2015 - The General Election - Discussion Forum

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: 2015 - The General Election - Discussion Forum

Post by bazzaj »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:Yes. Wouldn't buy a used car from him.

Alan Millburn on Daily Politics talking very clear sense about the NHS and reform.
Hmmmmm, not sure about him, he has been involved in various ways in politics but ultimately gave it up and has become a more wealthy citizen, doubtless on the back of some contacts in his former life.

No idea what he said and you have not hinted at what that was.

I always doubt folk who appear to use politics as an avenue to a more financially rewarding life. Give me a career politician like the Beast who worked down t'mines before dedicating himself to improving the lot of others. A political career after some experience of real life. I suspect those guys are more trustworthy irrespective of which side of the house they come from.

I'd even trust The Fat Purser before these new age twatts with their degree in politics and having been to the right schools.
Hey! I have a degree in Politics.

Went to the wrong school though :thumleft:
And I had the audacity to argue with you about politics with my degree in feckallogy.
I feel humbled
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Interesting post Election Facebook page :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Things-B ... 54?fref=ts
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Zanny Minton-Beddoes on Question Time tonight. There'll be no bull from Zanny.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Alan Millburn on Daily Politics talking very clear sense about the NHS and reform.
Hmmmmm, not sure about him, he has been involved in various ways in politics but ultimately gave it up and has become a more wealthy citizen, doubtless on the back of some contacts in his former life.

I always doubt folk who appear to use politics as an avenue to a more financially rewarding life. Give me a career politician like the Beast who worked down t'mines before dedicating himself to improving the lot of others. A political career after some experience of real life. I suspect those guys are more trustworthy irrespective of which side of the house they come from.

I'd even trust The Fat Purser before these new age twatts with their degree in politics and having been to the right schools.

I trust you're finding it useful Baldy but I haven't the sense you've joined a major party.

My daughter went to Northumbria to do politics ............but that is another story.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ah so Farage now officially is a c**t. :lol: :lol:

http://www.thejournal.ie/nigel-farage-b ... 2-May2015/
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

I trust you're finding it useful Baldy but I haven't the sense you've joined a major party.

My daughter went to Northumbria to do politics ............but that is another story.
Considered it when slightly younger but didn't last . . . in the voluntary sector now, telling them all to feck themselves, cept no-one listens.

God, that sounds quite bleak, doesn't it?

>skull
It's the hope that kills you.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

And I had the audacity to argue with you about politics with my degree in feckallogy.
I feel humbled
Wasn't holding my degree up as a sign of infallibility, bazz. Are you one of these "University of Life" types? :duck:

EDIT: Also, not to labour the point, but I believe it's feckallology.
Last edited by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin on Thu May 14, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:The whole thing has gone Pete Tong at UKIP. I knew this election would kick off eventually. Farage's game plan exposed in the Times. Pseudo resignation that was never intended to be real. What a shower of chubes.
The man is a shameless arsewipe, 7 campaigns to become an MP, still no success, I wonder why so many voters whether actual electors of party selection committees have found him unelectable, perhaps Mr O'Whatshisname is revealing something the common five eighth misses when he sees the double chinned chinless wonder pouring pints.

4 Million bitter & twisted lunatics across wide swathes of that appalling country doth not a party make, simply a widely spread shower of bi-gits & racists who are easily led by the nose by a wide boy & his selection of oddballs.

Meanwhile in the home of democracy I hear that the Human Rights Act faces the chop, just doesn't sound right, but lets see what the proposals are for a Bwitish Bill of Wights. It wouldn't seem so bad if the tossers could speak their own language.

Baldy: By the way, I am a Fellow of the School of Hard Knocks. If one doesn't live & learn, one just isn't trying, think that was the translation of the School motto

Whenever people speak of qualifications, my mind instantly goes back to East Belfast public nuisance and leader of the "Workers Strike" one maun who spoke as if it were a great inconvenience for his tongue to move within his mouth to create intelligible sounds or indeed words, Billy (pronounced "Bully" appropriately) Hull. He was asked how he had become Bill Big Balls and gave the memorable reply, "I'm nat an edjukated maun, I jist have a lat of pwrrrr".

(Russ will be thrilled to hear I was a scab during the Liylist workers strike)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:The whole thing has gone Pete Tong at UKIP. I knew this election would kick off eventually. Farage's game plan exposed in the Times. Pseudo resignation that was never intended to be real. What a shower of chubes.
The man is a shameless arsewipe, 7 campaigns to become an MP, still no success, I wonder why so many voters whether actual electors of party selection committees have found him unelectable, perhaps Mr O'Whatshisname is revealing something the common five eighth misses when he sees the double chinned chinless wonder pouring pints.

4 Million bitter & twisted lunatics across wide swathes of that appalling country doth not a party make, simply a widely spread shower of bi-gits & racists who are easily led by the nose by a wide boy & his selection of oddballs.

Meanwhile in the home of democracy I hear that the Human Rights Act faces the chop, just doesn't sound right, but lets see what the proposals are for a Bwitish Bill of Wights. It wouldn't seem so bad if the tossers could speak their own language.

Baldy: By the way, I am a Fellow of the School of Hard Knocks. If one doesn't live & learn, one just isn't trying, think that was the translation of the School motto

Whenever people speak of qualifications, my mind instantly goes back to East Belfast public nuisance and leader of the "Workers Strike" one maun who spoke as if it were a great inconvenience for his tongue to move within his mouth to create intelligible sounds or indeed words, Billy (pronounced "Bully" appropriately) Hull. He was asked how he had become Bill Big Balls and gave the memorable reply, "I'm nat an edjukated maun, I jist have a lat of pwrrrr".

Farage is very entertaining, but behind it he is undoubtedly a monumental dipstick and egotist. I would judge the average UKIP voter more kindly. Without doubt there are plenty of slobbering racists, but there are also a lot of people who were simply frightened into voting UKIP, by the jingoistic rhetoric.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Probably mainly right there Snipe but I couldn't agree about Farage, I find him a scumbag, pure and simple, his only act, based largely on The Pub Landlord it would appear, is very very tired after repeat after repeat after repeat, seen more often that "It's a Wonderful Life".

He's on Question Time tonight.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Good man

Proud of you old bean

More pished at some cycle race around canary wharf tonight. Stopping me going home

Corporate twunts
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Probably mainly right there Snipe but I couldn't agree about Farage, I find him a scumbag, pure and simple, his only act, based largely on The Pub Landlord it would appear, is very very tired after repeat after repeat after repeat, seen more often that "It's a Wonderful Life".

It'll be interesting to see how he tries to twist his way out of his "resignation".
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

I feel humbled
Wasn't holding my degree up as a sign of infallibility, bazz. Are you one of these "University of Life" types? :duck:

EDIT: Also, not to labour the point, but I believe it's feckallology.
Wasn't taking the p rory but genuinely admire people who committed themselves to further education.
Especially in a subject like politics which must have been tough going.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Probably mainly right there Snipe but I couldn't agree about Farage, I find him a scumbag, pure and simple, his only act, based largely on The Pub Landlord it would appear, is very very tired after repeat after repeat after repeat, seen more often that "It's a Wonderful Life".

It'll be interesting to see how he tries to twist his way out of his "resignation".
Very disappointing, nobody except Zanny challenged him in any real way. They are literally running scared of his populist platitudes.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Chuka Umunna pulls out of the labour leadership race...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?