What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by solidarity » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Looking out for Bloodlands tonight. Hope it's worth the wait. Any other locally based drama series come to mind? This can't be the first, but I can't think of any at the minute.

Dublin4
Warrior
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Dublin4 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm

If you have Amazon Prime, check out "I care a lot." Very enjoyable.

User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by solidarity » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 pm

Just watched Dark Waters. A good, engaging couple of hours.

waggonsroll
Initiate
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by waggonsroll » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

solidarity wrote:Just watched Dark Waters. A good, engaging couple of hours.
Must have dragged a bit as it only lasted an hour for me Image

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk


User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by solidarity » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 pm

I hate to be pedantic but you must have fallen asleep in the middle. Two hours, six minutes. :D

waggonsroll
Initiate
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by waggonsroll » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 pm

solidarity wrote:I hate to be pedantic but you must have fallen asleep in the middle. Two hours, six minutes. :D
Sorry, brain-dead. I was thinking of Bloodlands - shows how much telly box I watch.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk


User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by solidarity » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm

waggonsroll wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 pm
solidarity wrote:I hate to be pedantic but you must have fallen asleep in the middle. Two hours, six minutes. :D
Sorry, brain-dead. I was thinking of Bloodlands - shows how much telly box I watch.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk
Now that you mention it, Waggons, Bloodlands was a bit iffy. Slow and stilted, looks like it's turning out to be a poor relation of Line of Duty.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21215
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Bloodlands tonight would make you really miss ravers on a Friday.

Fcuk off covid ya prcik.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

justinr73
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3188
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by justinr73 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am

They took a strange route back to the car.

User avatar
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: The Sticks

Re: What are you watching?

Post by mid ulster maestro » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:45 am

La Mante on Netflix. Only six episodes but very engaging. Tres bon!
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 12620
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What are you watching?

Post by big mervyn » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 am

justinr73 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am
They took a strange route back to the car.
That's a frequent plot flaw in these local dramas . Somebody runs down the street and emerges on the other side of the city!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

justinr73
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3188
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by justinr73 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:44 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 am
justinr73 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am
They took a strange route back to the car.
That's a frequent plot flaw in these local dramas . Somebody runs down the street and emerges on the other side of the city!
Like the chase at the end of season 3 of Line of Duty - the Caddy ran past CastleCourt straight on to Tates Avenue, hotly pursued by Lol out of This is England carrying what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle.

I didn’t think The Oval made a particularly convincing Ravenhill.

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 23266
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Snipe Watson » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:18 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:44 pm
big mervyn wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 am
justinr73 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 am
They took a strange route back to the car.
That's a frequent plot flaw in these local dramas . Somebody runs down the street and emerges on the other side of the city!
Like the chase at the end of season 3 of Line of Duty - the Caddy ran past CastleCourt straight on to Tates Avenue, hotly pursued by Lol out of This is England carrying what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle.

I didn’t think The Oval made a particularly convincing Ravenhill.
I'm enjoying Bloodlands. The odd locality anomaly notwithstanding. Just suspend disbelief and enjoy the show for what it is. A good local product.

User avatar
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: The Sticks

Re: What are you watching?

Post by mid ulster maestro » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:31 pm

Local fokelore has it that a couple of villians in Line of Duty were sitting in a car with the balaclavas on when one local warned them that the cops were nearby.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 21215
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Dave » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 pm

You know what you are getting with Jed Mercurio stuff. It won't be Shakespeare but it will be edge of the seat escapism.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Post Reply