What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Shyte
Is that wot yer drinking? :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Saw a bottle in the offy Grumps and was deeply confused, not helped by the fact that there was no sign of the wonderful Bush Ordinaire on view. I wondered had they taken the ludicrous step of rebranding the standard bottle, thank God they haven't.

I'll await an opinion, though I suspect Dave may already have provided a review.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Shyte
Is that wot yer drinking? :shock:
Not always.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Nothing ever again!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Saw a bottle in the offy Grumps and was deeply confused, not helped by the fact that there was no sign of the wonderful Bush Ordinaire on view. I wondered had they taken the ludicrous step of rebranding the standard bottle, thank God they haven't.

I'll await an opinion, though I suspect Dave may already have provided a review.
Hopefully I will review it soon after Christmas ... hopefully without having to buy it for myself. :thumleft:

If necessary though, I'll take one for the team and report back. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sake.

Bought it out of curiosity.

Closest thing to it would be a fino sherry. It's alright like, but I wouldn't be in a big rush to buy more. Maybe I'll think differently when I get to the bottom of the bottle :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Sake.

Closest thing to it would be a fino sherry. It's alright like, but I wouldn't be in a big rush to buy more. Maybe I'll think differently when I get to the bottom of the bottle :lol:
As in rice wine?

Do you drink it warmed?

Tried it (warm) many years ago in London in an oriental restaurant.

Unfortunately I'd had a few pints before hand and a bit of a pub crawl after, finishing back at hotel which had a very late bar for residents.

Can't really remember what I thought of the sake for some reason. :drunken:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Sake.

As in rice wine?

Do you drink it warmed?

Tried it (warm) many years ago in London in an oriental restaurant.

Unfortunately I'd had a few pints before hand and a bit of a pub crawl after, finishing back at hotel which had a very late bar for residents.

Can't really remember what I thought of the sake for some reason. :drunken:
Yeah rice wine. I'm drinking mine slightly chilled which is also acceptable. There's different flavours but this one's "umami" (Shooting Stars? :lol:). Definitely easier to drink once the taste has been acquired >burp
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I think I’ve forced down most of a bottle at some point.

And cooked with the rest of it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sake is the Japanese version of mijiu in China, better grade stuff is huanjiu for a real man's Chinese drink try the equivilant of vodka or whiskey called baijiu, best drunk at home near a bed !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Anyone tried Red Bush yet?

A bit like Black Bush but matured in Bourbon casks. It was only released a year or two back.
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Saw a bottle in the offy Grumps and was deeply confused, not helped by the fact that there was no sign of the wonderful Bush Ordinaire on view. I wondered had they taken the ludicrous step of rebranding the standard bottle, thank God they haven't.

Hopefully I will review it soon after Christmas ... hopefully without having to buy it for myself. :thumleft:

If necessary though, I'll take one for the team and report back. :lol:
Santa was good to me - broad hints taken on board. :cheers:

Red Bush - Quite acceptable - not as smooth as Black Bush or a Bush single malt.

I'm not good at describing tastes - just know what I like, and what I don't. It's possibly a medium between a regular Bush and Black Bush.

Wouldn't be rushing to buy it myself - I now have a liking for Bush Ordinaire, Black Bush and my (now) favourite of 10yr Bush Single Malt. Having said that, I wouldn't refuse it if offered.

Certainly given the choice between spending my £19 on Red Bush or going for the Bush Ordinaire, I would save a couple of quid and buy the cheaper Bushmills, or find a few extra £s and buy the Black Bush.

I have however, still to find anything that comes out of the Bushmills Distillery that I cannot knock back, although the Honey Bushmills does push the limits a bit.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I may have been a bit previous in my last assessment ... strangely enough, a second one (actually probably a third or fourth, considering the first was probably a triple), is a lot smoother ... :lol: :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Black bush remains my favourite tipple but I do like this Jameson's Caskmate.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I'm actually drinking McGrath's red ale but some of youse hipsters might enjoy this

Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Uvavu.....
Exterminate all rational thought