What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you watching?

Post by justinr73 »

My lip-reading needs work, but I think I made out “back row” and “grupper kick”.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm Just watched this on youtube. Stick to the end and you might see Rumn going through the gate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_oNNaNSEs8
Maybe Ireland v France Ravenhill 24th January 1953?

Attendance 38,000!

Tries Kyle, Lawlor, McCarthy, Mortell
Cons Gregg 2

Team
FB
Robin Gregg
W
Mick Lane
C
Noel Henderson
C
Kevin Quinn
W
Maurice Mortell
FH
Jackie Kyle (c)
SH
John O'Meara
P
William O'Neill
H
Robin Roe
P
Fuzzy Anderson
L
Patrick Lawlor
L
James Brady
F
Ewart Bell
F
Jim McCarthy
N8
James Kavanagh
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Is there sound or is it just my laptop playing up?

Is the school cap Inst?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don’t know why More4 can’t show/release both parts of the Rebecka Martinsson stories at once.

I can’t remember what happened this morning, never mind a week ago.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I watch RB on all4 so if you wait long enough you can watch 2 episodes in a row. I get how you feel Justy, episode 1 was 90mins long and the rest are only 45. I'm currently watching Borgen, a political drama brought to you by the folks that did The Bridge. A danish version of the Oval Office for those of us old enough to remember.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:37 pm I don’t know why More4 can’t show/release both parts of the Rebecka Martinsson stories at once.

Yeah, binge watching a series is the only way I can hope to follow the plots on these Nordic thrillers. I offered to put up a 6 by 4 whiteboard in the living room so that we could record the storylines, but the wife doesn't fancy it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:15 am
justinr73 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:37 pm I don’t know why More4 can’t show/release both parts of the Rebecka Martinsson stories at once.

Yeah, binge watching a series is the only way I can hope to follow the plots on these Nordic thrillers. I offered to put up a 6 by 4 whiteboard in the living room so that we could record the storylines, but the wife doesn't fancy it.
Ha ha. Brilliant idea!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:22 am I watch RB on all4 so if you wait long enough you can watch 2 episodes in a row. I get how you feel Justy, episode 1 was 90mins long and the rest are only 45. I'm currently watching Borgen, a political drama brought to you by the folks that did The Bridge. A danish version of the Oval Office for those of us old enough to remember.
Last week’s episode was a bit of a shock!

I’ve not watched Borgen. Most of the murderers in politics tend to get away with it. I like to see the killers brought to justice at the end of an episode.

I’m watching Marcella at the minute, purely because it’s set in Belfast. What a load of tripe.

Blue Bloods is back on Monday. It’s not quite as good as the top drawer Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue but it’s well made stuff.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Blue Bloods is interesting as it is the only police show I know in which the main characters have a pretty well functioning family.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

A common complaint this on the FB TV group I am in. Good show but yes show them as double header.

Borgen is excellent, very well written with good characters. S4 coming to Netflix next year.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just watched both seasons of Jack Ryan. The first wasn't bad. The second was poorer with the daftest final episode I've ever seen.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rebekka Martinsson finished tonight, good show.

Deutschland 89 starts on March 5th on More 4, good 80's music. Final part of the trilogy.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watched Ozack on Netflix -- all 3 series --unforunately the 4th is to be the last -- but really like the fact the female characters are all Lady Macbeths -- much more deadly than the male -- real snakes.

Who do they remind me of and why -- The Claimant , the female press , the female social media ,-- deadly --- Shakespeare understood his woman -- love them-- but don't cross.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Ozark very good have to say. Yer fella Bateman is in everything these days, must be worth a mint.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bateman is always good value.

Not watched Ozark (yet) but Laura Linney was superb in the Big C.

Finally watching Deadwood at the moment.