SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by Bart S »

The southern journos are comparing this to the game against the Argies in 2015, when POC, Payne, SOB, Sextin and POM were unavailable.

Big difference is that then they were guaranteed starters on form and ability alone. Murray and Sexton have shown nothing in the past 2 years to indicate they are any better than the alternatives (and in murray 's case even less than that). Ryan is a loss but Hendy and Beirne are more than capable at this level and POM is not the force he was.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's a brand new halfback pairing starting a test match. Existing partnerships such as Cooney/Burns could have been utilised. Burns doesn't kick for Ulster but seems like he will be given the kicking duties also.

No problem Billy just do the following:

1. Seemlessly forge a new halfback partnership in your first 6 nations start Vs France.
2. Goal kick to international standard despite not kicking at club level.
3. Manage the expectations of deluded Leinster and Munster fans who mercilessly trolled him to extent he had to disable comments on his social media.
4. Generally play to a standard beyond what you have displayed to this point in your career.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:30 pm It's a brand new halfback pairing starting a test match. Existing partnerships such as Cooney/Burns could have been utilised. Burns doesn't kick for Ulster but seems like he will be given the kicking duties also.

No problem Billy just do the following:

1. Seemlessly forge a new halfback partnership in your first 6 nations start Vs France.
2. Goal kick to international standard despite not kicking at club level.
3. Manage the expectations of deluded Leinster and Munster fans who mercilessly trolled him to extent he had to disable comments on his social media.
4. Generally play to a standard beyond what you have displayed to this point in your career.
He is being set up to fail. Management can claim to be trying out Sexton replacements and showing further how irreplaceable he is to the Ireland setup.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Going to be an interesting match, with JGP, Burns, and Casey as JGP's understudy we could play a lot less of a kicking game, keep the ball and provided we don't get turned over tire the French out. Don't see us winning, but would be lovely if we did play a bit more of a running game.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cooney and Harry Byrne called into squad to cover for further last minute injuries
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:08 pm Cooney and Harry Byrne called into squad to cover for further last minute injuries
You have to admire JC's forbearance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The building for the world cup excuse can't be used. Farrell clearly thinks JC is that far down the pecking order on ability.

Out of interest, how many actual full games of rugby has Andy Farrell played in his life?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cooney should have been in the squad already and be in the 23.

Tough ask on Burns but he's getting the opportunity. Farrell could have started Byrne after BB's performance last week.

Carty got hung out to dry after the Japan match and Ross Vyrne got crucified after his 2 games vs england. If BB fails tomorrow he'll get the same treatment but it would be wrong to suggest he is getting treated differently vs the other 10's whose crimes are not being Sexton and not generally being international standard.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Farrell's approach to establishing a pecking order is nonsensical. To not have Carty in the mix is unexplainable. Joe rated Carty. Farrell wasn't head coach at the WC. He can't use that as an excuse when he states he is selecting on form.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Wales scrape through with another red card to thank. Keeps the championship close at least, will get smashed by France and England.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:Wales scrape through with another red card to thank. Keeps the championship close at least, will get smashed by France and England.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Unless every team they play gets a red card!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They may need two to beat England and France.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:28 pm They may need two to beat England and France.
at least.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Ireland need Paddy Jackson at number10.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

twiglet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 am Ireland need Paddy Jackson at number10.
Not sure him being at number 10 would help resolve the big issues of the day.

D'ya think he would handle the pandemic/vaccination programme okay?

What about Brexit and Article 16 of the NI Protocol?

He could maybe use his position at number 10 to expose one of ravers' sponsors and their allegedly dodgy fire certs, (wouldn't that be ironic?), but how would he be of use to Ireland in all of this?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right