Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn International squad

Post by Snipe Watson »

JB?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Snipe Watson wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:24 pmJB?
Jonathan Bradley of the Belfast Telegraph......

Of the Ulster team who played on Saturday, I'd suggest that only Hendo and McCloskey did themselves any favours in demonstrating why they should be picked for Ireland. Poor old Nick Timoney; for the Connacht no. 7 (also an ex-Blackrock College player from north Dublin) to get MotM. And probably not helpful to Herring's cause to be playing...., especially given Kelleher's output in Glasgow the night previous. Balacoune didn't get the ball enough (?twice?) to go forwards or backwards. Thought Tom O'Toole didn't do too badly, but Finlay Bealham (corn-rows not withstanding) will have benefitted from being on the winning team. Still the Ireland team will be largely Leinster in Green.

Have tickets for the match v Japan (by choice over the All Blacks) as interested to see what a mobile pacy 15 man attack does against Farrell's Ireland. The match v Argentina will be a boring slug-fest, as the Argentinians aren't quite good enough to get out of the stranglehold Ireland will successfully put on them up front, which is a pity as they can play some really attractive stuff. Know what the All Blacks will do. Think they'll target Sexton's channel, put pressure on directly Keenan and the two wings (i.e. bypass Henshaw and Aki as much as possible) and be confident in defending their goal-line from within Ireland's 22.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

It has been a while since I saw tickets for an All Blacks game make it to general sale. The prices are no doubt why.

Scores and scores still available for the Japan and Argentina games. I don’t have it in me to go down and support the green this year.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody know what 'restricted view' means? Is there part of the pitch that can't be seen?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

germcevoy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 pm It has been a while since I saw tickets for an All Blacks game make it to general sale. The prices are no doubt why.

Scores and scores still available for the Japan and Argentina games. I don’t have it in me to go down and support the green this year.
Crazy prices for NZ, €125 for a seat in the gods etc. Paid €100 for the 2018 game, that was my limit.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:20 pm Anybody know what 'restricted view' means? Is there part of the pitch that can't be seen?
Had them one time in Premium level for an Ireland game, you were just very close to stairs etc, was no issue.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:20 pm Anybody know what 'restricted view' means? Is there part of the pitch that can't be seen?
There’s an overhang of some of the steel structure inf you’re in the top top rows of the two main stands. You lose very little of the far touchline. I’ve had no bother sitting in these seats before.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

germcevoy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 am
There’s an overhang of some of the steel structure inf you’re in the top top rows of the two main stands. You lose very little of the far touchline. I’ve had no bother sitting in these seats before.
Won't ruin your watch value in the slightest Solids, I think they come a little cheaper, bang for buck it's a good deal. One thing to note is it's a steep climb up there, if you're a little out of condition or too long new give yourself plenty of time to get up there and visit trap two before you do. It's not a journey you want to make multiple times.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

What an edifying start to the day. Solids and trap 2 mentioned in the same paragraph.
But thoughtful and well intentioned.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

After watching the AB’s play Wales yesterday I’d say there will be a brave few of us frequenting trap two when they play in Dublin.
Farrell’s probably already there :D
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

As you might guess, my question about limited vision is academic... all sold out for all matches. When do 6 nations tickets become available?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm As you might guess, my question about limited vision is academic... all sold out for all matches. When do 6 nations tickets become available? :D
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Mack Hansen added to Irish squad after 5 games for Connacht. An absolute slap in the teeth for all Irish fringe players.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jetstream wrote:Mack Hansen added to Irish squad after 5 games for Connacht. An absolute slap in the teeth for all Irish fringe players.
Hopefully the motivation that Jacob needs to get back on the horse he was riding 3 years ago. Im sure there will be plenty of repeats of his try in the run up.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:16 pm
Jetstream wrote:Mack Hansen added to Irish squad after 5 games for Connacht. An absolute slap in the teeth for all Irish fringe players.
Hopefully the motivation that Jacob needs to get back on the horse he was riding 3 years ago. Im sure there will be plenty of repeats of his try in the run up.
Ireland under Farrell are going nowhere fast. The IRFU won't realise this or act on it until the next RWC shambles.