It's the petty petty monster sound

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WillAverage
Novice

It's the petty petty monster sound

Post by WillAverage »

Did anybody else catch Duncan Weir giving a sarcastic wave to PJ as he limped off the field? >seeya a bit unseemly to take pleasure from the injury of your opposite number I'd have thought.
Last edited by WillAverage on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Duncan Weir vs Sportsmanship

Post by Big-al »

He was just waving his HEC qualifying chances away. :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

WillAverage wrote:Did anybody else catch Duncan Weir giving a sarcastic wave to PJ as he limped off the field? >seeya a bit unseemly to take pleasure from the injury of your opposite number I'd have thought.
As was observed last night:
He's fat, he's round
His ass is near the ground
Duncan Weir, Duncan Weir.

he also lost last night.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scapa25 wrote:You can borrow the other lads tinfoil hat
You still here? >EW
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

scapa25 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
scapa25 wrote:You can borrow the other lads tinfoil hat
You still here? >EW
You'd miss me if I left.
No not really

:lol:

......but you can come back on the 23rd February so we can laugh at your Blues!

:)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Missed opportunity for a chorus of "Who ate all the pies". Anybody know if he's related to Chunk?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WillAverage
Novice

Post by WillAverage »

posted this on the Glasgow Warriors Supporters club facebook page
Disgusting to see the sarcastic wave from Duncan Weir as his opposite number limped off the pitch clearly in pain. Otherwise a great game, some what ruined by Weir's chubby antics.
I may not have needed to add 'chubby antics' but after a few glasses of wine it just seemed right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Did you lot notice their 12 jumping around at Hendos card? Maybe im overreacting but got me raging. Hope our boy's seen red at that.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:Did you lot notice their 12 jumping around at Hendos card? Maybe im overreacting but got me raging. Hope our boy's seen red at that.
I noticed that. What a fekkin tool.

Did us a favour though. Thought our intensity was great during the 10 mins - we drew the sin-bin 3-3 if I remember correctly.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

damianmcr wrote:Did you lot notice their 12 jumping around at Hendos card? Maybe im overreacting but got me raging. Hope our boy's seen red at that.
Yeah I noticed that too, he was just trying to get the team wound up, but I think the Ulster players stepped up at this stage, they could have buckled under the pressure of the ref but kept if going and got themselves back in the match to dominate the last 20.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WillAverage wrote:posted this on the Glasgow Warriors Supporters club facebook page
Disgusting to see the sarcastic wave from Duncan Weir as his opposite number limped off the pitch clearly in pain. Otherwise a great game, some what ruined by Weir's chubby antics.
I may not have needed to add 'chubby antics' but after a few glasses of wine it just seemed right
That isn't remotely an average comment, its a disgraceful accusation. Just watched it on TV and there is absolutely no way you could say with any remote accuracy that Weir did any such thing based on a few quickly changed camera angles.

Indeed I have rewatched it a couple more times and judging by the lines on the pitch when Weir made that hand gesture he was facing the other way from where Paddy left the pitch. I believe he was communicating with a Weegie winger apologising for not passing to him.

Your only defence is your "few glasses of wine" but I'm clear you have made a fool of yourself. Suggest you might care to apologise on Weegies facebook page if you are any sort of a man at all. To make that sort of accusation you need to be very clear on what you have seen, at no point were they in the same camera shot, you have added 2 + 2 and answered Banana.

Shameful.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I don't know why he was doing that - I don't think it was out of happiness for the yellow card cos he was going round slapping his teammates on the back. I think he was simply congratulating them for their work on the ground. Needless to say it did look quite poor though and gave the wrong impression.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Just had a wee look there and how you made that connection, I'll never know. As Baggy says, get over to Weegies and remove your post.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Can't beat a bit of auld Ulster paranoia!
Mum :duh:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

I didn't notice Duncan Weir waving as PJ left the pitch. I did notice, however, that they seemed very friendly before the match. They were shaking hands and chatting during the warm up. I would have been surprised if there had been any sarcasm.