Autumn International squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn International squad

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:Clearly I'm missing something here. So, some argue that a sub coming on as a sub can't take a kick but a sub coming on as an HIA sub can take a kick? Surely, if you're going to bring on a bloke as an American football kicker, you would bring him on as an HIA sub and take him off when he has taken the kick and, 'coincidentally', the HIA has been resolved. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
That's what Ireland did. Considering Janny didn't return, he must have failed the HIA.

The powers that be decided a while back that you couldn't make a tactical sub to come straight on for a kick. Since they wouldn't want to delay a HIA I suppose they bypass it for that issue.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think the HIA is red herring. JS left the field with a knock to the head. He was rightly replaced. It was not a tactical substitution as the black captain was suggesting.

An actual HIA was probably unnecessary.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:55 pm The powers that be decided a while back that you couldn't make a tactical sub to come straight on for a kick. Since they wouldn't want to delay a HIA I suppose they bypass it for that issue.
Aha. That makes some sort of sense, now, albeit still a bit daft in the end.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

English Premierborefest???
Rumn
Anyone who calls it that has clearly not been watching it for the last two years. The mystery is how England national team has been so far removed from Premier skills and invention. Worryingly ( for the other Nations) some signs that things are about to change
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:I think the HIA is red herring. JS left the field with a knock to the head. He was rightly replaced. It was not a tactical substitution as the black captain was suggesting.

I have been directed to a head clash with Savea approximately 2 mins before the sub. Ironic that he is now out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. He rarely admits to post head injury issues. Despite what medics in France may claim.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27 pm
Dave wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:55 pm The powers that be decided a while back that you couldn't make a tactical sub to come straight on for a kick. Since they wouldn't want to delay a HIA I suppose they bypass it for that issue.
Aha. That makes some sort of sense, now, albeit still a bit daft in the end.
It helps to remember that an HIA is a replacement, not a substitution.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 am
BR wrote:I think the HIA is red herring. JS left the field with a knock to the head. He was rightly replaced. It was not a tactical substitution as the black captain was suggesting.

I have been directed to a head clash with Savea approximately 2 mins before the sub. Ironic that he is now out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. He rarely admits to post head injury issues. Despite what medics in France may claim.
Not a sub!!!

He was down holding his napper for a good while after, then wobbling about (not unlike me later that night). Dissapointed the irish medics waited to be called on to be honest (for JS, not for me - I was fine until the next morning)

But i agree, a certain natural justice seems to prevail.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

Not a sub!!!

He was down holding his napper for a good while after, then wobbling about (not unlike me later that night). Dissapointed the irish medics waited to be called on to be honest (for JS, not for me - I was fine until the next morning)

But i agree, a certain natural justice seems to prevail.
You will be observing strict return to play protocols, I hope.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

7 day turnaround for me this week.

So sticking by the letter, rather than the spirit of the RT :stout:
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He shouldn't have to say anything whatsoever about his health unless he wants to go public. A player can deny he has ever been concussed and that is his business.

My issue is about management trying to game the protocols which should be an absolute non-starter.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:

He shouldn't have to say anything whatsoever about his health unless he wants to go public. A player can deny he has ever been concussed and that is his business.

My issue is about management trying to game the protocols which should be an absolute non-starter.
Agreed. It's his private information. Although he hasn't stated he is withholding consent. It's more the misdirection at times in the past.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:22 pm In theory (and traditionaly) you can't sub a player while the ball is in play. At a penalty the ball is still in play.
Shirley it's the opposite of that - you can only sub a player when the ball is dead.

Semantics, possibly, but at a penalty the ball is dead - the clock might still be running, but the ball is dead.

Unlike some other things that are dead, it may not be no more! It hasn't ceased to be! 'It hasn't expired and definitely hasn't gone gone to meet its maker (Adidas, Gilbert, Mitre or Webb Ellis)! Not quite a stiff, but bereft of life. It rests in peace until the penalty taker resuscitates it by kicking it! :shock: If it hadn't been nailed 'onto a tee, it'd be pushing down on the daisies! Its metabolic processes are 'istory! (Not that they were ever very much to begin with). The ball has kicked the bucket,it's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' ball choir invisible!!

IT IS NEARLY BUT NOT QUITE, AN EX-BALL!! UNTIL BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE AGAIN BY THE REFEREE'S WHISTLE AND THE PENALTY TAKER'S BOOT!!!

No????

Sorry - got carried away a little bit there. :oops:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:35 pm
BR wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:22 pm In theory (and traditionaly) you can't sub a player while the ball is in play. At a penalty the ball is still in play.
Shirley it's the opposite of that - you can only sub a player when the ball is dead.

Semantics, possibly, but at a penalty the ball is dead - the clock might still be running, but the ball is dead.

IT IS NEARLY BUT NOT QUITE, AN EX-BALL!! UNTIL BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE AGAIN BY THE REFEREE'S WHISTLE AND THE PENALTY TAKER'S BOOT!!!

No????

No!

Ball is not dead at a penalty.

Not even pining for the fjords.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:35 pm

No????

No!

Ball is not dead at a penalty.

Not even pining for the fjords.
The ball's been dead since it was on the back of a cow.... >bud
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Nowadays a cow wouldn't know a bull if she saw one as the bull only gets a mechanical w-nk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist