Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Cricket season

Post by big mervyn »

The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm always somewhat bemused by the charge of "bringing the game into disrepute". I neither believe that the game of cricket was on trial nor that the two young gentlemen brought the game of rugby into disrepute. In both cases the trial participants themselves were brought into disrepute, through their own actions, a lying bitch or the DPP, take your pick.

My impression of Stokes is that he seems a Warren Gatland, quick with his fists, apparently attempted to bribe the doorman and beyond question is one very ugly ginger. He may be talented, so what?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.
Hale's or Hales'?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Hales wee sly boot to the head of a boy unable to defend himself seems to have been overlooked by many.
Hale's or Hales'?
It occurred to me to go back and apostrophize at the time but I was on a wee footery phone at the time and couldn't be ar$ed.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
Hale's or Hales'?
It occurred to me to go back and apostrophize at the time but I was on a wee footery phone at the time and couldn't be ar$ed.
So which?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.
Freddie got a one match suspension and lost the VC iirc following his nautical adventures in the West Indies.

I’ve always felt slightly guilty about that because I did buy him his second drink of the evening.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The outcome of the ECB review will be interesting. Regardless of the verdict, there is a case to answer, if only because Stokes and Hales were out on the lash in the middle of a one day series.
Freddie got a one match suspension and lost the VC iirc following his nautical adventures in the West Indies.

I’ve always felt slightly guilty about that because I did buy him his second drink of the evening.
Back in the day, Beefy probably ended up in a few scrapes not dissimilar to Stokes' (apostrophe BR!) escapade. Changed times.

I see Stokes has gone straight back into the Test XI.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Surprise surprise - rain delays start today @ Bready . https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43475
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Back in the day, Beefy probably ended up in a few scrapes not dissimilar to Stokes' (apostrophe BR!) escapade. Changed times.

Thanks but AFAIK the west midlands city was not involved in the incident in Bristol, so there is no confusion. Unlike the Hale/Hales situation.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Thanks but AFAIK the west midlands city was not involved in the incident in Bristol, so there is no confusion. Unlike the Hale/Hales situation.
Sorry. Hadn't twigged until you wrote that. Hales' then.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Sorry. Hadn't twigged until you wrote that. Hales' then.
To be fair, it was fairly clear once I watched the video.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Guys it’s much simpler if you adopt the Derry/Londonderry/MaidenCity/StrokeCity/Delhi/ LondonDelhi system whereby a business called Keyes becomes “I went down ti Keyeses hi”, hence did you see Haleses wee sly boot. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good series this but the sooner England get a decent Test match coach the better.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is this shyte over yet? The weans are back to school. I find myself listing cricket as yet another sport I can no longer be doing with.