Feck off............

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Feck off............

Post by browner »

From the Scotsman.................

Coach's wife swore at me claims BBC man Moore

By Gareth Black
THE Scottish Rugby Union has declined to comment on an allegation made by former England captain Brian Moore that he was told to 'f*** off' by the wife of Edinburgh coach Andy Robinson at the Calcutta Cup match.
Moore was at Murrayfield on Saturday to witness Scotland's 15-9 win over England as a BBC commentator, a role in which he has built a reputation as an outspoken critic. He also writes a newspaper column in the Daily Telegraph, and yesterday's article began by stating: "The most fantastic event at Murrayfield on Saturday was when the wife of former England coach Andy Robinson, after cheering as fanatically for Scotland as she used to for
England, told me to 'f*** off', adding that 'my husband is a good coach'."

The alleged incident is understood to have stemmed from Moore's criticism of Robinson when the latter was coach of England between 2004 and 2006. Robinson resigned after winning only nine of his 22 matches in charge, blaming a lack of support from the RFU.

Moore continued in his column: "Actually, I have never criticised his coaching; his record in this regard is self-evident, but he was a terrible selector."

Robinson returned to rugby last year when he was appointed head coach of Edinburgh, and he was then made joint coach of Scotland A.

After Scotland's poor performances in the first two matches of the RBS Six Nations Championship, there were calls for him to become involved with the senior squad, and last week he attended Scotland training sessions in the build up to the Calcutta Cup match.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Feck off............

Post by Rooster »

:lol: fair play to her :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

:lol:

Moore gets on my wick.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Find it hard to believe that's the first time Moore has been told to fcuk off in his life. It's not newsworthy and he does himself a diservice to try and make a story out of it. I enjoy Moore for his forthright opinions and honesty, but if he is offended or even surprised when someone is forthright back, then he loses credibility.

Here's to you Mrs Robinson... :thumleft:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Rooster wrote::lol: fair play to her :salut:
and fair play to him as well to be fair :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
mr_sing
Novice

Post by mr_sing »

never mind mrs rob ,eddie butler shoud tell him to fcuk off.............................................. :afro:
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

someone give that woman a medal, and will i dont mind listening to brian when hes covering an england match though not against ireland i think meantioning this was bad form
Why? Why not?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Have to admit to liking Moore as a pundit..........................but Matt Dawson, now there's one who needs a good kick in the swingers.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

I find Moore amusing; he’s outspoken, opinionated and doesn’t care what others think.

We must be related :cyclops:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I'd say he only brought this up to show it was a more entertaining incident than the match which was fairly brutal and maybe even worse than our game.Anyway I like Moore.He actually says what he thinks and doesn't worry if a few people get upset.He is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise limp BBC rugby team.Just imagine who you would like listen to-----Guscott(most boring person ever--coma inducing),Inverdale(Put you to sleep),Austin Healey(Annoying little prat),Butler(Judean People's front type splitter.Over-emphasising useless players names as if they are going to change the world e.g Jamie Noooooooooon),Davies(annoyingly shouting out things during games in his annoying voice),Wood(banal comments and only sees non-existent positives in Ireland's endless crap play),Any of the Scottish pundits who fail to see reality,All the touchline contributors are a waste of time as they just state the obvious.Still better than ITV though.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Keith Wood and EOS are good friends. Don't expect an objective analysis of Eddie from him.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

i think guscott healey davis and inverdale are brilliant, sometimes there even drunk before the commentary starts :P
Why? Why not?
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

have you got the link :lol: :lol: :lol: wouldn't mind meeting myself :lol:
i love munching Leeks....Image
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

BR wrote:

Here's to you Mrs Robinson... :thumleft:
Yep. Couldn't agree more.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
bootlace

Post by bootlace »

talk about handbags at dawn,maybe he really is a sore loser, [makes it all the more funnier :cheers: ]he does make me laugh during games,and the 'sad thing' is I prefer him over most of the others,pitbull by nickname pitpull by nature,although!!!!!!!!!!!!! he saved his comments for the wife and not the husband,should say a lot about him really.