Warren Gatland.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Warren Gatland.

Post by browner »

I know a lot has been hyped be the Welsh press.....................http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But Gatland has been feeding them ammunition................time to kick his ass back to the valleys.

C'Mon Irelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Warren Gatland.

Post by Rooster »

Gatland is not all that bad :D
BBC wrote:Ireland shrug off Gatland taunts

Wales coach Warren Gatland has been accused of trying to play mind games ahead of Saturday's Triple Crown decider against Ireland.

Ireland's Rory Best said Wales have not been tested this year, prompting Gatland to pin the quotes up in the team room to motivate his players.

"It's nice to get motivation from a world-class player like Rory," he said.

But Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan said Gatland's comments were "a very dated view on how teams prepare to play".

He added: "That might have been all and great in the amateur days of 'ra-ra-ra' but I think we've moved beyond that.

"We are talking about professional players who prepare meticulously to play a game, so some throwaway comment by somebody a week before the game is not going to be the hinge on which you win a match.

"We've all moved on."

Much of the hype surrounding Saturday's game is the controversial circumstances of Gatland's departure as Ireland coach seven years ago where O'Sullivan stepped up from being his deputy to replace him.

But O'Sullivan said there was no animosity between the pair.

"Most of the talk has come from the press and it's great copy," he said. "But we've just concentrated on playing.

"If you indulge yourself in this sort of stuff, you're wasting your time and energy.

"It's better to spend the time on the things you can control. It's like any other Test game,"

And O'Sullivan said he was looking forward to meeting up with Gatland when the match is over.

"Absolutely, I'll have a beer with him after the game. I always have a beer with the coach after the game. It's hard before the game to talk about the coaches.

"But when it's over you shake hands, have a beer and get on with the next game."
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Not many would appreciate that EOS has no swallow and can deck a beer in 2.5 seconds.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

cables wrote:Not many would appreciate that EOS has no swallow and can deck a beer in 2.5 seconds.
:lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Rooster wrote:Gatland is not all that bad :D
BBC wrote:Ireland shrug off Gatland taunts

Wales coach Warren Gatland has been accused of trying to play mind games ahead of Saturday's Triple Crown decider against Ireland.

Ireland's Rory Best said Wales have not been tested this year, prompting Gatland to pin the quotes up in the team room to motivate his players.

"It's nice to get motivation from a world-class player like Rory," he said.

But Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan said Gatland's comments were "a very dated view on how teams prepare to play".

He added: "That might have been all and great in the amateur days of 'ra-ra-ra' but I think we've moved beyond that.

"We are talking about professional players who prepare meticulously to play a game, so some throwaway comment by somebody a week before the game is not going to be the hinge on which you win a match.

"We've all moved on."

Much of the hype surrounding Saturday's game is the controversial circumstances of Gatland's departure as Ireland coach seven years ago where O'Sullivan stepped up from being his deputy to replace him.

But O'Sullivan said there was no animosity between the pair.

"Most of the talk has come from the press and it's great copy," he said. "But we've just concentrated on playing.

"If you indulge yourself in this sort of stuff, you're wasting your time and energy.

"It's better to spend the time on the things you can control. It's like any other Test game,"

And O'Sullivan said he was looking forward to meeting up with Gatland when the match is over.

"Absolutely, I'll have a beer with him after the game. I always have a beer with the coach after the game. It's hard before the game to talk about the coaches.

"But when it's over you shake hands, have a beer and get on with the next game."
Maybe i'm missing the point of your post but i'm pretty sure that wasn't a compliment from Gatland towards Rory.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

No, it's definitely not, but he's playing to what the turnips already believe....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

While Keith Wood has been credited with the revolt (and disgraceful behaviour it was too) against Gatland, I'd be very surprised if O'Stagnant didnt have a wee hand in it somewhere.

I did love this quote from O'Sullivan though
We are talking about professional players who prepare meticulously to play a game,
Er - and this would be why we played so well in the RWC then - :duh: :duh:
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Gatland in his first championshion as Wales Coach brink of Grand Slam - good on him - we are stuck with EOS - god help us.
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

you've been listen to George Hook to much :lol: :lol: :lol: dude
i love munching Leeks....Image
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

Gatland: Not satisfied with his summer performance he's started spewing brad pitt again this week.

First he accuses Keith Wood of being selfish for criticising his BOD selection decision before displaying rank hypocrisy by announcing he only picked Farrell as a Lions coach to get an insight into England's tactics.

Now he's acting like he's already been selected as the 2017 tour coach and is suggesting the Lions use quotas for the next tour.

What a banker.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

dcpete wrote:Gatland: Not satisfied with his summer performance he's started spewing brad pitt again this week.

First he accuses Keith Wood of being selfish for criticising his BOD selection decision before displaying rank hypocrisy by announcing he only picked Farrell as a Lions coach to get an insight into England's tactics.

Now he's acting like he's already been selected as the 2017 tour coach and is suggesting the Lions use quotas for the next tour.

What a banker.
-- I think he may have been joking about Farrell.
-- The quota stuff is a lot of oul ballix, he well knows that nobody will support it, so he's off the hook when he selects XV Taffs next time.
-- He would have been better to say nowt about Wood. He's making himself look just as bad.
-- He's not called cement head for nothing.
-- Will Spikey Mikey go on the piiss for Wales?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
dcpete wrote:Gatland: Not satisfied with his summer performance he's started spewing brad pitt again this week.

What a banker.
-- I think he may have been joking about Farrell.
-- The quota stuff is a lot of oul ballix, he well knows that nobody will support it, so he's off the hook when he selects XV Taffs next time.
-- He would have been better to say nowt about Wood. He's making himself look just as bad.
-- He's not called cement head for nothing.
-- Will Spikey Mikey go on the piiss for Wales?
Mikey is suing Bayonne. Money grabbing welsh Warren Gatland
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Mikey is suing Bayonne. Money grabbing welsh Warren Gatland
Must be a fair chance that like a Tory candidate in Scotland, he'll lose his deposit.

Slap it inti'him, it wasn't the first time they had cause to discipline him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

He's no chance but the article does reveal some interesting facts on the Welsh situation.
http://gu.com/p/3kv6c
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

He really is a small man.

Wales v South Africa: Warren Gatland rejects Rolland meeting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24814317

Hope the Boks stuff them.