Comedy Gold

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Comedy Gold

Post by Rooster »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Absolute classic
If Mike Phillips plays then I would pick Stringer sraight away his aggression and defensive ability would be invaluable, if it's Peel then I'd be happy with Reddan. Phillips will go through Reddan for a shortcut, Stringer would get him binned
Again, where is this stuff coming from? When has Reddan looked defensively frail? I've seen Stringer make some pathetic excuses for first up tackles before but I guess everyone here must have been looking the other way those times. Or else they were in an ML game.
I've seen Reddan play plenty of times over here in the UK for Wasps and at home for Munster and IMO he can't tackle to save himself or take a high ball for that matter...Stringer fights well above his weight defensively ....he has plenty of weaknesses as well but as was mentioned above horses for courses.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

:D :D :D :D :D

comedy gold indeed!! the title alond had me in stitches!! arguably the worst suggestion, ever, in the whole world...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

At least a modicum of sanity is restored in the second page. The rest is clearly mental.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

to be honest I ain't that impresssed by reddan. I think he's suspect under pressure and hasn;t really offered Ireland the extra dimension that we hoped. I think stringer can offer something in certain games and I'd be inclined to start him for Wales - certainly for 50 mins.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Reddan certainly has been a bit disappointing in the last couple of games.I don't really buy this thing about the two steps he takes and the notion that Stringer delivers faster ball.Stringer has a slightly better and faster pass but you have to wait half an hour for him to stop flailing his arms around and looking for the referee to intervene when the ball is clearly visible.Once he actually gets the ball he gets it away in one movement.I think the people calling for Stringer's recall have short memories as he was coming under increasing pressure, mainly through his own fault, and delivering very poor possession to O'Gara prior to his replacement by Reddan.In saying all this though both scrum halves were/are affected by the Irish packs inability to get the upper hand in all their recent matches.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

They are both tom kite really. Just Reddan isn't quite as tom kite as Stringer.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

[QUOTE=inoverthetop] [P][QUOTE=NeilBestisalegend] [QUOTE=anthonyl] I would pick Stringer straight away his aggression and defensive ability would be invaluable, [/QUOTE] Stringer + Defensive ability= Zero Stringer + Aggression= u must be joking Typical Munster fan wanting stringer possibly one of the worse scrum-halfs in the world instead of someone who has defensive ability and can line-break and looks where he is passing[/QUOTE] [/P]
[P]What a load of absolute nonsense. [/P][/QUOTE] Stringer is a fine tackler and is defensively twice the player Redden is
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

If you are judging defensive capablities then the best is Boss

If you want to see RoG under pressure at International level play Stringer

He seldom if ever makes a break
his passing can be anywhere and everywhere
and while he passes from the base the ball is so long visible that the defence knows exactly when and where it is going

No doubt he is gutsy and tackles above his weight but the backline seldom functions beyond RoG at International level iwith Springer

But the Munstermen seldom see beyond their own unless their own is totally with out merit like they still think Quinlan and Foley are International class players and Carney should be on the wing

whilst their loyalty is to be admired they have a tendency to go beyond reason failing to see any defect in the players they support

As I have said before in the professional game at ML level there is very little difference between any of the players it is only when they get to International level that the weaknesses become apparent because as T Bowe so rightly said at the weekend
its the pace of the game that is different and if your not up to that pace then you have no right to be on the pitch

Thus a Munster player at ML level like Foley can function effectively but become a liability at International Level because they no longer maintain the pace necessary at that level and their experience which helps at ML is of little benefit because they are no longer up with the play
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bogboy wrote:If you are judging defensive capablities then the best is Boss

If you want to see RoG under pressure at International level play Stringer

He seldom if ever makes a break
his passing can be anywhere and everywhere
and while he passes from the base the ball is so long visible that the defence knows exactly when and where it is going

No doubt he is gutsy and tackles above his weight but the backline seldom functions beyond RoG at International level iwith Springer

But the Munstermen seldom see beyond their own unless their own is totally with out merit like they still think Quinlan and Foley are International class players and Carney should be on the wing

whilst their loyalty is to be admired they have a tendency to go beyond reason failing to see any defect in the players they support

As I have said before in the professional game at ML level there is very little difference between any of the players it is only when they get to International level that the weaknesses become apparent because as T Bowe so rightly said at the weekend
its the pace of the game that is different and if your not up to that pace then you have no right to be on the pitch

Thus a Munster player at ML level like Foley can function effectively but become a liability at International Level because they no longer maintain the pace necessary at that level and their experience which helps at ML is of little benefit because they are no longer up with the play
I'd agree with most of this but it's not just Munster fans who have the blinkers on.Both Leinster and Ulster fans are guilty as well.Lets be completely honest here and say if Boss was playing with either Munster or Leinster ye would have been able to see his many faults, as well as his good points, a lot quicker.Finally most of you have realised he really is not up to it at international level.I have been one of those saying for a couple of years now that Stringer needed to be replaced but this does not take away the fact that a few years ago he was very valuable to the team because of his, then, wonderful passing.Jackman is the latest who proves your point as the Leinster fans and even some Ulster fans(I don't know whether people just have something against Flannery because he from Munster or have they simply not been watching him when he is on form) have been going on about him and saying he should be first choice for Ireland.I was very much in the minority when I said he wouldn't be good enough but that has proved to be the case without any doubt.I would very much agree with you regarding Carney.I have never thought he was International class but some people just don't want to see reality as it's easier to believe the correct players are not being picked than to conclude players from your own team are not as good as you would like them to be.Both Quinlan and Foley have been great servants to Ireland over the years(Quinlan could have given even more if he had sorted out his temperment issues earlier in his career) but are now past the stage where they are good enough for international rugby.Just as a final point I remember some people on here a while back were asking for Paddy Wallace to get more game time at 10 but recently those people have realised he offers nothing as a 10.It just shows that when Ireland are doing badly people come out with illogical solutions to the problem and no province has a monopoly on that(I think I even said it myself when O'Gara was having one of his bad spells)
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Chill out there Shan, don't be taking all this too seriously..............it's not as if any of us really know anything,it's just provincial rivalry and all that.

Anyway ................you should know better...........being a Leeds man. :wink:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Too true Browner.That will teach me for posting when I am still at work.Anyway I agree there is nothing wrong with provincial rivalry.When it comes to Ireland though I'd like if we could all be "Marching on together".
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

When it comes to Ireland though I'd like if we could all be "Marching on together".
Together...yes.

Not sure about the marching though. :oman:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.