Charlie Hebdo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Charlie Hebdo

Post by Jackie Brown »

I like Dawkins, he's smug because he treats the religious with the contempt they deserve.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

And Hitler wasn't an Atheist, he was a Catholic.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Meanwhile back at Charlie Hebdo ...............

Conspiracy theories emerging due to the fact that video of the policeman apparently being shot whilst on the ground does not show what supposedly, should be expected. I have seen it unpixilated and unless the video has been tampered with, there is no recoil of gun, no muzzle flash or smoke, more strangely, there is no blood or splatter of any sort that you might expect from such a short range gunshot to the head, neither is there body movement.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... have to say I know nothing of guns but it did look rather "clean", maybe someone who knows might say if they think what I have described is odd.

Did you know the chief investigator has apparently taken his own life? He is certainly dead.

I'm a sucker for conspiracy and may well be being duped but it all appears rather ...................odd??????????
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Jackie Brown wrote:And Hitler wasn't an Atheist, he was a Catholic.
Jackie, you're a terror! >EW
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

pythagoras wrote:
He was, Stalin on the other hand was a psychotic megalomaniac.

I don't think it really matters what religion or not a dictator is.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hitler was a protestant
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

He was baptised ,confirmed and un excommunicated before his death. Roman Catholic
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Want to find out someone's religion?
Ask an ulsterman! :lol:
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

pythagoras wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote: again, witness the Catholic Church with the Spanish Inquisition.
Aah, the Black legend.
Far more died in the NI troubles as were sentenced to death by church tribunals in Spain.[/

Really ? There must be a lot of missing persons then .There some historians who give figures of up to 135,000 people killed under Torquemada. This number includes 125,000 asserted to have died in prison due to poor conditions, leaving 10,000 sentenced to stake ,garrotte or otherwise.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

pythagoras wrote:Want to find out someone's religion?

Read a book
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

namron wrote:
pythagoras wrote:Want to find out someone's religion?

Read a book

namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/image ... .yahoo.com

They certainly don't Captain Mainwaring
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

namron wrote: http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/image ... .yahoo.com

They certainly don't Captain Mainwaring
You nailed it Norm! Smoking gun right there! :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pythagoras wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote: Plenty of evil has been committed by people who happen to tangentially be atheists (Hitler, Stalin etc).
Is anyone responsible more evil in history than these 2?
How do you know that their atheism was unrelated to their murderous tendencies?

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote: However, plenty of evil has also been committed by people who happen to be religious
And if you're going to persist in your assertion that the worst mass murderers in history were only tangentially atheistic,
how are you certain that these people weren't just tangentially religious?

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote: again, witness the Catholic Church with the Spanish Inquisition.
Aah, the Black legend.
Far more died in the NI troubles as were sentenced to death by church tribunals in Spain.
pythagoras wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Meanwhile back at Charlie Hebdo ...............

Conspiracy theories emerging due to the fact that video of the policeman apparently being shot whilst on the ground does not show what supposedly, should be expected. I have seen it unpixilated and unless the video has been tampered with, there is no recoil of gun, no muzzle flash or smoke, more strangely, there is no blood or splatter of any sort that you might expect from such a short range gunshot to the head, neither is there body movement.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... have to say I know nothing of guns but it did look rather "clean", maybe someone who knows might say if they think what I have described is odd.

Did you know the chief investigator has apparently taken his own life? He is certainly dead.

I'm a sucker for conspiracy and may well be being duped but it all appears rather ...................odd??????????
The recoil force is used to reload the next round, flash is arrested by reload mechanism and unless you have crap ammunition you won't have much smoke also any smoke probably went into the victim at that range. High velocity shot at close range and the bullet would go straight through not leaving much exit, also blood would not come out as quickly as you think and probably did after the short time the video covers, lack of movement again due to close high velocity punching straight through rather than shoving head in direction of bullet travel.
Consider yourself helped :D
There are more strange bits than that in the whole episode if you wanted to build a conspiracy theory
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:While it does not infringe on my marriage it is the systematic attack moral values which I object to ;a liberal trust that all change is better and improves the human condition . All the evidence points to a different conclusion for example the increasing number of children in one parent families , increased drug use etc .

As for the idea all wars are the product of religious belief is a falsehood - mankind have been at war with each other long before religion became organised .
Did the Greeks and Romans go to war for religious reasons but don't let facts distort a lie . Just accept the human race consists of good guys and bad guys and the is little difference between them when put to the test . It is not religion which it is imperfect but mankind ( mentalist may substitute God for religion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidence, rum. Provide us with hyperlinks to evidence supporting all this. Do you know how to do that?
It's the hope that kills you.