter.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Felt a bit that in the first half we were trying to play the game Farrell wants to play with a bit more of an open game, while in the second half we went back to the crap gameplan we are good at, forward based, just run into people, ruck, maybe a box kick and that's about it.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Irish back was Crap not just Lowe luckily Jonny was concussed enough to see straight.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Lowe is just not at this level defensively.
He should not be picked again.
Beirne, Hendy, Connors, Keenan, Earls very good.
Sexton showed his value at this stage of his career.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No evidence of Farrell attempting an expansive gameplan based on any Ireland performances under his coaching tenure. Scotland were not even attempting decent linespeed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:01 pm The Irish back was Crap not just Lowe luckily Jonny was concussed enough to see straight.
Thought Keenan and Earls had decent games. Ringpiece has a 'mare.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Blackskulllad wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm Today, thanks to society I could identify as a woman despite my chromosomes. I could tell people I'm dick van dyke the cockney singer and chimney sweep.

Both scenarios are more plausible than James Lowe being Irish. Or a rugby player for that matter.
Pundit arena :

. James Lowe: 3

Lowe made some good attacking plays but he just isn’t good enough defensively for test rugby. Lowe was jogging along for Russell’s try before making an absolutely horrendous tackle attempt on Huw Jones for Scotland’s second try. An awful pass before coming off summed up his performance.

To be fair his attacking prowes is also not good enough for test rugby.

The FIRFU needs to take off the rose tinted spectacles. Being born on the other side of the equator should not be a sufficient criterion for an Irish test cap.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Imagine being an Irishman, putting in the effort leprechaun rugby as a 5yr old, then through school and club. Dreaming of playing for your country, watching guys like Bowe, Trimby, Horgan, and dreaming of emulating them one day.

Then watching 3rd rate NZers get parachuted in from the other side of the world and phone in their performances week in week out.

The whole set up is a fecking disgrace.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

James Lowe. Yikes.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Be honest the backline never looked like scoring Keenan was fine under the high ball but then looked like a rabbit in headlights — Earls was lucky his attempted tackle failed or it red card written all over it .

Collectively a 4 out 10 performance

Henderson and Beirne were the best of the forwards Stander seems to be losing pace quickly
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:46 pm Imagine being an Irishman, putting in the effort leprechaun rugby as a 5yr old, then through school and club. Dreaming of playing for your country, watching guys like Bowe, Trimby, Horgan, and dreaming of emulating them one day.

Then watching 3rd rate NZers get parachuted in from the other side of the world and phone in their performances week in week out.

The whole set up is a fecking disgrace.
I thought the same with Payne and Aki, at least an argument could be made for them. The only NIQ worth their place is Stander.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Agree with Rum, yes you can quote that, Hendo and Beirne were the two best Irish forwards. While less noticeable round the park Herring's lineout throws were top notch, quite a few to the back of the lineout, and when the Leinster hooker comes on he throws a lineout that wasn't straight. Great to see Furlong play, brings a lot of energy to the game. Missing Doris, would be a pretty good upgrade on Stander, and still feel Healy needs replaced.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Dave wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:06 pm No evidence of Farrell attempting an expansive gameplan based on any Ireland performances under his coaching tenure. Scotland were not even attempting decent linespeed.
Yeah fair enough Dave, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, Ireland can't stick to the old way of playing and really progress.