the facts.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

mr_sing
Novice

the facts.

Post by mr_sing »

poor performance all round but lets be frank,if trimble had have made a half decent tackle at least,we may have stopped the try..............trimble and tommy who was outside trimble should have made the tackle............school boy errors. :afro:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: the facts.

Post by pwrmoore »

True. But Horgan was supposed to be marking Williams - where was he?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kearney was the original mistake, he should have hoofed the ball up field.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

True Rooster but it was, nonetheless, a nothing tackle especially as we know Andrew can put in mighty hits. He'll be slated for this and the villian again.
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yes he should have made that tackle and along with the majority of the team didn't have a great game.However with the exception of Jackman and Easterby all the players involved today should be involved again.There is no point in singling out players except the two I mentioned as this was a collective bad display.The buck must stop with Eddie as we know these players are capable of much better.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The facts are Ireland were terrible, end of story.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

mr_sing wrote:poor performance all round but lets be frank,if trimble had have made a half decent tackle at least,we may have stopped the try..............trimble and tommy who was outside trimble should have made the tackle............school boy errors. :afro:
thing is Stingif our plyers opened their eye's a bit more this game could have been well in the bag,5/6 times we had a clear overlap but it weren't used ># ># ># >#
i love munching Leeks....Image
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

'Kearney was the original mistake, he should have hoofed the ball up field.'

It started earlier than that a stupid pass by O'Gara put him under pressure. O'Gara should have cleared the lines.

It was a bad missed tackle by Andrew but I think we are deluding ourselves re its impact - the score flattered Ireland big time.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

LePaul wrote:True Rooster but it was, nonetheless, a nothing tackle especially as we know Andrew can put in mighty hits. He'll be slated for this and the villian again.

And he is, Eddie says 'one lapse' cost them the match in another article posted here.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

who cares what eddie says, he's an ejit who needs put out of his misery
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

LePaul wrote:
True Rooster but it was, nonetheless, a nothing tackle especially as we know Andrew can put in mighty hits. He'll be slated for this and the villian again.

And he is, Eddie says 'one lapse' cost them the match in another article posted here.
The problem Colzo is this - Trimble will be seen as the last man who should have dumped Shane Williams. The numbnuts wont be asking how did Williams get that far and who else had a better opportunity to tackle him and who slipped his guard and so on. Then there is the simple fact that it was a very poor effort from Andrew - sadly, I hasten to add.

As Rooster rightly puts it
The facts are Ireland were terrible, end of story.
Glad to see that Rory's performance is being looked at in a good light. That psycho Jackman reminds me of Trevor Brennan :evil: :evil:
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

LePaul wrote:True Rooster but it was, nonetheless, a nothing tackle especially as we know Andrew can put in mighty hits. He'll be slated for this and the villian again.
Munster get a bit of a hardtime around here sometimes, but look who is jumping into defend Andrew! :o

From official Munster Rugby site: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/19_7880.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All that aside however most, not all, of the reportage was fair. But when members of the media wonder why some of this current crop of players may be a little reticent about talking to them, they might have a look at the headline on the back page of The Irish Mail on Sunday. The piece, penned by Liam Heagney provides us with the unfairest cruellest line of the weekend - Trimble hands Triple Crown to Wales.

Andrew Trimble is a decent young man, a good footballer. He didn't shirk the tackle, just failed to execute it effectively. Liam Heagney is a decent sort also who will of course say he doesn't write the headlines.

He should have a word with the faceless genius who does.
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

That title is a disgrace - simple.
"You can't please all the people all the time!" Mr. Robert Marley
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Who cares. When Jake takes charge he will know what to do.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

Dont just sit there talking about it GerryO' get out there and get it sorted. :lol: :lol:

I hope the 3 wise owls get a boot up the jacksie too.