NORN IRON

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: NORN IRON

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I see Linfield beat the Czech Republic 5-0 tonight

Or something like that.

I suppose Linfield are gonna win the Euro Championships next. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:I've been threatened in Rotherham, chased down the street In Cambridge, had bottles thrown at me (well, in my general direction) in Coventry. And that's just the away games. The home games were just as terrifying when the likes of Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Millwall and Plymouth came to town. ...
Rotherham, Cambridge, Coventry, Cardiff, Palace, Milwall, Plymouth .... and one common factor with all of these ... YOU! :shock:
Careful you don't incriminate yersel! :lol:
In my defence, I also went to Barnet, York, Bradford City, Northampton, Colchester, Oxford, Chester, Wrexham and - last but not least - Man United, without anyone saying a cross word to me. :thumleft:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Gary wrote:Mike, if you come across some Belarus fans this weekend, I suggest that you don't sing "You're a small part of Russia". It's likely you wouldn't be around for any more Ulster games!
He was flying a Belarus fleg the night.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Gary wrote:Mike, if you come across some Belarus fans this weekend, I suggest that you don't sing "You're a small part of Russia". It's likely you wouldn't be around for any more Ulster games!
He was flying a Belarus fleg the night.
Which was more than can be said of himself. Last I saw of him was him being lifted back to his feet and danderin' off in a not too straight line, having fallen over pi$$ed on the terrace after the match. >burp

And that possibly saved him from being apprehended by the yella coats, because had he been slightly more sober, he may well have made an effort to get onto the pitch after the match. Was certainly being egged on to do it by one or two with him. Not that I personally would have encouraged him. >EW

So Mike, if yer reading this having sobered up temporarily, and have one or two bruises you can't account for, you can blame it on the fall ... or you can blame it on Trevor Brennan - the choice is yours. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
So Mike, if yer reading this having sobered up temporarily, and have one or two bruises you can't account for, you can blame it on the fall ... or you can blame it on Trevor Brennan - the choice is yours. :lol:
Are you saying HWM is an injury concern for next week? - the concern being that he might be fit enough to travel.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I am pleased to report that I am alive and well on what looks quite a nice DAY 4447. And good win last night Norn Iron 2 Belarus 1 although we did leave it very late for the winning goal. I don't recall falling at Ravenhill on Saturday night and no bruises evident on sunday morning but who am I to contradict the sober & learned Cap'n G. Decided against bringing my Belarus fleg to the game last night. Will be travelling to Dublin fit and well on Friday but how fit and well I will be on Saturday by 5.45pm is open to debate. Onesies are in the wash.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I don't recall falling at Ravenhill on Saturday night and no bruises evident on sunday morning but who am I to contradict the sober & learned Cap'n G.
Perhaps it will refresh your memory if I say I was talking at the time to a gennulman, formerly of this parish, to wit, the original kimble when you prostrated yourself at his feet?

On the other hand, such was your state on Saturday evening, it is not surprising that you remember nothing of the events post match.
I'm not arguing -
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nobody likes a tell-tale.

I understand there were Ulster fans singing in the Red Panda on Saturday night but I would not go so far as to name them.

Speaking of singing, there is a very strange story in the BT online this evening relating, loosely, to football and Tiffany’s classic number 1 single.

I can’t get the alleged (and shameful obvs) lyrics to scan.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

justinr73 wrote:Nobody likes a tell-tale.

I understand there were Ulster fans singing in the Red Panda on Saturday night but I would not go so far as to name them.

Speaking of singing, there is a very strange story in the BT online this evening relating, loosely, to football and Tiffany’s classic number 1 single.

I can’t get the alleged (and shameful obvs) lyrics to scan.
Just read that. Shocking stuff. Thought we'd left all that nonsense in the past. Tiffany, I'm talking about, obviously. >EW
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

How many of their own players do they hate? Wonder what the GAWA will do when we're a nation once again?
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:How many of their own players do they hate? Wonder what the GAWA will do when we're a nation once again?
They will find other ways to express their hatred.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Proud to be a member of the GAWA. Unfortunately you'll always get idiots in Ireland, North & South, who, usually after a bit of drink, will shout sectarian stuff and I'd put those "loyal" idiots singing Tiffany's song in a very similar category as those very few at Republic footie & GAA games who chant the likes of Up the Ra, insist on singing some dodgy Wolfe Tone songs &/or and have flegs with guns or masks on them. Mirror images of each other. Why am I so sensible?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

According to a caller on Talkback footie and netball are the only sports not organized on an all Ireland basis.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

The caller presumably does not consider Darts and Chess as proper sports?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Think Norn Iron Squash play in the Commonwealth Games.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh