A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I was always proud that rugby, especially in Ulster has ALWAYS been inclusive, has that changed recently , in so much that we have to now self indulge in promoting it and wearing a badge of honour, I do recall during our closet inclusive days a team being formed and billed as a a Gay rugby team for gay players only, welcomed with open arms and played in an Ulster league, they failed to fulfil fixtures and folded, i question, was it a serious attempt at form a gay rugby club, or was it a challenge to see the reaction along with publicity? Anyways two( gay ) players of my club opposed it as they themselves saw it as a political stunt ( small p in political) and felt that their own “community” was outing them , they preferred privacy to equality!

By the way I am all for Same sex marriage, equal rights etc but I just feel that equality is no longer true equality and if you challenge it or have a different view your labelled a homophobe or racist as that’s a cowards way stop your view.

Good luck on the Parade, have to say the more and more I see and hear what the current CEO is doing to Ulster Rugby the more I start to worry, note: listen to how often it’s referred to as “ the club” maybe I am old fashioned but I just see a dilution of Ulster DNA.

People without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. ...
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:46 pm
rumncoke wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:07 pm Why have they to openly gay ?
I assume you are openly heterosexual, in as much as you feel comfortable attending social events with your partner as a couple, publicly show affection (within the normal social parameters) and marry? I don't expect you to carry a placard.
Being married, being able to "comfortably" attend events with a partner of the opposite sex, to be able to publicly show affection (within ...), and getting married do not mean that someone is openly heterosexual.

There have been many homosexuals who have done many or all of these in the past simply to conform to accepted norms at that time, and possibly/probably some still do these days, especially in places like Norn Iron. Just sayin', like.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am openly heterosexual, and have no problem with others being openly hetero or homosexual (or bi, etc, etc). Just pointing out that what one shows openly, does not necessarily equate with what one feels inwardly.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

... and no, me does not protest too much ...

...or is that protesting too much? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mervyn

I walk down the street with my wife in the same way as I walk down the street with my mates.

Personally sex is something I always preferred in a private place -- mind you privacy was not always easily found.

I never really went in for the big show of being Hetro --- as in "LOOK at ME -- I'M Hetro" and so is every body else in this parade.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 pm Mervyn

I walk down the street with my wife in the same way as I walk down the street with my mates.

Personally sex is something I always preferred in a private place -- mind you privacy was not always easily found.

I never really went in for the big show of being Hetro --- as in "LOOK at ME -- I'M Hetro" and so is every body else in this parade.
You ever hold your wifes hand, put an arm around her, maybe even peck her on the cheek in public??
If so i assume you do the same with your mates? If not then you are talking complete tripe. Gay pride exists because many gay people feel unable to hold hands, place an arm around a shoulder or peck on the cheek in public without the fear of being abused or even being given a dig in the face. When were u last abused for holding hands with your missus?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

I see many an openly gay couple hold hands and show affection, so, either your in the wrong places , or don’t go out a lot . Or you just have a very isolated life.

Recently saw a couple of blokes in a bar sucking the face of each other quite heavy to be honest , now I have known many a heterosexual couple getting scorned for such behaviour, however I just felt it was ignored as the fear factor of being labelled homophobic outwayed common decency

I do know if I was sucking Mrs Moles bake and pulling the nanny of her in the same pub I would have been barred. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Gerald the Mole wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:43 amI

By the way I am all for Same sex marriage, equal rights etc but I just feel that equality is no longer true equality and if you challenge it or have a different view your labelled a homophobe or racist as that’s a cowards way stop your view.

Depends on what exactly one is challenging. If somebody is challenging equal rights they should be labeled negatively.

However there is little doubt there are some folk pushing an anti-equality agenda who like to label all folk who disagree with them. For example folk who espouse the ideals of equality of outcome are anti-equality. Quota systems for example, even if espoused for seemingly good reasons, are anti-equality. Privilege is dangerous. Both the ultra-nationalists / ultra conservatives and the loony "liberals" are as bad as each other as they fight to privilege their chosen segment of society. Equality of opportunity is the only equality which is pure.

Just on the topic of Pride - 25% of LGBT folk in the western world still face discrimination for the sole reason of being LGBT. In some parts of the world the state can legally kill you simply because you are LGBT. Pride is as important now as it ever was.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

One thing I disagree with is that all debate shows are happy to bring all religious leaders on to debate Homosexuality, except for one, the one that your allowed to be mention the one that is openly hostile to Homsexuality however the majority LGQTYMCAIRASFUDA movements are happy ignore that.

I am not gay but have kissed a few boys who are
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Gerald the Mole wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm One thing I disagree with is that all debate shows are happy to bring all religious leaders on to debate Homosexuality, except for one, the one that your allowed to be mention the one that is openly hostile to Homsexuality however the majority LGQTYMCAIRASFUDA movements are happy ignore that.

I am not gay but have kissed a few boys who are

Debate Homosexuality. :D Yet some folk still wonder why Pride is important.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I am not against same sex relationships--- just the use of the term marriage to define them -- Not against persons in a same sex relationship having similar rights as those of man and wife within their relationship if that's what they want and I am sure there is some lawyer somewhere who could devise a legal document which two people could sign to ensure those rights exist and acceptable to the courts if challenged.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

obviously those demanding ssm have never been married , maybe after they have they may see what a pain in the Brennan marriage really is
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:27 pm I am not against same sex relationships--- just the use of the term marriage to define them --
Why do you care? :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

"When were u last abused for holding hands with your missus?"
I was. By the missus.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:19 pm "When were u last abused for holding hands with your missus?"
I was. By the missus.
Highly likely you deserved it. :D
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I prefer to abused by the wife in private not in the street -- thank you !!-- there are laws against it