All Ireland Finals

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All Ireland Finals

Post by Russ »

Sad to see violence in a so called sporting event

Easterby Out
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

damianmcr wrote:You would expect Kilkenny to win surely?

Yeah Kilkenny would be expected to win. However they are not quite the dominant force they were a few years and they can be got at as they have some defensive weaknesses. I think Limerick are good enough to win......but do they have it in their heads. If they don't have a meltdown I wouldn't put it past them. I would feckin well love to see Kilkenny beaten and see the head on Cody if they are. :D
damianmcr wrote: I'm looking forward to the football semi's. Especially Dublin v Donegal. Can the Dubs be beat. Breezed past Monaghan yesterday. Kerry are looking good. Pity the gooch is out.
I can't see anyone troubling Dublin. They won by 17 points yesterday and despite the claims of the Dublin Manager who is, I believe, trying to keep people's feet on the ground, never were troubled and never had to get into top gear. It is frightening for the rest of the teams how good this Dublin really are. Donegal are one trick ponies. They are good at what they do which is outmuscling the opposition but Dublin won't be outmuscled and Donegal will have nothing else to hurt them with. Kerry rely on one or two players. As soon as they come up against a team who can neutralise those they are done for. They may get to the final but they would be wolfed in it by Dublin IMO.

I think this is the best Dublin team I've seen and one of the best teams overall I've seen.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Sad to see violence in a so called sporting event

Easterby Out

:lol: :lol:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kilkenny ballixes pulled out two goals when they needed them and manage to secure the victory. A pity because Limerick had every chance to win that game.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Sad to see violence in a so called sporting event

Easterby Out

:lol: :lol:
Is it worth watching? Can't bate culchies scrapping.

You can say what you like but everybody loves a good sporting brawl. :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:

The intensity at times was phenomenal. Some of the tackling was right on the edge, just where you want it. One of the Limerick players shouldered a Kilkenny ballix at one stage and nearly drove him into the middle of next week. Utterly fantastic and absorbing stuff. Even though I was watching at home I almost felt a part of it as I willed Limerick to give Kilkenny everything they deserved both physically and in terms of scoring. Only once it threatened to boil over as Kilkenny as usual couldn't take that shoulder and they wanted to descend into a filth fighting contest but Limerick were having none of it from them and thankfully the ref knew he was officiating a top level hurling match and not a shower of actors pretending to be sportsmen.

Brawls are OK now and again but nothing beats a hard bástard encounter with no quarter asked and little whinging(except that one Kilkenny moment) from the players about a broken nail or two. :D

Oh and all that during an incessant downpour and at times with a gale blowing to the extent that one could only marvel at the skill level on show as the errors level was pretty low.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

The intensity at times was phenomenal. Some of the tackling was right on the edge, just where you want it. One of the Limerick players shouldered a Kilkenny ballix at one stage and nearly drove him into the middle of next week. Utterly fantastic and absorbing stuff. Even though I was watching at home I almost felt a part of it as I willed Limerick to give Kilkenny everything they deserved both physically and in terms of scoring. Only once it threatened to boil over as Kilkenny as usual couldn't take that shoulder and they wanted to descend into a filth fighting contest but Limerick were having none of it from them and thankfully the ref knew he was officiating a top level hurling match and not a shower of actors pretending to be sportsmen.

Brawls are OK now and again but nothing beats a hard bástard encounter with no quarter asked and little whinging(except that one Kilkenny moment) from the players about a broken nail or two. :D

Oh and all that during an incessant downpour and at times with a gale blowing to the extent that one could only marvel at the skill level on show as the errors level was pretty low.
Pretty sure the OurMa game was straight out of bare knuckle training camps on the border

Diagusting

Easterby Out
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote: Pretty sure the OurMa game was straight out of bare knuckle training camps on the border

Diagusting

Look Russ I don't know whether you are making an actual point or just doing what you usually do. If the latter would you mind f-cking off from this thread as I raised it for the few folk on here who are interested in discussing the All Ireland games in a positive manner or for folks who might have an interest in reading about the games. You may not like the GAA and I have no issue with that but many like the games and I'd be fairly sure there's some folk on this board who like it even though they may not comment on here and they may like to read about the games.

If it is the former I'd be happy to discuss it but please start a different thread so as not to contaminate this one with issues not relating to the games being discussed.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote: Pretty sure the OurMa game was straight out of bare knuckle training camps on the border

Diagusting

Look Russ I don't know whether you are making an actual point or just doing what you usually do. If the latter would you mind f-cking off from this thread as I raised it for the few folk on here who are interested in discussing the All Ireland games in a positive manner or for folks who might have an interest in reading about the games. You may not like the GAA and I have no issue with that but many like the games and I'd be fairly sure there's some folk on this board who like it even though they may not comment on here and they may like to read about the games.

If it is the former I'd be happy to discuss it but please start a different thread so as not to contaminate this one with issues not relating to the games being discussed.
When discussing the games, particularly yesterdays barbarism, then discussing said barbarism should be included

Easterby Out
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Barbarism. :D You must have grown up in an isolation chamber. Gimme a f-cking break will you. A poor incident and one not to be proud of but that is all. Now get up the fecking yard and go and do some much needed growing up. Either way please stop contaminating this thread with your tabloid sensationalist brainless gormless gowlery.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Barbarism. :D You must have grown up in an isolation chamber. Gimme a f-cking break will you. A poor incident and one not to be proud of but that is all. Now get up the fecking yard and go and do some much needed growing up. Either way please stop contaminating this thread with your tabloid sensationalist brainless gormless gowlery.
Happily.

Just remember it's assault until you cross the gate onto the gaa pitch ;)

Easterby Out
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jaysus Russ, at every ruck there are multiple GBHs committed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Next Sunday Tipperary play Cork in the other SF.
And although I'm a Tipp man that is less important to me than victory to the side than
can beat those effers from Kilkenny.
(Historically, that's been Tipp btw, you deserve to know)
And that Jesus if he were here today would be shouting for Tipp, FACT
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:Next Sunday Tipperary play Cork in the other SF.
And although I'm a Tipp man that is less important to me than victory to the side than
can beat those effers from Kilkenny.
(Historically, that's been Tipp btw, you deserve to know)
And that Jesus if he were here today would be shouting for Tipp, FACT

Nicely put Py. I'll be shouting for Tipp next week but no matter who wins that game I will be shouting for them in the final.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Bought my first GAA scarf yesterday - a Donegal one.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh