Is Goon Still Here?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Is he here under a pseud?

Yes
37%
No
11%
Who's Goon?
21%
We're all in on it except you AYM
32%

Total votes: 19

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Is Goon Still Here?

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Thought "ghostlyremains" might have been him
So did I....he took exception to that thought.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

moondance wrote:
namron wrote:Au contraire I quite enjoyed the Goons posts being IMHO quite well reasoned and insightful. Im sure most here had a wee tiff with him now and then but it was great entertainment and as for the "Farewell" post :lol:
He set out to cause offence to as many people as possible - and succeeded.
Many long term posters on this board stopped using it because of him.

Farewell post Namron? There were 313 deaths registered as suicides in Northern Ireland last year, goon thought suicide was a laughing matter, you obviously agree - but then again he also thought cancer was a laughing matter as well.

Glad to be rid of him.
How tightly are you wound up?
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He is probably laughing his Brennan of at this :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Rooster wrote:He is probably laughing his ar$e of at this :lol:
I would say so Clucker. He must have a lot of spare time on his hands now, maybe oiling his irons by the fire or torturing some thin-skinned individual on a golfing forum :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Am I missing something here? Of course Goon is UT1. Did he not even finally admit it last week?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Am I missing something here? Of course Goon is UT1. Did he not even finally admit it last week?
I think there are more than you missing something BR :lol: some are so well confused now they are not even sure who they are themselves and others don't remember anything at all beyond the last post they typed
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

It didn't occur to me until the Athletic Stores thread when I realised that there can't be two people that irascible on the terrace or we'd have had war by now. Quick check of posting dates reveals that the Spam joined in March but didn't post until May 2.... Goon said goodbye on the second day in May...
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

brother goonhead PM'd me.

he's in southern asia on a 12 week trip with his missus.

a man of his 'ilk' begins to think about striking off the things he always wishes he'd gotten around to doing, and realises that some are illegal and some arent becoming of an elder statesman.

the obvious things like a skydive, scuba diving on a reef, cage diving with Jaws etc - all ruled out by his doctor. eating fried insects in a swamp infested jungle however wasnt asked about and therefore not ruled out. and so they headed off, 1st class of course, to cambodia. his itinerary wasnt exact but he'll also see Laos, Nam, S. Korea, Thailand, Indonesia and he took particular delight in advising that he would be living like the f**kin firstborn of Genghis Khan himself in the Mandarin Oriental, Beijing for a week at the end of his trip.

he will be back on the terrace in time for our pre-season fixtures against Worcester and Sarries.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

namron wrote:
moondance wrote:
namron wrote:Au contraire I quite enjoyed the Goons posts being IMHO quite well reasoned and insightful. Im sure most here had a wee tiff with him now and then but it was great entertainment and as for the "Farewell" post :lol:
He set out to cause offence to as many people as possible - and succeeded.
Many long term posters on this board stopped using it because of him.

Farewell post Namron? There were 313 deaths registered as suicides in Northern Ireland last year, goon thought suicide was a laughing matter, you obviously agree - but then again he also thought cancer was a laughing matter as well.

Glad to be rid of him.
How tightly are you wound up?
Have to agree with Namron here.

There have been some other comments made on here of late that were equally offensive but after an apology everyone moved on. What's the difference with this?

I truly sympathise if you have lost someone close to you because of suicide but with the greatest of respect, I very much doubt Gooner set out to post that pic thinking he would offend someone who may / may not have lost someone that way.

So for me, some of you are applying a double standard here where Gooner is concerned. If it's acceptable for someone else who had made or posted offensive comments to remain following an apology why would this not extend to Gooner?

And no, I'm not related to or have even met Dave. I just think we should treat everyone the same and let the mods get on with moderating the board when it needs to be moderated.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Wee Woman wrote:And no, I'm not related to or have even met Dave.
The same way that "an unnamed footballer" has never met "that slut off of big brother" in his life before.
And "no bro, I never eyed up your ewe" (it's a welsh thing)
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I feel NI's 5th super-injunction coming on - be careful Welder :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I feel NI's 5th super-injunction coming on - be careful Welder :lol:
Jeeze if rumours are correct you would be better off forgetting an injunction than being associated with the ones that have them.
Ps think Jim Allister knows well who they are and just :stir:
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re:

Post by Wee Woman »

Rooster wrote:Ps think Jim Allister knows well who they are and just :stir:
Wee Jim's a clever chap, you're probably right Rooster.

I give it to the end of next week and he'll be using parliamentary privilege to 'out' them :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rooster wrote:
Ps think Jim Allister knows well who they are and just :stir:
Wee Jim's a clever chap, you're probably right Rooster.

I give it to the end of next week and he'll be using parliamentary privilege to 'out' them :lol:
I certainly hope so, should be biggest pile of brad pitt to hit the fan here in years
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re:

Rooster wrote:biggest pile of brad pitt to hit the fan here in years
so's yer face