What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by rumncoke »

Hairs in your mouth form a bar of soap somebody's not shaving correctly
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Some decent ale in Bar 13 in Settle, N Yorks.

Pretty sure I spotted the back of an Ulster Rugby polo shirt in the village too.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:11 am Hairs in your mouth form a bar of soap somebody's not shaving correctly
Rumn's eating soap now ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:16 pm
rumncoke wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:11 am Hairs in your mouth form a bar of soap somebody's not shaving correctly
Rumn's eating soap now ...
Just realised this was Xmas Day!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Pay attention at the back there!
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Picked up four cans of the Guinness 0.0 out of sheer novelty. It’s not half bad and I’d rate it as slightly more than 90% as good as the normal canned stuff. A slightly lesser mouth feel than a drought pint and it doesn’t have the same irony kick at the end. Slight chocolate notes.

It pours like Guinness, looks like Guinness, the head stays healthy the whole way to the bottom of the glass. I’d definitely keep an eye on it out and about for any nights I’d prefer to drive or if I have a big bike ride the morning after a night out.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

germcevoy wrote:Picked up four cans of the Guinness 0.0 out of sheer novelty. It’s not half bad and I’d rate it as slightly more than 90% as good as the normal canned stuff. A slightly lesser mouth feel than a drought pint and it doesn’t have the same irony kick at the end. Slight chocolate notes.

It pours like Guinness, looks like Guinness, the head stays healthy the whole way to the bottom of the glass. I’d definitely keep an eye on it out and about for any nights I’d prefer to drive or if I have a big bike ride the morning after a night out.
You could bring some along on Friday and see how HWM gets on with it.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

germcevoy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 pm Picked up four cans of the Guinness 0.0 out of sheer novelty. It’s not half bad and I’d rate it as slightly more than 90% as good as the normal canned stuff. A slightly lesser mouth feel than a drought pint and it doesn’t have the same irony kick at the end. Slight chocolate notes.

Going to give that a try very soon (the Guinless; not the long bike ride).

Anybody tried the new poury spout Guinness yet? Seems a bit of a gimmick, but would love ti be proved wrong.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:15 pm
germcevoy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 pm Picked up four cans of the Guinness 0.0 out of sheer novelty. It’s not half bad and I’d rate it as slightly more than 90% as good as the normal canned stuff. A slightly lesser mouth feel than a drought pint and it doesn’t have the same irony kick at the end. Slight chocolate notes.

Going to give that a try very soon (the Guinless; not the long bike ride).

Anybody tried the new poury spout Guinness yet? Seems a bit of a gimmick, but would love ti be proved wrong.
Apparently it's really good with a couple of shots of vodka in it.

Found a very decent tempranillo called The Guv'nor. Cheapest price in the UK is £6.99. €2.40 here >burp
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Had two pints of draft Guinness 0.0 in Dublin a few weeks back the day after Connacht v Ulster and it was better than I was expecting.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I had a can of Guiness 0.0 a couple of weeks ago and I agree, Mike, not bad at all. I don't like a lot of fizz and this was just right for me.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 pm Had two pints of draft Guinness 0.0 in Dublin a few weeks back the day after Connacht v Ulster and it was better than I was expecting.
Has someone hacked your account?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Nope, it's that I was the sober driver from sunny Dalkey back to Holywood on the Sunday afternoon.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Anything in a bottle with about 2 glasses in it . Its wonderful how your drink cupboard becomes full of whiskey etc bottles with about two drinks in it -- and totally useless when anyone calls -- -- you look in the cupboard and think you have a stock -- and you don't.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I assume everyone is heading to the pub in 10 minutes.

Judging from the number of people whinging for the last 10 years, I expect them to be queued out onto the pavement this lunch time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk